Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,169
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I've noticed that you stay silent on somethings, but appear to defend AKP on others :)

May I ask, what do you think of this:

Danistay rules the sale of Aluminum factory in Seydisehir illegal. But AKP still finds a way to let their "friend" CE-KA Insaat keep the factory.

You never answered back on the Kütahya airport either.

Dude, I am not a journalist, I am not getting paid for answering such questions. I am not a politician either. I am an ordinary citizen minding his work. I only answered on this matter because it is brought up often and it is a social matter as well. Such and such aluminum factory or a small airport somewhere are trivial matters. Do you know that such matters of economy are not really a blessing to their owners and sometimes they are disaster to whoever touches it?

Last edited:

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,744
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

I kinda like the import/export numbers that's what it should always be. So we can reduce our debt to 0.

If the missing papers/documents are true, then turkish business ppl should make sure everything is in order. So that part can't be used as an excuse.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,169
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

I kinda like the import/export numbers that's what it should always be. So we can reduce our debt to 0.

If the missing papers/documents are true, then turkish business ppl should make sure everything is in order. So that part can't be used as an excuse.
There is no mention of Turkish exporters not presenting regular document but Moroccan customs asking for additional documents to make Turkish goods arrive with delays.

Y

Yoyo

Absolutely CRITICAL investment! Congratulations to our country and kudos to all those who are making this happen. Hayirli olsun.

lithium-share.jpg

Y

Yoyo

I don’t think we have proper investments in place for electric cars. But it’s a start.
If I'm not mistaken, TOGG factory will begin production next year with multiple fully electric models under development. Cheap(er) lithium will also make Turkey an ideal production center for foreign car manufacturers as well. (For example TESLA comes to mind.)

Lithium is also used for batteries on hundreds if not thousands of other products, from cellphones to laptop computers to drone batteries and medical implants. Heck, it's even used for pharmaceutical purposes, for example, some psyche medications use lithium salts as mood stabilizers. It is an extremely important element and keeps getting more ubiquitous and this new development will open up a whole new set of capabilities for Turkey going forward.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,169
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Corporate tax cut is in the works. Turkey has applied a corprate tax of 20% for many years which had been increased to 22% for the three years comprising 2018, 2019, 2020. The three year period ends at the end of 2020. If no further change is introduced the tax rate will continue as 20%. However there are rumors of a tax break brewing. If the rumors are correct there will be a tax break for companies that post a turnover of more than ₺10mn. The rates will be between 15-18% graduated by the turnover.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,744
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Corporate tax cut is in the works. Turkey has applied a corprate tax of 20% for many years which had been increased to 22% for the three years comprising 2018, 2019, 2020. The three year period ends at the end of 2020. If no further change is introduced the tax rate will continue as 20%. However there are rumors of a tax break brewing. It the rumors are correct there will be a tax break for companies that post a turnover of more than ₺10mn. The rates will be between 15-18% graduated by the turnover.
That is an excellent tool to use. Give bigger companies incentives and such. I would prefer that our country was so awesome on all aspects that we didn't have to give taxcuts.

But if it's necessary to get more production going or such, by all means give taxcuts, but don't exaggerate.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,169
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
That is an excellent tool to use. Give bigger companies incentives and such. I would prefer that our country was so awesome on all aspects that we didn't have to give taxcuts.

But if it's necessary to get more production going or such, by all means give taxcuts, but don't exaggerate.
This a precaution to be taken in the aftermath of the Covid-19 pandemic. You need to boost the strength of the corporate sector for them to survive and compete. Normally a 20% rate is fair and acceptable. However even before the pandemic even a country like the US was considering major tax cuts to attract investment especially from US companies that had chosen to move overseas.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,023
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Absolutely CRITICAL investment! Congratulations to our country and kudos to all those who are making this happen. Hayirli olsun.

View attachment 4096

The future is going to suck despite me being happy for Turkey by embracing the electric power of cars.

What makes me sad is that conventional combustion engines are going to die off :(

So no V12, V10s, V8s and V6s anymore :(

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,744
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well thank you, Nein, for depressing the shit out of me as well. 😢

As someone who loves working on cars and the sweet smell of gasoline, I hope combustion engines won't ever die off. In the future they might be very heavily taxed though -- so at least in Turkey nothing will change. :p
Still a way to go due to battery. Combustion won’t disappear anytime.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,055
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Arabic countries left and right are raising tariffs and other things to make Turkish companies suffer. At the same time government is going head to head with our biggest market the EU. Words cant express how incompetent our foreign policy is.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,169
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Arabic countries left and right are raising tariffs and other things to make Turkish companies suffer. At the same time government is going head to head with our biggest market the EU. Words cant express how incompetent our foreign policy is.
It only has to do with having balls. Get castrated like how Turkey was before and become the puppy every opponent will adore.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,055
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
It only has to do with having balls. Get castrated like how Turkey was before and become the puppy every opponent will adore.

Disagree, its not always black and white or us against the enemies. There is middleground and cooperation. Not that I'm fond of Saudi Arabia or anything, but how did we end up in a situation where the only foreign policy successes are by force? I know this is a defence forum but you're not going to save the economy by having bad relations with everyone except Azerbaijan and Pakistan.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,169
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Disagree, its not always black and white or us against the enemies. There is middleground and cooperation. Not that I'm fond of Saudi Arabia or anything, but how did we end up in a situation where the only foreign policy successes are by force? I know this is a defence forum but you're not going to save the economy by having bad relations with everyone except Azerbaijan and Pakistan.
It is a matter of fate; most of our actions are reactions to somebody else's actions. Defending you rights sometimes requires showing teeth. And the counterpart is supported by some other opponent that has a long reach and makes them stand against you. If it wasn't for Israel we wouldn't have those Arabs standing against us. Israel holds Arabs by their balls by holding their money deposited in American banks as ransom accusing them of being behind 911. Situation will continue like this until Turkey fully becomes the party anyone has to recon with and stand down.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom