Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,825
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
In the video the reporter says it is a very good price, that reporter has been in business for decades. The service is of a quality people will pay much more for. And don't shoot the messenger. Cheers.
1 GB would cost around 40 euro in Denmark atm. But that is because our own telecommunication companies never gives Denmark the best solution. They always maximize their earnings before anything. So if they can cash in 30 euro for 50 mbps then that's what they'll do.

Of course there are exceptions.

Though monthly income has a big impact on what you find expensive.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,825
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Excellent price for vacation and purchase for Europeans :)
No the prices are hiked accordingly, only groceries and such will be cheaper for foreigners. Sooner pricetags will disappear and when selling things negotiating on price over equivalent value in USD or Euro will begin.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,933
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
No the prices are hiked accordingly, only groceries and such will be cheaper for foreigners. Sooner pricetags will disappear and when selling things negotiating on price over equivalent value in USD or Euro will begin.

My wife wants to sell her house in Fort Lauderdale and buy a house in istanbul strait :) I've been trying to persuade her for a few days. :D

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,825
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I actually thought, time to ignore the economy and focus on Military achievements.

Azerbaycan needs to succeed with liberating Karabag. At least the ammo will be cheaper... :)

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Fake Inflation rate, Low interest on valueless money, lot of political risk, never shutting up mouth, Covid-19, jumping war to war, calling on sactions, ignoring diplomacy, incompetent decision makers, emptied central bank, corruption = a money nobody wants to use

Or

"They are attacking our economy" "Whole world is against us" :)

S

Sinan

I dont know how it is in Turkey, but the companies lay the cables to the street or a close-by distribution hub and usually house owners pay for the last meters to the building. At least thats how I know it in Germany.

That being said Socar laid hundreds of kilometers of fibre with the TANAP, so the infrastructure is there to reach more people with fibre. I know its small steps but still http://www.socarfiber.com/fiberag-en.html

We should encourage and support road constructions or rail work to lay fibre while they are at it, so costs can be lowered and more people can benefit from it. But at the same time, I do no know if its worth it considering that 5G is around the corner and could make it obsolete.
You should know that our internet infracture is bad that now 4G use slower than 3G (we tried this noon). Because now, everybodies phones operate at 4G, it dropped to 8Mpbs, we changed our phone to 3G, and saw 12Mpbs.

Like everything else in Turkey there is gross mismanagement of Telecommunication.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,866
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
In the video the reporter says it is a very good price, that reporter has been in business for decades. The service is of a quality people will pay much more for. And don't shoot the messenger. Cheers.
I pay 19.90€ for High Speed internet. In Germany!

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The internet infrastructure is shit in Turkey.
Except for Turksat Cable-internet users through her own fiberoptical distrubition. PS: Not shared with other vendors unlike Turk Telecom’s network

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,534
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Except for Turksat Cable-internet users through her own fiberoptical distrubition. PS: Not shared with other vendors unlike Turk Telecom’s
Yeah, I know I had it. But it's not yet that widespread.

T

Turko

Strange, my house is in middle of istanbul, in a decent neighbourhood, the highest speed they provie is 60 Mpbs and there is no fiber -even with fiber they don't provide high speeds at affordable prices-, the stability of connection is bad and i can't establish proper remote connection, the ping delay is high despite of remote computer connection is P2P and it is within 10 km.
The fiber connection they claim is available until the central box of neighborhood and distributed via copper cables. And my house is far to that box, which is not placed frequently as supposed to be,and speeds naturally get slow.
I don't even mention how bad the connection quality ,speed, and ping values when i connect at computer located abroad. I didn't experience this when i was connected over greater distances ,ie. from Japan to Spain/Germany. The ping between Turkey -EU is worse than Japan -EU. I was using cloud storage in such cases and even GBs of files was transferred in less than a second between computers over cloud services, in case of Turkey it took up to half hour.

The backbone of connection wasn't strengthened as supposed to be.

In rare conditions at some rich places and sites they offer fiber connection up to entrance of a block or building, or a site. So you can get a real fiber connection. Again, i have tried at another residence and the connection was bad at internation connections.

So, don't talk if you don't know, don't live or don't experience it.

For speedtests they do tricks, like suggesting nearby server for test, or temporarily pumping up speed-prioritize the testing line, at offered rates to provide desirable results in speeds and pings.

Our internet is really amazing,
Mobile ranking : 54th
Broadband ranking : 101st

Turk telekom really performs well in Turkey , lol. Consistency score, %18 , speed score 13 Mpbs.

I've just bought new router for 1 gigabit:) tomorrow i will increase my internet speed upto 1 gigabit then wait me showin my new results.
IMG_20201104_002829.jpg

Screenshot_2020-11-04-00-30-00-690_com.android.chrome.jpg

For current unlimited 100mbps package, i just pay 6 usd per month:p

One gigabit per second will cost just 11 usd per month.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,825
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
8,63 € for up to 100mb in Turkey
Up to means you can expect a max of 100 mbps, but that's not a guarenteed speed you have at all times. right ?

That's how it is in Denmark. Many companies have changed it to "up to" because they don't want to pay for unnecessary bandwidth and such. Thus we experience that our internet may be slower during peek hours, while during nights you can achieve higher speed because rest of the country is sleeping :)

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom