Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,764
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Just want to note here that we already have massively informative threads on several topics that requires quality time to just understand or get an overall idea of the topics. Quite daunting if you’re not well versed in them. But very interesting 😁

Joe Shearer

Contributor
Professional
Advisor
Reactions
21 1,941
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
The better any country or collection of people does the constitutional republic framework (what is not up for debate and vote....and what is then left for debate and vote) and sticks to it, the better off and successful they will be long term. You give quality a proper fighting chance to build upon itself.
Even this, as we can see in progress, is vulnerable. Stating what is not up for debate is a statement, and nothing prevents those who have a majority of public opinion backing them, even if the backing is for other reasons, from debating those taboo things. Nothing can stop a determined and successful demagogue.

Joe Shearer

Contributor
Professional
Advisor
Reactions
21 1,941
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
@Joe Shearer was disturbed and perhaps if he was present, he might have controlled Austerlitz before it happened but thats a what-if scenario.
It happened while I was absent from the forum for a period, engaged in personal matters. I was shocked when I returned and found that he was gone.

Joe Shearer

Contributor
Professional
Advisor
Reactions
21 1,941
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
All that happened in PDF towards the end, and is happening in the replacement, convinces me that I need to look deep within myself, identify those areas of military interest that I personally wish to pursue, and pursue those, and confine myself to helping preserve the orderly behaviour of the forum members in other areas outside military interests.

For the last few weeks, I have been engaged in a private exercise to understand what stands in front of India, and gathering data about India's military situation and the military and social threats faced by her, and this will be my focus henceforth.

Also, having already cut down my participation in other fora, it is time to limit what little remains to occasional greetings to members whom I know on festive occasions. If it is permitted to say, with a twinkle in one's eye, let insaniyat prevail.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,403
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I was banned from PDF. But I felt bad for webby and all the admins. Wtf is happening in Pakistan to the point that Webmaster (who lives in Canada) and the mods that they has to close the board ?

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,390
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Fun fact, I have never been to PDF. So I have no idea what all this beef is actually about.

hellfire2006

Reactions
2 23
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Fun fact, I have never been to PDF. So I have no idea what all this beef is actually about.
From what I know , The owner of the website was threatened by government agencies to shut it down because of anti establishment rehtoric ever since imran khan was ousted with the help of the army.

Marlii

Committed member
Reactions
3 301
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
From what I know , The owner of the website was threatened by government agencies to shut it down because of anti establishment rehtoric ever since imran khan was ousted with the help of the army.
Well they were busy looking at " fascism" and how evil it is but the only problem was they were doing it in the wrong side of the border.Many posters would feel bad about how " Freedom of speech " was being curtailed but fail to see that PDF has long been supportive of their establishment and its underhanded tactics but when the same establishment took down their "cult " figure of Imraan khan they suddenly woke up and chose violence and they were reminded who had the power. IT would be like alex jones being hunted by the conservatives. The irony

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What a stupid forum, is it shaped according to politics? What kind of forum is a forum according to a country's government or opposition? It should be free, independent...

Besides, who wants to be in a forum of an Islamic country with a person who can criticize Ataturk? What's democracy, equality, freedom to them? They deserve a Iran, Suudi Arabia, Taliban-like government.

Last edited by a moderator:

hellfire2006

Reactions
2 23
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Well they were busy looking at " fascism" and how evil it is but the only problem was they were doing it in the wrong side of the border.Many posters would feel bad about how " Freedom of speech " was being curtailed but fail to see that PDF has long been supportive of their establishment and its underhanded tactics but when the same establishment took down their "cult " figure of Imraan khan they suddenly woke up and chose violence and they were reminded who had the power. IT would be like alex jones being hunted by the conservatives. The irony
Agreed , they were too busy pointing out fascism in india whilst ignoring the real facists at home.

Joe Shearer

Contributor
Professional
Advisor
Reactions
21 1,941
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
The individual wasn't threatened, couldn't be threatened directly, due to his living abroad. Apparently close relatives and friends, and moderators who live in Pakistan, and their close relatives and friends had been threatened. The concerned people are staying very quiet, and quite clearly do not want to offer any provocations that will lead to either further threats, or even to threats being carried out.

Best not to dig around too closely. It is entirely an internal matter of Pakistan.

M

Maximilian Veers

I was quite annoyed at Austerlitz losing his cool and i lost respect for him but what culminated was a witch hunt and eventually Austerlitz was removed from TTA and banned.

You forget he is a human in the end, there is only so much abuse a person can take towards his religion/country. One fails to understand when one is not subjected to the same 'treatment'.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,390
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

Fatman17

Committed member
Reactions
9 501
Nation of residence
Pakistan
Nation of origin
Pakistan
lol....Defence.pk and PTI's internet army used to be one of the main source of propaganda & PR for the Pakistan Army for a long long time.

Now PTI is in the dust and the forum is getting closed because their own extended, unofficial PR machinery has turned on them.
There were many reasons not just the PTI supporters

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Take it easy. There is no insult in my comment, it is an observation. :D ;)

I overdo it a bit or exaggerate a bit, but that's because I want to make the point in an impressive way.

Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, the situation is clear. There are also comments from friends that confirm what I said about the stance of that forum.

Saiyan0321

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
100 1,891
Nation of residence
Pakistan
Nation of origin
Pakistan
The individual wasn't threatened, couldn't be threatened directly, due to his living abroad. Apparently close relatives and friends, and moderators who live in Pakistan, and their close relatives and friends had been threatened. The concerned people are staying very quiet, and quite clearly do not want to offer any provocations that will lead to either further threats, or even to threats being carried out.

Best not to dig around too closely. It is entirely an internal matter of Pakistan.

They mentioned investigation. I dont think its intelligence related and as i said i asked them if there is any prosecuting agency then i can help and look into the charges and defend them but no dice so most likely the issue is something else and as mods have been saying that the real issue is both trivial and beyond the stated theories. It could be the investigative agency is not from pakistan but outside and the charges could be different. They should reveal something rather than allow theories in the dark

hellfire2006

Reactions
2 23
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
You forget he is a human in the end, there is only so much abuse a person can take towards his religion/country. One fails to understand when one is not subjected to the same 'treatment'.
Indeed , There have been moments where my tolerance has been tested to it's limit on that forum.

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The main problem I see in the PDF is this: Thinking that freedom of expression is absolute. However, it is not absolute. If a non-Muslim person dies and someone writes about him saying "May God have mercy on him" and a fascist bigot comes out and says "No such thing can be said about non-Muslims", that is, if he dares to write this nonsense, there is a very serious moderation problem.

IMO, Pakistan's main problem is the problem of defining the "Pakistan Nation Identity". They wanted to define Pakistani identity through religion (A.K.A Islam). But once this path is taken, it leads to fascism. It has always been like this throughout history. Because logic and conscience disappear from circulation in such a sociological environment.

PDF is an ordinary victim of this sociological environment, like all other Pakistanis.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom