Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,787
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is Good thing from this usa act.
It is that with this hopeless action of usa administration they used the last "Game Card from the Drawer" that they hold against Türkiye.

From this moment on Türkiye have gain more leverage on table against usa in furture.
I hope that Türkiye administration wait a proper time to apply "Own Game Card" for max pain when USA is need of Türkiye.
Soon usa will need Türkiye

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well it is basically not the same thing, despite many Greeks feel sorry about it, Cyprus issue is still active and Greek propaganda ignores what happened before 1974. And in Cyprus, all massacres are documented by UN so nobody can deny them. There are memorials on both sides but for their losses only.
So you say its all well documented and nobody can deny it but Greek side only acknowledges its own losses, well that kinda makes it even worse than Turkeys case.

On the other hand, during whole conflict, slightly less than a thousand Turkish Cypriot died and around 200 of them massacred, while Greeks had much more losses at the end. Of course that does not make the crime less important but, civilized people would look both sides of the story. Despite they deserved I know Greeks also suffered, If they accept their crimes I would feel sorry for them as well. Luckily Turkey was protecting Turkish Cypriots in our story.
Nobody denies that, in a conflict booth sides suffer, same as Turkish civilians massacred at the hand or Armenian militias that got armed by Russia.

So we cannot compare what happened in WW1 to Cyprus Issue
We can, its about recognizing a crime, doesnt matter what scale or how much time passed or even what the circumstances were.

And Ottoman Empire lost at least 2 Mil civilians which is a tragic. Turkey does not deny what happened don't mix so called genocide campaign with the real losses. Thousands of civilians died, the question here is whether done systematically by state or intercommunal conflict, war, retaliations, hunger and illnesses. We are not denying the losses, just the way it is presented.
Well thats the point, WWI was a tragic event everybody is talking about Greek and Armenian losses while its also a well established fact that Turkish minorities from balkan and thrace to Caucasus were being decimated and the empire being attacked from all sides literally.
Some measures such as sending Armenians to Syria might have been drastic but thats what happens in a conflict of such a scale, i dont need to see the hypocritical west pointing finger at us when they themselves are responsible for way worse genocides and ethnic cleansings.

So why exactly must Turkey build a memorial again?

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey

Erdoğan extends condolences to Turkey's Armenians over 1915 events

5pzfnKdl.jpg

President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan meets with Armenian Patriarch Sahak Maşalyan (L) in Istanbul, Turkey, Oct. 22, 2020. (AA Photo)

President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan offered condolences on Saturday to the Patriarch of Turkey's Armenian community Sahak Maşalyan for the Armenian population of Ottoman Empire who lost their lives during the “difficult conditions” of World War I.

"I commemorate with respect the Ottoman Armenians who have lost their lives in the difficult conditions of World War I, and I extend my condolences to their grandchildren," the president said in a statement.

The president added that the politicization of the issue against Turkey, which needs to be researched by historians, has not brought any benefit for anyone.
He emphasized that Turkish and Armenian populations have been living in unity in Anatolia for centuries, adding that Ankara also wants good neighborly relations with Yerevan.

Turkey's position on the 1915 events is that the death of Armenians in eastern Anatolia took place when some sided with invading Russians and revolted against Ottoman forces. A subsequent relocation of Armenians resulted in numerous casualties, added by massacres from militaries and militia groups of both sides. The mass arrests of prominent Ottoman Armenian politicians, intellectuals and other community members suspected of links with separatist groups, harboring nationalist sentiments and being hostile to the Ottoman rule were rounded up in then-capital Istanbul on April 24, 1915, commemorated as the beginning of later atrocities.

Turkey objects to the presentation of the incidents as "genocide" but describes the 1915 events as a tragedy in which both sides suffered casualties.
Ankara has repeatedly proposed the creation of a joint commission of historians from Turkey and Armenia plus international experts to tackle the issue.

Source:. https://www.dailysabah.com/turkey/m...olences-to-turkeys-armenians-over-1915-events
Good, i hope he also says a word or two about the Uyghurs in China, i mean remembering some events from 100 years ago is nice and all but Uyghurs are being put into concentration camps as we speak.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
So you say its all well documented and nobody can deny it but Greek side only acknowledges its own losses, well that kinda makes it even worse than Turkeys case.

Nobody denies that, in a conflict booth sides suffer, same as Turkish civilians massacred at the hand or Armenian militias that got armed by Russia.

We can, its about recognizing a crime, doesnt matter what scale or how much time passed or even what the circumstances were.

Well thats the point, WWI was a tragic event everybody is talking about Greek and Armenian losses while its also a well established fact that Turkish minorities from balkan and thrace to Caucasus were being decimated and the empire being attacked from all sides literally.
Some measures such as sending Armenians to Syria might have been drastic but thats what happens in a conflict of such a scale, i dont need to see the hypocritical west pointing finger at us when they themselves are responsible for way worse genocides and ethnic cleansings.

So why exactly must Turkey build a memorial again?
why exactly must Turkey build a memorial?

Exactly for all victims you mentioned.. Turks, Greeks, Kurds and Armenians etc.. to change the rhetoric around the world.. Take the role from them and promote what really happened. They were all Ottoman losses, and let them not forget muslims also suffered.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Pretty stupid to hold accountable a country for events that happened in an empire that doesn't exist anymore and all people from that era now dead. What do nowadays Turk have to do with something that happened over a century ago ? Some people should try to turn the page and look at the future instead of being stuck in the past.
If they reall want the events to be acknowledged then the first thing is to stop politizing it every time when they need something to annoy Turks.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
why exactly must Turkey build a memorial?

Exactly for all victims you mentioned.. Turks, Greeks, Kurds and Armenians etc.. to change the rhetoric around the world.. Take the role from them and promote what really happened. They were all Ottoman losses, and let them not forget muslims also suffered.
Well last time i checked Canakkale was full of memorials even in honor of the enemy.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,052
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
So that was an interesting way of acknowledging it. They say Ottoman, not Turkey with a single word. And Constantinople instead of Istanbul.

Anyway, let's move on.

Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
So that was an interesting way of acknowledging it. They say Ottoman, not Turkey with a single word. And Constantinople instead of Istanbul.

Anyway, let's move on.

and enable him further actions on us?

A

Akhtar

Anyway, let's move on.

This was actually a great deal. It basically gave Erdogan an out, to further connect with the armenian community within Turkey, continue negotiations with Armenia and save face.

However it also gave Erdogan a chance to further distance Turkey from the old leaders which he has been wanting to do (minimizing Ataturk e.t.c.).

Bahceli types are being stupid about it though, acting like this is a great blow to Turkey and that there must be an immediate response. Russia already recognizes it, Americans already recognize it. It doesn't mean anything. Less money to be spent now on this lobbying of the denial though, is a gift. No more dumb messages in the sky over Manhattan.

Anyways, economy matters more.

reashot_xigwin

Reactions
Nation of residence
Vanuatu
Nation of origin
Vanuatu
This is just a meaningless statement. Biden will just say the genocide happened, but will not pursue any action against Turkey.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,005
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Anyway, let's move on.

You wait and see over time they will include Ataturk.

Its obvious that they are calling our ancestors and our forefathers as war criminals.

Sorry I cant accept this filthy lie.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,005
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hurr durr they are saying the Ottomans not Turkiye hurr durr.

Wow some people are willing to push their forefathers aside.

Seriously pathetic.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,737
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
As long as there is a division in Turkey, some may accept it. As you can see politics is like football, there is no national team as the president is fenerbahceli.

We all know it’s historic and the archives hasn’t been oprned to public for historians to analyse.

Like it’s been pointed out they’ve played a card. I think TSK should make an incursion into Syria or operations targetting terrorists, and don’t stop. Use these operations to raise a few thousand UAV operatives.

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,859
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
It all boils down to gibs me dat.

They want reparations along with land and territory.

They wont stop until they send us back to Central Asia and the Far East.

They can try.

The only thing they are gonna get are bombs dropped on their heads and even more of their "land" taken away.

If they can't learn any lessons from a hundred years ago when they last tried to create greater armenia and their greek cousins greater greece, they are doomed to receive the same results. Nagorno-Karabakh should have been a recent enough lesson for them. But they can't learn because they have been brainwashed for generations with ethno fascists shit. A country and its people thinking they are send by god himself down to earth. A country that thinks it was the first civilization on earth. Diaspora completely obssessed with Turks and ethno fascist ideas.

Also I have yet to see one of those diaspora ethno fascist return to Armenia to join their military. Expecting the poor people in your home country to run to frontlines just to get droned in a matter of minutes doesn't seem so fair when you are sitting in California and buying expensive things with the dirty money your father made by selling drugs and trafficking children and women for the Armenia mafia, a proxy of the Russian Bratva.

There will come a time where the price of antagonizing both Turkey and Azerbaijan will become so heavy(Russia annexing part of Armenia, Turkey and Azerbaijan annexing part of it to link both countries) that the people in Armenia will wake up from their fantasies meanwhile the diaspora will still write how they are winning and need to continue the war even after there are no more men left to fight.

Top Bottom