Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,116
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

BAE systems wants cooperation in prototyping and serial production phase, and I see hints of further Tempest cooperation in the article

I heard the British are willing to cooperate as long as Turkiye does not create any kind of problems.

I heard the Eurofighter was plagued with such due to French and German demands.

French wanted a naval version while the Germans just did not know what they wanted.

British tried to please both sides which led to France going with the Rafale.

I think the Turks are willing to accept cooperation as long as it favours them I dont think the Turks will have stupid demands like the French and Germans.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,562
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Screenshot_2022-11-10-14-04-15-874_com.twitter.android.jpg
🤔 seems like Özgur HMD huh?

moz68k

Reactions
18 596
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Here are ÖZGÜR's cockpit avionics in action:

As much as I like to stay positive and supportive of the Turkish defence industry, I think those instruments are unacceptably slow for a highly agile jet fighter. I hope these issues get resolved.

For reference, here are the same instruments on the F-16V:

Altay2071

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Here are ÖZGÜR's cockpit avionics in action:

As much as I like to stay positive and supportive of the Turkish defence industry, I think those instruments are unacceptably slow for a highly agile jet fighter. I hope these issues get resolved.

For reference, here are the same instruments on the F-16V:
How do you know they are slow? What are exactly the issues?

Altay2071

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
They are good enough. I had a mc air with brilliant screen. Now I have an hp. I do the same job. Not sure whether the screen quality that important. Also those things can be improved, though it must be clear to everyone we wont be the best hardware and graphics producer in the world.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Havelsan is good at simulator work, period.
Don't they even have a company in the US.
They must be using the latest commercial hardware.

moz68k

Reactions
18 596
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
They are good enough. I had a mc air with brilliant screen. Now I have an hp. I do the same job. Not sure whether the screen quality that important. Also those things can be improved, though it must be clear to everyone we wont be the best hardware and graphics producer in the world.
The screens are fine. The number of frames per second (FPS) on those screens, however, is critical when you're in pursuit of your target and trying to get a suitable firing solution. Every frame counts.

While a certain degree of "lag" may be tolerable for the MFDs, the HUD and HMD must be buttery smooth, in my opinion. I'd be annoyed if I saw those displays on my car, and—believe me—I'm no fighter pilot. Let's hope it was the setup or the underlying simulation that was running slow in the demonstrator cockpit shown in the video.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
The screens are fine. The number of frames per second (FPS) on those screens, however, is critical when you're in pursuit of your target and trying to get a suitable firing solution. Every frame counts.

While a certain degree of "lag" may be tolerable for the MFDs, the HUD and HMD must be buttery smooth, in my opinion. I'd be annoyed if I saw those displays on my car, and—believe me—I'm no fighter pilot. Let's hope it was the setup or the underlying simulation that was running slow in the demonstrator cockpit shown in the video.
The HUD is likely unchanged. So it should encounter no FPS issues.

moz68k

Reactions
18 596
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is what you see is depend on your video recırder fps,25,50 or 100
EDIT: The videos are actually 25 FPS (the standard in Europe, thanks zio for pointing this out)

Standard FPS for video journalism is 30. That's the case for the video I shared. In it you can see Ismail Demir's hands moving quite smoothly in contrast to the instruments.

Here's a better F-16V demo from Janes (also recorded at 30FPS):

It's noticeably smoother than ÖZGÜR's central MFD displaying identical instruments (attitude and heading).

Last edited:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I had seen some Aselsan avionics screens at this past SAHA Expo. I inspected close up to see quality, there was absolutely no quality issues. I did this because the ones I had seen 7-8 years ago were lacking. Both refresh rate and resolution. I left the place reassured and happy.

Last edited:

zio

Reactions
4 456
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Standard FPS for video journalism is 30. That's the case for the video I shared. In it you can see Ismail Demir's hands moving quite smoothly in contrast to the instruments.

Here's a better F-16V demo from Janes (also recorded at 30FPS):

It's noticeably smoother than ÖZGÜR's central MFD displaying identical instruments (attitude and heading).
american standad 30-60-120 fbs
european standard 25-50-100 fp
Oour country is european standard
ıf you you use american standard on your camera in a european country there will be flicker,becuse light source use different hertz also

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,671
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
the screens are fine.
but they connected the screens to some dinky-ass raspberry pi-esque small computer, and put that small computer to the boxes behind the radar dish.
so it can roll the MFD footage on loop for demo purposes. but the computer is bugging out and /or overheating and makes the footage stutter as a result.

im sure the system will run fine when push comes to shove.

moz68k

Reactions
18 596
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
the screens are fine.
but they connected the screens to some dinky-ass raspberry pi-esque small computer, and put that small computer to the boxes behind the radar dish.
so it can roll the MFD footage on loop for demo purposes. but the computer is bugging out and /or overheating and makes the footage stutter as a result.

im sure the system will run fine when push comes to shove.
I think you're right. For these demonstrators, they do occasionally do that. The TurAF is quite picky, and rightfully so, therefore I have no doubt they'd have pointed this out. Further these issues can be resolved relatively quickly since we own all systems, and that's far more critical than the MFD's refresh rate.

american standad 30-60-120 fbs
european standard 25-50-100 fp
Oour country is european standard
ıf you you use american standard on your camera in a european country there will be flicker,becuse light source use different hertz also
You're right, my bad, though you can compensate for the flicker by changing your shutter speed. All the videos I shared above are at 25 FPS (you can check on YT). But my point still stands, since it's quite obvious the instruments on the Özgür's central MFD refresh at less than that. I added a disclaimer to my replies, just in case. Sorry for derailing the conversation, everyone.

Last edited:

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,738
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Sometimes people read too much into it. This thing is connected to a test bench. It is like running windows in safe mode.

E

Era_shield

I think you're right. For these demonstrators, they do occasionally do that. The TurAF is quite picky, and rightfully so, therefore I have no doubt they'd have pointed this out. Further these issues can be resolved relatively quickly since we own all systems, and that's far more critical than the MFD's refresh rate.

You're right, my bad, though you can compensate for the flicker by changing your shutter speed. All the videos I shared above are at 25 FPS (you can check on YT). But my point still stands, since it's quite obvious the instruments on the Özgür's central MFD refresh at less than that. I added a disclaimer to my replies, just in case. Sorry for derailing the conversation, everyone.
For sure Ozgur's computer can produce a higher frame rate than that. Even a 20 year old computer could. The frame rate might have been reduced for public display to avoid triggering epilepsy which can happen for high frame rates (esp. those flashing warning indicators).

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
BAE Systems presented a new job opening two days ago.

Project Manager- TF-X

-Working jointly with TAI & BAE Systems Programme team and the TAI Project control teams to deliver the TF-X contractual obligations in support of FCC scope.

--Customer Relationship management between in country (Turkey) and back office (Warton) sites. Enact Contract Closure measures to enable transition to Stage II of the TF-X Programme. Manage PM team in country and support TAI IPT delivery teams to generate sales for the contract.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom