China's Zhang Boheng takes gold in men's all-around final at gymnastics worlds, stunning performance!

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China

China's Zhang Boheng takes gold in men's all-around final at gymnastics worlds, stunning performance!​

The Associated Press · Posted: Oct 22, 2021 9:51 AM ET

Zhang Boheng of China edged Olympic champion Daiki Hashimoto on Friday to win the gold medal in the men's all-around at the gymnastics world championships.

Zhang, who didn't qualify for China's team for this summer's Olympics, held a slim lead over local favorite Hashimoto heading into the final apparatus, the horizontal bar — an event Hashimoto won at the Tokyo Games.

Zhang scored 14.800 points while Hashimoto received 15.133 but it wasn't enough to erase the deficit and the 21-year-old Zhang finished with 87.981 overall points to 87.964 for Hashimoto.

"This is my first time to take part in the world championships and the first time to win the all-around title for my country," Zhang said. "I was nervous waiting for the scores to appear because it was so close, such a high-level competition."

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China

WEI XIAOYUAN - WINS UNEVEN BARS AT GYMNASTICS WORLDS 2021​

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence