F-6 enthusiast

Reactions
1 595
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

Translation:
The drone used by Ukraine in the war against Russia has put the Russian army in trouble, Bangladesh is buying the Bayraktar TB2 drone made by Turkey.

Mostafa Osman Turan, Turkey's ambassador to Dhaka, confirmed to Prothom Alo that Bangladesh has recently signed an agreement to buy this drone. He said that the Bangladesh Armed Forces recently signed an agreement with Baykar Technology, the manufacturer of the TB2 drone.

@Zafer @Isa Khan

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,179
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Translation:
The drone used by Ukraine in the war against Russia has put the Russian army in trouble, Bangladesh is buying the Bayraktar TB2 drone made by Turkey.

Mostafa Osman Turan, Turkey's ambassador to Dhaka, confirmed to Prothom Alo that Bangladesh has recently signed an agreement to buy this drone. He said that the Bangladesh Armed Forces recently signed an agreement with Baykar Technology, the manufacturer of the TB2 drone.

@Zafer @Isa Khan
Bangladesh is Bayraktar TB2 user, bright green on the map.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,081
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he didnt confirm anything. I watched all of his interviews lately. He said hopefully soon, but no confirmation.

Did anyone else see the big order of Poland from South Korea? It boggles my mind how a country the size of Poland is not at least developing armed personnel carriers. Order is easily in the billions. This could be us in 4-5 years, when the engines are ready.

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Correct me if I'm wrong, but he didnt confirm anything. I watched all of his interviews lately. He said hopefully soon, but no confirmation.

The guy didn't share the specific time in video so can't say which part but looks like Defence Turk also confirms the report.

B.t.N

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Did anyone else see the big order of Poland from South Korea? It boggles my mind how a country the size of Poland is not at least developing armed personnel carriers. Order is easily in the billions. This could be us in 4-5 years, when the engines are ready.

Yeah, Poland is shivering in her boots!

Avanti

Reactions
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
The Philippines has canceled a contract with Moscow for the purchase of 16 Mi-17 multipurpose helicopters worth $228 million due to possible sanctions, - Associated Press

If this is correct its possible we will see more orders for Turkish helicopters

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,114
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
The Philippines has canceled a contract with Moscow for the purchase of 16 Mi-17 multipurpose helicopters worth $228 million due to possible sanctions, - Associated Press

If this is correct its possible we will see more orders for Turkish helicopters

Why would they buy more attack helicopters to replace military transport helicopters?

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,762
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why would they buy more attack helicopters to replace military transport helicopters?
I don’t think the Atak-129 is the exact replacement of Mi-17 helicopters. But we have an agreement with Sikorsky to produce 109 T-70 Blackhawk multi purpose helicopters. The agreement with Sikorsky entails production of same number for Sikorsky for export. This could be a good opportunity to realise that commitment.
It was estimated at the time of the agreement , that there is a potential of 600 T-70 helicopter sale in the next 30 years via this collaboration between Sikorsky and TAI.

Avanti

Reactions
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Countries looking for alternatives from Russian equipment opens a big market for Gökbey and attack helicopters.

We don't have cargo helicopters yet but if you don't buy Mi-17 from Russia fearing sanctions you won't buy other Russian aviation products either

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,851
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Countries looking for alternatives from Russian equipment opens a big market for Gökbey and attack helicopters.

We don't have cargo helicopters yet but if you don't buy Mi-17 from Russia fearing sanctions you won't buy other Russian aviation products either

We have T-70 Sikorsky for that proposal.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,781
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don’t think the Atak-129 is the exact replacement of Mi-17 helicopters. But we have an agreement with Sikorsky to produce 109 T-70 Blackhawk multi purpose helicopters. The agreement with Sikorsky entails production of same number for Sikorsky for export. This could be a good opportunity to realise that commitment.
It was estimated at the time of the agreement , that there is a potential of 600 T-70 helicopter sale in the next 30 years via this collaboration between Sikorsky and TAI.

If I am not wrong some country was going to buy T70 produced in Poland. At the time I was questioning why not from Turkey. Philippines could end up buying from Poland as well.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,762
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
If I am not wrong some country was going to buy T70 produced in Poland. At the time I was questioning why not from Turkey. Philippines could end up buying from Poland as well.
I think our production line was delayed. Our first few Blackhawk requirements were met by Polish manufacturer, rather than TAI. Although over 25 sets of engines may have been delivered by TEI to TAI, the initial requirements are still lagging way behind. To date there are no news of a successful flight test, never mind deliveries that I know of; Albeit I would love to be proven wrong.
The reason of the delay may have something to do with our eagerness to include locally produced parts at a maximum level. But the delay is significant so far.

Last edited:

Bmx98

Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
I think our production line was delayed. Our first few Blackhawk requirements were met by Polish manufacturer, rather than TAI. Although over 25 sets of engines may have been delivered by TEI to TAI, the initial requirements are still lagging way behind. To date there are no news of a successful flight test, never mind deliveries that I know of; Albeit I would love to be proven wrong.
The reason of the delay may have something to do with our eagerness to include locally produce parts at a maximum level. But the delay is significant so far.
What are you talking about, of the new blackhawks that have been ordered all will be produced by Tusas, and isnt the blackhawk flying in the video below Tusas-made.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,762
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
What are you talking about, of the new blackhawks that have been ordered all will be produced by Tusas, and isnt the blackhawk flying in the video below Tusas-made.
That is good to see. A Blackhawk flying. Yes that is the one we were waiting for.
There was one apparently assembled by TAI in November 2019. And performing flight tests.
A year before that, 2 units of Polish produced Blackhawks were purchased by Turkish Gendarmerie.
I take it back about the first flight. It is good news. But there is still no news coming out about serial production of these helicopters. Do you have a nice video like that for the serial production too?

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,851
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
That is good to see. A Blackhawk flying. Yes that is the one we were waiting for.
There was one apparently assembled by TAI in November 2019. And performing flight tests.
A year before that, 2 units of Polish produced Blackhawks were purchased by Turkish Gendarmerie.
I take it back about the first flight. It is good news. But there is still no news coming out about serial production of these helicopters. Do you have a nice video like that for the serial production too?
I like your real "Gentleman" style.

Top Bottom