Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,704
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Everything is flying high here in Izmir. Almost noone is willing to sell a standart house below 6 figure. Unbelievable. Even if i had 100 million TL i wouldnt give 1-1,5 million for a house. I d build it myself

I was wondering about some, you may be able to answer it.

Wouldn't it be better for Izmir to limit how high buildings are and instead build houses in 1-2 floor and just expand outwards ?

Is Izmir confined with regard to land to expand to or could it grow further East, Northwards, Southwards ?

Also, even my brother says that if you want to buy a house, then you need to supervise the entire construction because cheating in material seems to be an integrated part of the process. Very sad.

Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
suburbanism could fix a lot of problems. I also dont like how the absolute majority of folks live in apartments and not in houses.

Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
They dont have options. Money matters, work matters, family matters etc. Land owners want high buildings cus they want to earn more money, officials keep changing regulations, rules.. It is unbelievable that contractors can always find a way to get residential permits for illegal buildings.

I am always a fan of being low to earth phisically. Especially after this latest experiance of earthquake.

Yes, corruption is among the primary reasons why these gecekondu mid rises exist. They should continue to build tall buildings in Izmir´s downtown area but these mid-rises semi gecekondu buildings right next to the area should be destroyed and replaced by low rises, houses and proper mid rises. This shit cant go on indefinitely and for that the gov should support the working families and they have to destroy these illegal buildings, it might be 70% or so of the city but the next quake is going to come whether one likes it or not and safety first.

Reviewbrah

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Urban transformation is used by rent seekers who wants to develop their own real estate projects such as gated apartment complexes. Gated apartment complexes are terrible for the city and society. Istanbul and other cities does not need high rise buildings for housing.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,042
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Oh they will build and rebuild, after all its the Erdogan close companies getting the most out of it. But whether the new buildings will be safer, that's another topic.
Everything will be safer then these inhumane gecekondus.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom