B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,060
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Depends on tech level and the solutions we can offer. I predict that a rival will be created to try restricting Turkeys markwt share and tech sharing/exporting. The rival will produce assembled tech that comes from west. Imo Italy is usually the o e fulfilling that role.
Korean.I guess.

They will provide Korean the drone and jet and heli tech to suppress Turkiye in all the area.

K2 Altay
K9 T-155-2
FA50 Hurjet
KF21 Kaan
Missiles
Naval ships

And new Heli and drone to match Baykar and TUSAS.

Unlike westeren,Korean can proivde good terms and price without Political question

Last edited:

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,587
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Romanian tender for 54 155mm SPHs, for a total of 900 million€. A second tender for a bigger order is expected.
3 finalists: Fırtına 2, Pzh 2000, K9.

Edit. This tender was talked about in the past as "Romania looking to buy K9s" or as a race between the Pzh2000 and K9. T155 wasn't reported at all. Weird. Price cutting by forcing a bidding war between the three maybe.

Last edited:

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,419
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I hope Firtina wins but I have feeling Korean Banks are gonna jump in with favorable offers. (Romnia have been shopping quite a lot lately, I doubt they have the ready cash to pay for it)

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,117
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
I hope Firtina wins but I have feeling Korean Banks are gonna jump in with favorable offers. (Romnia have been shopping quite a lot lately, I doubt they have the ready cash to pay for it)

seems like a very important tender since this is Phase I and the total quantity could be a lot more. Maybe Qatar or UAE can provide financing?

SavunmaSanayiST.com 

Defence Magazine
Reactions
2 530
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
In addition to howitzers, there is also the supply of ammunition. Approximately 10 thousand units.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,419
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
seems like a very important tender since this is Phase I

Phase I? Looks like it is the full tender for three Regiment.
Maybe Qatar or UAE can provide financing?

UAE is a nah, Qatar and KSA are possible candidates. But there is need to be a comprehensive agreement and framework for this. (Which is probbaly not in place yet)

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,587
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Other than financing, as we've seen in Poland, Korea can also complete the contract in a much shorter timeframe. Doubt we can be competitive in that unless MSB allows Romanian order to take precedence.

Phase I? Looks like it is the full tender for three Regiment.
Romanian source mentions it being a phase 1.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,419
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Other than financing, as we've seen in Poland, Korea can also complete the contract in a much shorter timeframe. Doubt we can be competitive in that unless MSB allows Romanian order to take precedence.

Yes, Hanwa's industrial capacity is unmatched. They supplied the first 24 hwotizers withing 3 month of signing contract or something like that.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,587
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yes, Hanwa's industrial capacity is unmatched. They supplied the first 24 hwotizers withing 3 month of signing contract or something like that.
Yup. Unless I'm mixing it with K2, first batch of K9s delivered were also from Korean Army orders. They can be flexible like this because unlike us they don't have embargos and no delays. Even without all that, doubt we will ever match that speed of delivery.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,419
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Yup. Unless I'm mixing it with K2, first batch of K9s delivered were also from Korean Army orders. They can be flexible like this because unlike us they don't have embargos and no delays. Even without all that, doubt we will ever match that speed of delivery.

Found it, first batch of K9 were brand new. They Singed the contract in August and were delivered in December.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,587
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Found it, first batch of K9 were brand new. They Singed the contract in August and were delivered in December.

To match the delivery time, the first 48 howitzers–12 upgraded vehicles and 36 to be refurbished to K9PL(A1)s–will be transferred from the Republic of Korea Army inventory.
Under the contract, Hanwha is responsible for delivery of all 212 vehicles by 30 September 2026.
Very impressive speed.
TSK and MSB did forego its delivery time in the past for some customers. I think Boran and Omtas for Kosovo was one. New 155mm howitzers tho, we need them.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,419
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I read the tweet as the 54 howitzers being phase I.

You are right, they want to buy 5 Regiments in Total. There will likely to be a phase two.

cr33pt3d

Reactions
6 162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Had the T-155 engine problem overcame?
If it was, we would have more Firtina II delivered by now . so it's safe to say not yet . i guess 2026 is gonna be the most important year for land forces. engines should be available at that time.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,060
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If it was, we would have more Firtina II delivered by now . so it's safe to say not yet . i guess 2026 is gonna be the most important year for land forces. engines should be available at that time.
İf so ,any f-155 is impossible,just like Altay.

We use so much still unfinished project to foreign bid just like Hurjet and firtina.İ think our company knew that can't win but to promote.

cr33pt3d

Reactions
6 162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
İf so ,any f-155 is impossible,just like Altay.

We use so much still unfinished project to foreign bid just like Hurjet and firtina.İ think our company knew that can't win but to promote.
I believe the few Firtina II delivered to army used spare engines, don't know how much spare engines we have but let's assume we have some 30 engines (i speculate here), don't expect more Firtina II deliveries till late 2026. i believe there was 8-or 10 delivered. so i expect 6 per year till 2026. but if what we read here and there is true, BMC seems likely to pull this off. i'm praying for that :)

Chocopie

Contributor
South Korea Correspondent
Reactions
33 1,924
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
South Korea
Very impressive speed.
TSK and MSB did forego its delivery time in the past for some customers. I think Boran and Omtas for Kosovo was one. New 155mm howitzers tho, we need them.
That‘s correct. 12 factory new K9 and 36 refurbished vehicles from ROK army inventory. Annual production capacity in Korea estimated ~200 K9.

Is Firtina I or II in the tender? If it is first T-155 model than the assembly kits have to be obtained from Hanwha (350 total in license contract, 280 produced in Türkiye, next 70 to be built with assembly kits from Korea). German embargo: STX isn’t allowed to deliver licensed MTU engines to Türkiye.

Afaik Firtina II is almost free of license agreement with Korean companies.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom