TR Defence Exports & Updates

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
We should sell it Serbia for sure, So Their neighbors will have no choice but to buy our drones as well, like @Zafer pointed out they will be limited by the number of munitions they have So we can profit of this as much as possible.

This purely about good old $$$ nothing more
wel, no problem with that, do what you want but in that case all reamaining good will and history connections consider evaporated.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
wel, no problem with that, do what you want but in that case all reamaining good will and history connections consider evaporated.
There is no such thing as putting the safety of allies at risk for money. Any drone sales to Serbia will be made for the purpose of keeping Serbia in check.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
There is no such thing as putting the safety of allies at risk for money. Any drone sales to Serbia will be made for the purpose of keeping Serbia in check.
well, you do not know serbs then, they are not that kind of people, they respect only brute force. fine tuning is not their kind of thing.
with eventual selling of tb2 systems to them they will get offensive potential which could not be matched by bosnian side in eventual war scenario.

neosinan

Committed member
Reactions
7 981
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
well, you do not know serbs then, they are not that kind of people, they respect only brute force. fine tuning is not their kind of thing.
with eventual selling of tb2 systems to them they will get offensive potential which could not be matched by bosnian side in eventual war scenario.
TB2's would work against our allies as much as f16s would work against Israel?

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,935
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I don't think Turkey will be selling TB-2s to Serbia as long as it's connected to Russia and poses a threat to Bosnia. If it does for some unknown reason, it's probably going to be offset by giving even higher quality weapons and counter-measures to Bosnia.

Or at least I'd think so.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,067
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
How about no.

We dont need the Serbs, Greeks or the Bulgarians.

What we need to do is to increase our relations with Albania, Croatia, Slovenia, Kosovo, Bosnia and Romania.

Mehmed Ali

Contributor
Reactions
1 905
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
I read this morning that KaraVlahs aka Serbs are in negotiations to buy 12 Rafals. I really don't know from where all those bankrupt joke countries get money. So in the future we will have to face 24 Serbo Croat Rafales. I think we would need some manpads and the long rang kamikaze drones . I don't see us getting any of those

M

Manomed

W
I read this morning that KaraVlahs aka Serbs are in negotiations to buy 12 Rafals. I really don't know from where all those bankrupt joke countries get money. So in the future we will have to face 24 Serbo Croat Rafales. I think we would need some manpads and the long rang kamikaze drones . I don't see us getting any of those
With what money serbs are buying rafales?

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,336
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Should not disturb the peace balance in Balkans. I hope we won't sell them, they can buy it from others.

Deliorman

Contributor
Reactions
5 3,560
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria

Turkish influence in Serbia is almost non-existent... Their population mostly hates Turks in the guts. By selling 5-10-20 drones to Serbia you neither will make any huge money, nor you will make Serbians love you and respect you, nor will they ever listen to you. All that you will achieve is that Bosniaks will be upset and feel betrayed and rightfully so.

This is a very stupid strategy:

I will give a knife to the enemy of my brother so I can keep him in check and if he attacks my brother I will give him a knife too or take away the knife off his enemy's hands.

Confusion of de highest ordaaaa!!!

M

Manomed

Turkish influence in Serbia is almost non-existent... Their population mostly hates Turks in the guts. By selling 5-10-20 drones to Serbia you neither will make any huge money, nor you will make Serbians love you and respect you, nor will they ever listen to you. All that you will achieve is that Bosniaks will be upset and feel betrayed and rightfully so.

I will give a knife to the enemy of my brother so I can keep him in check and if he attacks my brother I will give him a knife too or take away the knife off his enemy's hands.

This proves what @Mehmed Ali pasha was saying.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Türkiye is not the only drone maker, Serbia has other options.
Bosnians can not protect themselves from Serbs by themselves whether Serbs have Turkish made drones or not.
Serbians can not attack Bosnia in any case especially when Russia is bonded.
There is a peacekeeping force in Bosnia in which there are Turks as well.
Simply put Bosnians can only be protected by the help of outside powers like Türkiye or the UN or NATO in which case it does not matter what weapons Serbia has they can not do anything.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,972
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Serbia is funding seperatists within Bosnia and Russia is backing them politically, and now some people here want to sell them weapons that they will use for sure against Bosniaks which is a brotherly country. All for what yeah just few bucks...

Adıvar

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey

However Turkish-Serb relations are much better than most of us here in this forum think what it is..

""
Erdogan pointed out that Turkish investments in Serbia has risen from only $1 million in 2011 to $200 million in 2018 and provided employment for approximately 8,000 people in the country.

"Our companies have investments in Serbia in many sectors such as textile and garment, automotive supplier industry, machinery, banking, tourism. The number of Turkish companies operating in Serbia was around 130 in 2015, and it has already exceeded 800," said Erdogan.""

neosinan

Committed member
Reactions
7 981
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Remember the Falkland war, I think Bosnians should prefer Turkish drones for Serbia over Chinese drones. Just like French shared best tactics and possible exploits against their anti ship missile to Brits we can help Bosnians as well. But it is highly unlikely to assume any help from China at all, if Serbia opts for Chinese drones.

We should sell drones to Serbia for the same reason French is selling Rafaels as well. This would help break Serbia from Russia not only in the eyes of Serbians but also in tactical/logistical level. We should not forget Serbia is slowly but steadily changing it's direction to EU. And if Russian economy doesn't recover from this war Asap, it is highly unlikely they can offer anything to Serbia at all.

Deliorman

Contributor
Reactions
5 3,560
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria
Why you guys can't understand that a deal like that with Serbia is not a matter of war strategies, business interests and future cooperation... it is a matter of Symbolism, Pride and Respect.
You guys can't understand that a deal like this will be a great insult towards Bosnians and their struggles, especially when the wounds from the wars of the 90's are still fresh.

Bosniaks are friends and brothers of Turks and Turkiye- they have always been and always will be. There aren't many other nations that love us and respects us as much as they do. Maybe I am more emotional about this question because I am a Balkan Turk, because I understand the mentality and history of the Balkans. But I tell you again, even thinking about selling weapons that can be used against our Brothers is a treachery. TB-2 is already a symbolic weapon.. let's not turn it into a symbol of betrayal, a symbol of selling your brother for a few dirty bucks.

TNAHN

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If we do not sell, they will buy from the Chinese.
let them take it. Is our entire motivation based on the fact that another country cannot sell uav's? Serbia should also go and get it from China. Selling 10 more drones won't make us rich. but not selling prevents our image in friendly countries from being damaged. which is more valuable.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom