Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,205
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Muis is not f16
That's very right but MIUS pretty much is, or really more than an F16.

It flies near the speed of sound (versions of it will be supersonic) carries every weapon you want and does not bear the liability that is a pilot. You can have many of them without having to train its pilots at costs of millions of dollars and in many years. When it crashes you do not have to rescue its pilot who is already at home having finished his/her shift at work. It is very easy to maintain as it does not need large hangars and can be handled with few ground crew. It can operate from a helicopter ship and many of them can be accommodated on that relatively small ship.

On land it can operate from very short landing strips which can be prepared in a matter of hours anywhere you want. You can set up a landing place anywhere you want in a days notice. Say you want MIUS capability in parts of Libya, just name the place and you will have it the next day.

How can an F16 match a plane like this?

M

Manomed

That's very right but MIUS pretty much is, or really more than an F16.

It flies near the speed of sound (versions of it will be supersonic) carries every weapon you want and does not bear the liability that is a pilot. You can have many of them without having to train its pilots at costs of millions of dollars and in many years. When it crashes you do not have to rescue its pilot who is already at home having finished his/her shift at work. It is very easy to maintain as it does not need large hangars and can be handled with few ground crew. It can operate from a helicopter ship and many of them can be accommodated on that relatively small ship.

On land it can operate from very short landing strips which can be prepared in a matter of hours anywhere you want. You can set up a landing place anywhere you want in a days notice. Say you want MIUS capability in parts of Libya, just name the place and you will have it the next day.

How can an F16 match a plane like this?
F16 has better counter measures

neosinan

Committed member
Reactions
7 985
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
F16 has better counter measures
For A long time Many of us (including me) said Anka has better counter measures against EW and It is overall better equipment than TB2. Well, I am big enough to admit my mistake, I was Wrong. Right now, TB2 is overall better equipment Because It is cost effective product that can basically do everything Anka can do at a lower cost.

I can see Why Mius might not be a success story like TB2. It will have to deal with truly cutting edge tech, Compare to older Soviet tech TB2 has to deal with.

But I also can imagine why it might succeed. Mius will have AESA radar that is designed for Turkish F16s and This radar will be equivalent to An/Apg83 radar. Even If Mius is barely Low Observable, I can imagine, Mius getting/sneacking into "No-escape zone" to hunt Rafale and launching 2 Göktuğ BVRAAM missile and getting 2 kill. Even if This means suicide mission. I would call this very successful mission. 200m$+ vs 20m$

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,709
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
For A long time Many of us (including me) said Anka has better counter measures against EW and It is overall better equipment than TB2. Well, I am big enough to admit my mistake, I was Wrong. Right now, TB2 is overall better equipment Because It is cost effective product that can basically do everything Anka can do at a lower cost.

I can see Why Mius might not be a success story like TB2. It will have to deal with truly cutting edge tech, Compare to older Soviet tech TB2 has to deal with.

But I also can imagine why it might succeed. Mius will have AESA radar that is designed for Turkish F16s and This radar will be equivalent to An/Apg83 radar. Even If Mius is barely Low Observable, I can imagine, Mius getting/sneacking into "No-escape zone" to hunt Rafale and launching 2 Göktuğ BVRAAM missile and getting 2 kill. Even if This means suicide mission. I would call this very successful mission. 200m$+ vs 20m$
You are not wrong. Anka was and probably is still better in electronically disputed environments. TB2 vastly improved over the years. It is not the same UAV it used to be when it first came out. TB2 has a lower RCS thought.

Pilatino

Reactions
3 663
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Where's MIUS's weapons, inside of it? And what will be the munitions? Som and Göktuğ family?

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,709
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Where's MIUS's weapons, inside of it? And what will be the munitions? Som and Göktuğ family?
Yes MIUS will carry weapons in internal weapons bays. External weapon hardpoints are optional and will be used when stealth is not needed.

Pilatino

Reactions
3 663
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yes MIUS will carry weapons in internal weapons bays. External weapon hardpoints are optional and will be used when stealth is not needed.
Okay but which ones? Som, Göktuğ, kuzgun? I'm talking about internal ones. İf it can carry a som or Gökhan in it flying supersonic oh man very op

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,709
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Okay but which ones? Som, Göktuğ, kuzgun? I'm talking about internal ones. İf it can carry a som or Gökhan in it flying supersonic oh man very op
Göktuğ missiles and SOM-J are nearly certain. Otherwise, it won't be logical to go stealth. We have to wait and see the full weapon package for internal bays.

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,876
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Can't really answer that sort of question without seeing the first prototype. We don't know what kind of changes have been made to the frame of the plane.

M

Manomed

What is so hard to understand; we use MIUS for many tasks and save on the service life of our F16 fleet.
Also Hürjet depends on the GE engine which may not arrive.
The engines for MIUS is smaller and much easier to make than the engines for large fighters.
For zafer only baykar should make money according to him we don't need altay because tanksa re obsolete (He said this btw) This guy is so funny now he talks against Hürjet lolll

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
116 14,843
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
New Aselsan AESA radar will be integrated to one of our F16s by the end of the year.

1646576388878.jpeg

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
116 14,843
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Arrest systems arent used only with f35
Apart from this .. tumosan is really a step from entering different league .. when it start mass production of its engines and transmission
Just look at the picture at @Saithan ’s post. There is a f35 and the caption is about Tumosan arrester. It is probably a US produced arrester engine in the picture.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
So... Are we getting those Eurofighters now 😂

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,709
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ridiculously high. Countries that can buy AH-64, will buy AH-64 at that price point. Countries that cant get congress approval might buy Atak-2. We should keep the cost under 50million $.

Last edited:

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
So fellas... When will we see Hurjet? Any thoughts? An update would be nice!

neosinan

Committed member
Reactions
7 985
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
So Anıl Şahin just posted a pic of himself, there are two TAI drones in the background. He may have visited TAI recently. It's better to keep a close eye on his twitter.
That Flir looks like Cats on Aksungur definitely not Mx15d.

1649625052151.png
1649625066137.png

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom