Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,859
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ukrainian ambassador Vasyl Bodnar says Kyiv plans to purchase fifth-generation Turkish fighter jet Kaan when it is developed.

Why does this sound like a bribe to be taking into account the fact that Ukrainian firms want to take part in the engine development.

„psst let us partake in your engine program and we pinky promise we will buy a couple Kaans from you when the time comes“

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,190
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why does this sound like a bribe to be taking into account the fact that Ukrainian firms want to take part in the engine development.

„psst let us partake in your engine program and we pinky promise we will buy a couple Kaans from you when the time comes“
I mean I'm sure they would want 5th gen fighters after war has settled down in 10 years providing they have an economy, with help from west. They probably wouldn't be able to get F35, but if they were industrial partners with KAAN they could maybe get some.

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,859
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
For that Ukraine have to prove they can be trusted with the full security of KAAN. Right now there is a massive systematic corruption where many of the western weapon systems & parts ended up on black markets. (Despite, Ukrainian armed force being in desperate need of them)
Gonna say the same thing I said about Pakistan due to its closeness to China. Ukraine is fully under control of the west. How much trust is there that they won't leak things about the aircraft to those powers? There are a couple countries who would gladly get their hands on classified information about Kaan.

Corruption aside.

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,859
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I mean I'm sure they would want 5th gen fighters after war has settled down in 10 years providing they have an economy, with help from west. They probably wouldn't be able to get F35, but if they were industrial partners with KAAN they could maybe get some.

Don't know in 10 years how cutting edge will be the F-35 be? Under how much influence will Ukraine be? How will the war have gone? We don't know what the world will look like in 10 years.

I don't take the words of the ambassador very serious. Could just be pampering for more support. Like I said.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,837
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ukrainian ambassador Vasyl Bodnar says Kyiv plans to purchase fifth-generation Turkish fighter jet Kaan when it is developed.

Against Russia. As far as Ukraine will exist as a sovereign state. Which is not likely that Ukraine will last that long. At least 5 years, before Ukraine will ever get Kaan fighter. Not to mention that US will intervene any purchase of Turkish fighter jet. With Western Money.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,054
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Not sure if Ukraine will have the budget for a 5th Generation Aircraft for a while or even before the war.

Scott Summers

Committed member
Reactions
2 462
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Against Russia. As far as Ukraine will exist as a sovereign state. Which is not likely that Ukraine will last that long. At least 5 years, before Ukraine will ever get Kaan fighter. Not to mention that US will intervene any purchase of Turkish fighter jet. With Western Money.

Zelensky will ask KAAN for free and if Turkey rejects, he will give interviews for 399 newschannels around the globe to complain about Turkey.

It's very naive to think that Ukraine can pay for anything. Maybe if the EU or US will give them a loan with high interest rates (IMF), but not to purchase Turkish jets.

IC3M@N FX

Reactions
4 232
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
What are we actually talking about? I doubt that KAAN can simply be exported to all countries that want it...
If at all only to Qatar, or Azerbaijan the closest allies.
The rest will only get drones of different classes if at all, maybe in 15 years we will bring out an export version then we can talk.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,384
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
If so, then I guess this is a bad news for BD.🤣

Chief of air staff stated we will procure 5th gen fighter in the future.
Thus, alternatively, We need to develop much closer alignment to USA or PRC to get the F-35 or J-35 in the next decade. Or maybe, buy Eurofighter for MRCA and then built on that to buy Tempset in 2040. (As Tempset will be put on for export)

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,509
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
"The company that established the 155 mm artillery ammunition production line in the USA and the companies that will establish the light ammunition factory I wrote about do not want their names to be made public yet. Let me add one more thing: Soon you will hear news about a Turkish company producing kamikaze drones in France, a Turkish company producing IKA(UGVs) in the Czech Republic, and the Turkish acquisition of one of the largest ammunition factories in Eastern Europe."

Last edited:

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,741
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
"The company that established the 155 mm artillery ammunition production line in the USA and the companies that will establish the light ammunition factory I wrote about do not want their names to be made public yet. Let me add one more thing: Soon you will hear news about a Turkish company producing kamikaze drones in France, a Turkish company producing IKA(UGVs) in the Czech Republic, and the Turkish acquisition of one of the largest ammunition factories in Eastern Europe."

It seems like we are setting ourselves up around the world

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,718
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
KAAN is still a work in progress that hasn't even flown yet. After that, it still has to go through thousands of tests, integration of electronics, sensors, radars, avionics. There will be 14 prototypes built to carry out these tests. After this there will be a process of indigenous engine integration that will enable it to be sellable to third parties without recourse.
Then when all is fine and the plane is ready, will we be able to buy it in to our airforce that needs it more than any other prospective buyer.
After we are satisfied with the numbers of planes in our inventory can we think about exporting it.

Any conception that it will be ready for export soon is premature and baseless at this stage.

Last edited:

IC3M@N FX

Reactions
4 232
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
And what makes you think that?
Turkey maintains close cultural and political relations with three countries. For example, with Qatar, which is not as close as with Azerbaijan, but it is significantly better than relations with other Arab states.
We even have a large military base in Qatar.
We don't need to say much about Azerbaijan, we even command the Azerbaijani armed forces in an advisory capacity through our generals and supply weapons and fight together it's basically one country one people one culture.
We have similar relations with Pakistan in terms of culture, politics and mutual fraternal trust, but since the Chinese are involved in arms production for the Pakistanis.
The fear is much greater that highly sensitive data is being leaked, even if this is not intentional on the part of our Pakistani friends, we can assume that spying is taking place.
The statements I have made are of course absolute speculation.

Scott Summers

Committed member
Reactions
2 462
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkey maintains close cultural and political relations with three countries. For example, with Qatar, which is not as close as with Azerbaijan, but it is significantly better than relations with other Arab states.
We even have a large military base in Qatar.
We don't need to say much about Azerbaijan, we even command the Azerbaijani armed forces in an advisory capacity through our generals and supply weapons and fight together it's basically one country one people one culture.
We have similar relations with Pakistan in terms of culture, politics and mutual fraternal trust, but since the Chinese are involved in arms production for the Pakistanis.
The fear is much greater that highly sensitive data is being leaked, even if this is not intentional on the part of our Pakistani friends, we can assume that spying is taking place.
The statements I have made are of course absolute speculation.

If Pakistan was such a good friend, they would give us the tech to develop nukes, a long time ago.

Can you imagine a Turkish Republic today, that hold nukes between 1000-2000 ?

The East Med problem, the Aegean problem, the Syrian problem, the Armenian problem, everything was accomplished and settled in peace.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,384
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
If Pakistan was such a good friend, they would give us the tech to develop nukes, a long time ago.

Can you imagine a Turkish Republic today, that hold nukes between 1000-2000 ?

The East Med problem, the Aegean problem, the Syrian problem, the Armenian problem, everything was accomplished and settled in peace.

Chances are, none of it would have happened actually. That is not what Nuke does, otherwise Pakistan itself would have solved its refugee problems & territorial dispute.

What if Türkiye had Nuke today? Nobody in their right mind will think about using Nukes over a fight on Agean or Eastern Med. With or without Nukes, Türkiye is going to win any conventional fight in those scenarios. But the political and economic cost of such war is what Türkiye cannot bear. With Russia like sanction from Europe & USA, loosing the biggest trading partners and wihtout having energy independence, Turkish economy will be crippled.

Bluetooth

Reactions
4 72
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Although what I'm about to ask may seems a bit odd😅 but i will ask it anyway t.

Can any gentleman with insider knowledge on Türkiye defense export can give information on present and future defence purchases made by BD from Türkiye? is there any talks from our side to buy the KAAN? I have heard on multiple social media platform that Mr.Erdogan had offered bd, malaysia indonesia for joint development. But we didn't have any money back then🥲

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom