Bangladesh Army Bangladesh Army

Bluetooth

Reactions
4 72
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
According to GSTP-2632 IBIB (The latest TO&E), No Support coy exists in an Inf Bn organically.
Vai an article in the 2016 army official journal mentions that there are 24 ATGW weapons available in a brigade which means at least 8 are available for a battalion.so there should be a support element/compani in the battalion itself.accordingly 8 are attached per brigade as the auther mention.other than open source I don't have access to documents related to our doctorine. So maybe you know better.

IMG_20231123_202055.jpg

IMG_20231123_202029.jpg

Bluetooth

Reactions
4 72
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Here's the journal I am talking about.

Attachments

• bangladesh-army-journal-60th-issue.pdf
    8.9 MB · Views: 52

Flextape

Reactions
1 96
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Vai an article in the 2016 army official journal mentions that there are 24 ATGW weapons available in a brigade which means at least 8 are available for a battalion.so there should be a support element/compani in the battalion itself.accordingly 8 are attached per brigade as the auther mention.other than open source I don't have access to documents related to our doctorine. So maybe you know better.
You are partially correct. Yes, an Inf Bn has 8 Atgm/RR but they are under a Sp Pl in the Rifle Coy, not as a separate SP Coy.

Also ANNX-17 shows that 8 are available from the "Divisional Resources", which indicates its from one of the 3 AGTM pl of the ATGM Coy of the Div SP Bn. Also the chances of these getting attached to any Bde but the Div Defence Bde is very unlikely

pic-1 shows that each Coy has 2 therefore the Bn has 8 as stated before
pic 2 shows the Organisation of and Inf Bn with no separate SP Coy (Unlike the Div Sp Bn)
(Both Pictures are taken from GSTP-2630 ICIB and are heavily redacted for obvious reasons)

usually they regular inf bn dont get Atgm Eqpt but they do have a mortar pl
Also I was wrong while typing this, an Inf Bn Does get 8 atgm/rr organically

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 2.png
    2.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 69

Bluetooth

Reactions
4 72
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
It looks like the army is doing things as usual
They are receiving those as gratis.But they may buy more in future or get Turkish equivalent.

except for some political stunts
I don't understand what makes you say that.But if you got professional insight,documents,articles or anything about our trainer and UAV project that supports your claim you can post it here.

yf120

Reactions
1 61
Nation of residence
St V'nt & the Gr'dines
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
They are receiving those as gratis.But they may buy more in future or get Turkish equivalent.

I don't understand what makes you say that.But if you got professional insight,documents,articles or anything about our trainer and UAV project that supports your claim you can post it here.
If you have not been familiar with the baf for the last couple of decades for their stunts and disappointments, then there are these obvious reasons for you to disbelieve what I said and will say. What articles and documents? This just made me laugh in a country where defense, its value, and open discussions about it are still considered somewhat taboo, and the sector has been under the slow influence of direct politicization. The symptoms and indications are there. Not to mention, there is a large group of people who are against the defense procurements, I think you know who we are talking about and their agenda here, at least. Anyway, do you consider Baf has any detterence or has had any for the last 15 years? If you also believe the revelation of trainers just two months before is just a coincidence, not the past year or next year, then I have nothing to say. Trainers and UAVs are not replaceable with fighter jets or kopters right now and probably for the next decade, especially for a country like BD when they are completely new in here.
Baf also could have gotten many gratis, right? like the Navy and Army, but they did not.

Bluetooth

Reactions
4 72
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
From what we know about the project it is slowly turning out to be a solid basic trainer that could fulfill BAFs requirements that could replace pt-6 if successful.Nobody thought or expected it to be Grob equivalent or be world class and there is always room for improvement.But considering the infancy of our aviation industry, everyone was happy.

As you showed dissatisfaction I only asked that if you knew any insider information that we didn't know. But now as I looked at your activity in this forum, I immediately regreted that I even started this discussion with you.

yf120

Reactions
1 61
Nation of residence
St V'nt & the Gr'dines
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
From what we know about the project it is slowly turning out to be a solid basic trainer that could fulfill BAFs requirements that could replace pt-6 if successful.Nobody thought or expected it to be Grob equivalent or be world class and there is always room for improvement.But considering the infancy of our aviation industry, everyone was happy.

As you showed dissatisfaction I only asked that if you knew any insider information that we didn't know. But now as I looked at your activity in this forum, I immediately regreted that I even started this discussion with you.
Sorry to disappoint you, but you are asking for something that probably the wikileaks or something like that can give you right now. Though fear not, leave it to history to tell you what has been done. These all might feel like conspiracy theories to you, I'm afraid. And yes, I'm very angry at baf. Since my teenage years until now, I have had multiple emotional phases because of them and their hype, ending up with a negative hope for the last couple of years for their last couple of stunts to fool us. I guess we will never have a powerful or competent air force, which we most need in this era of modern warfare. Also yes, i would be full of joy and a bright future for the trainers baf wants to make if it were the 90s, and right, those pearl harbored PT6 have to be replaced with some indigenously made crafts, obviously. More profit.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,384
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

Flextape

Reactions
1 96
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Excellent Find Afif! Even I didn't know anything about it, all I can add is that this gun is from 24th Medium Regiment Artillery stationed in Ramu Cantonment under 10th Artillery Brigade

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,384
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Excellent Find Afif! Even I didn't know anything about it, all I can add is that this gun is from 24th Medium Regiment Artillery stationed in Ramu Cantonment under 10th Artillery Brigade

I am not sure if there is something as 24th Medium Arty Regt.

Medium Artillery Regiments are

*10th
*19th
*28th
*41th
*58th

You probbaly meant 28th Med Arty Regt? But according to the ISPR release below, it is the 41th Medium Arty Regt that was raised with 10th Artillery brigade in Ramu.

Additionally, at the same year Army issued RFP for procuring 1 Regiment of 155mm light towed howitzer. Which I assumed to be for the newly raised 41th Med Arty Regt.

Last edited:

Flextape

Reactions
1 96
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
You probbaly meant 28th Med Arty Regt? But according to the ISPR release below, it is the 41th Medium Arty Regt that was raised with 10th Artillery brigade in Ramu.
yes yes, it was a misclick, its the 28th, my fathers' parent unit

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,384
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,384
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
As far as I know, 41Med Moved away and 28Med came in. it happened in 2018 and i was present durng the movevemt of units

Temporary or permanent? Where is 41th Regt now?

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,384
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Is this locally upgraded ? reminded me of our modernized M1 105mm guns we upgrade with digital calculator, Howcanpams (Howitzer Cannon Positioning Alignment and Monitoring Systems)

fb_img_15126095312822051047516.jpg

Not impossible, but the kits likely came from China.
I see this trend in South Asian armies. They can’t really afford new stuff in large numbers to replace the existing inventory. So, they just slap some electronics on old systems.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom