Pakistan defence.pk being closed off

Bengal71

Reactions
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
That forum is being closed off, it's probably because of the Pakistan army. All members from there join here please, we can discuss here in a free forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Maximilian Veers

lol....Defence.pk and PTI's internet army used to be one of the main source of propaganda & PR for the Pakistan Army for a long long time.

Now PTI is in the dust and the forum is getting closed because their own extended, unofficial PR machinery has turned on them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saiyan0321

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
100 1,891
Nation of residence
Pakistan
Nation of origin
Pakistan
The issue will always be how you speak. What words you use. In my family there is a saying. If you give somebody kheer, (Sweetened Rice Pudding) and tell him "Daap le" meaning "shut up and drink" and he will throw that sweet at your face but if you give him poison and tell him "Piyar se pe lo" "Drink with love", he will drink it. It will always come back to how you speak. If you speak in a civil manner, no matter what criticism you make, it wont incur the mess that PDF has brought upon itself.
There was a time when some of the best minds would get together in a thread and give their views in a civil manner and some of those positions would be completely divergent but always informative, telling both sides of the story but in the last few years, PDF started a descent towards absolute intolerance and anarchy. Campaigns were initiated against individuals and then against nationalities, removing some of the best posters out there. I remember that they declared an objective that PDF was to become some beacon of Pakistan imagery and narrative and i knew then that it wont end well because when you start becoming a narrative, you cannot allow any opinion on the contrary to exist eventually what happened was what i feared and warned. When they beat down every single nationality, they turned on each other to suit narrative. Thats the problem with creating a narrative. It has to be defined and every voice on the contrary must be beaten down and voices in support of the narrative must be supported. Posters started abusing each other, took pride in creation of derogatory terminology and then attacking each other's religious beliefs as well. When Imran came to power any criticism against him was put down and members were abused away and it slowly became a cancer that spread everywhere. Posters who had nothing to do with Ukraine or Russia were fighting as if they are fighting on the frontlines. Tolerance completely fell away and in the end, all that was left was a husk.

When you are civil and criticize in a civil manner, a person making a complaint against you will struggle to gather incriminating material against you and even the person prosecuting you will think twice but when you are an abuse fest where individuals are abused and officials of state and their family information is posted with tags that they should be harassed and attacked and individuals are egged on to do the same then obviously incriminating you is going to be easy and defending you will not be possible. When you are civil and when you criticize in a civil manner then you are creating a shield that your opponent will find it impossible to penetrate. Perhaps nothing is more testament to the fact of how the members of PDF have fallen that right now other defense forums are literally creating a spear wall against any PDF influx and are declaring a no tolerance to trolling policy. Nobody is treating it as a boon and that is where introspection is truly needed.

It is a sad day. That place used to be amazing and had some highly educated posters. 2017 was the time when it all started to fall apart. I did try to increase the activity and wrote articles and posted informative posts but in the end it was all crashing down.

So moral of the story is simple. Be civil. I have personally seen it in life. If you speak in a civil manner, you can get away with alot. Abuse, and nobody listens to you.

MS Sandhu

Reactions
Nation of residence
Pakistan
Nation of origin
Pakistan
P D F will be again there
If not old then surely new one
They can kill P D F but not its legacy.

Zapper

Experienced member
India Correspondent
Reactions
10 826
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
India
The issue will always be how you speak. What words you use. In my family there is a saying. If you give somebody kheer, (Sweetened Rice Pudding) and tell him "Daap le" meaning "shut up and drink" and he will throw that sweet at your face but if you give him poison and tell him "Piyar se pe lo" "Drink with love", he will drink it. It will always come back to how you speak. If you speak in a civil manner, no matter what criticism you make, it wont incur the mess that PDF has brought upon itself.
There was a time when some of the best minds would get together in a thread and give their views in a civil manner and some of those positions would be completely divergent but always informative, telling both sides of the story but in the last few years, PDF started a descent towards absolute intolerance and anarchy. Campaigns were initiated against individuals and then against nationalities, removing some of the best posters out there. I remember that they declared an objective that PDF was to become some beacon of Pakistan imagery and narrative and i knew then that it wont end well because when you start becoming a narrative, you cannot allow any opinion on the contrary to exist eventually what happened was what i feared and warned. When they beat down every single nationality, they turned on each other to suit narrative. Thats the problem with creating a narrative. It has to be defined and every voice on the contrary must be beaten down and voices in support of the narrative must be supported. Posters started abusing each other, took pride in creation of derogatory terminology and then attacking each other's religious beliefs as well. When Imran came to power any criticism against him was put down and members were abused away and it slowly became a cancer that spread everywhere. Posters who had nothing to do with Ukraine or Russia were fighting as if they are fighting on the frontlines. Tolerance completely fell away and in the end, all that was left was a husk.

When you are civil and criticize in a civil manner, a person making a complaint against you will struggle to gather incriminating material against you and even the person prosecuting you will think twice but when you are an abuse fest where individuals are abused and officials of state and their family information is posted with tags that they should be harassed and attacked and individuals are egged on to do the same then obviously incriminating you is going to be easy and defending you will not be possible. When you are civil and when you criticize in a civil manner then you are creating a shield that your opponent will find it impossible to penetrate. Perhaps nothing is more testament to the fact of how the members of PDF have fallen that right now other defense forums are literally creating a spear wall against any PDF influx and are declaring a no tolerance to trolling policy. Nobody is treating it as a boon and that is where introspection is truly needed.

It is a sad day. That place used to be amazing and had some highly educated posters. 2017 was the time when it all started to fall apart. I did try to increase the activity and wrote articles and posted informative posts but in the end it was all crashing down.

So moral of the story is simple. Be civil. I have personally seen it in life. If you speak in a civil manner, you can get away with alot. Abuse, and nobody listens to you.
Are they considering migrating to defhub or start a new one?

-=virus=-

Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Not, apparently. I was just lurking there and it seems they're in talks with the fauz and trying to cut a deal of some sort. It may hold, but they'll likely have to make srs compromises and enforce a strict 'no talking smack about the Gernail's rule' and so on.

Can't blame em entirely either, that country's been through a lot of political upheaval, protests, people shot, teargassed, handsome languishing in jail.

Frayed ends of sanity type scene :p

Zapper

Experienced member
India Correspondent
Reactions
10 826
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
India
Not, apparently. I was just lurking there and it seems they're in talks with the fauz and trying to cut a deal of some sort. It may hold, but they'll likely have to make srs compromises and enforce a strict 'no talking smack about the Gernail's rule' and so on.

Can't blame em entirely either, that country's been through a lot of political upheaval, protests, people shot, teargassed, handsome languishing in jail.

Frayed ends of sanity type scene :p
You simply cannot filter info fast enough irrespective of the number of mods and there will always be some trigger happy internet warrior who couldn't control emotions and will talk crap about their army

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
You simply cannot filter info fast enough irrespective of the number of mods and there will always be some trigger happy internet warrior who couldn't control emotions and will talk crap about their army
Why not,they only have 30 more active members every day but cant control them,why can we?
Do you see much getting out of hand here?
Btw,they want to copy our ''moderator from every country'' rule.

-=virus=-

Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
I'm a free speech guy. They should be free to criticize their army all they want, and I get why those guys would be unhappy with some of the chatter on PDF lately but its still very commie to crack down on one site the way they did.

Oh well.

Zapper

Experienced member
India Correspondent
Reactions
10 826
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
India
Why not,they only have 30 more active members every day but cant control them,why can we?
Do you see much getting out of hand here?
DefHub is primarily focused on defense related issues while PDF has gone bonkers over political stuff with the recent turmoil in pak.

If pak deep state figures out majority of anti-army pdf members flocked to defhub and are creating the same ruckus, they wouldn't mind banning DH in pak

Last edited:

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm a free speech guy. They should be free to criticize their army all they want, and I get why those guys would be unhappy with some of the chatter on PDF lately but its still very commie to crack down on one site the way they did.

Oh well.
To criticize was not the problem,what they did was beyond criticism.
Insults,belittling etc.

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey

Insults,belittling etc.
Wow. Horrible! How did they go so much low, down into dirt? It’s insane.

-=virus=-

Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Insults,belittling etc.
Sure, not polite behavior, to say the least) spl on a forum focused on their military but it all still comes across being a bit thin skinned.

Politics is a nasty business pretty much everywhere on earth.. like they say "get out of the kitchen if you can't stand the heat.." or something

it'll almost always backfire and explode in their faces.. look at this place for example, refugees pouring in, its almost an insurgency of sorts in the making lol

but I do get your point, that people should be measured and tempered in how they approach and act/type out, spl during these tense political times over in Pk.

-=virus=-

Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Totally different ballgame in pdf. You can see 30 threads opened bashing their govt or mil for every single incident

Also, pdf has a decent clout in pak and was once being actively used by their establishment to push their narrative
I suspect a bit of 5th columning too

some of those guys were former, some current active duty mil guys.. maybe they'd had enough of all the shite being flung on the establishment and pressed the reset button.

Zapper

Experienced member
India Correspondent
Reactions
10 826
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
India
I suspect a bit of 5th columning too

some of those guys were former, some current active duty mil guys.. maybe they'd had enough of all the shite being flung on the establishment and pressed the reset button.
There were posters who had friends, relatives/parents in pak military but hardly any active duty folks

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom