Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,717
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
With the amount of military build up Egyptian army is going through - even though it is a mish mash of all sorts - it will be a force we will have to think about confronting; considering the fact that we have sea borders in the Eastern Mediterranean. Quantitatively and on paper they are bigger as a force; qualitatively they are way behind Turkey and Israel. Especially due to the fact that their defence industry is not at a level to produce and innovate modern equipment. But still a force to reckon!

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
I think Egypt needs more subs, and assets carrying ship to land cruise missiles such as the Karakurt class ship.

800 tons and can carry 8 Ashm or cruise missiles, it also has a sufficient shorad capacity.
tntbeub3u7e51.jpg

ANGMAR

Committed member
Egypt Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Egypt
Nation of origin
Egypt
With the amount of military build up Egyptian army is going through - even though it is a mish mash of all sorts - it will be a force we will have to think about confronting; considering the fact that we have sea borders in the Eastern Mediterranean. Quantitatively and on paper they are bigger as a force; qualitatively they are way behind Turkey and Israel. Especially due to the fact that their defence industry is not at a level to produce and innovate modern equipment. But still a force to reckon!
there is nothing to be worry about we are peaceful nation

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
i prefer Admiral Gorshkov class
1024px-Admiral_Gorshkov_frigate_03.jpg
Yes, both classes would serve well in the Egyptian navy. Karakurt could be used in Med sea, and Gorshkov could be used with Mistral but main problem is datalinking them together.

ANGMAR

Committed member
Egypt Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Egypt
Nation of origin
Egypt
Yes, both classes would serve well in the Egyptian navy. Karakurt could be used in Med sea, and Gorshkov could be used with Mistral but main problem is datalinking them together.
data linking is a mystery for me
idk if there is possibility to link eastern and western weapons together

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
data linking is a mystery for me
idk if there is possibility to link eastern and western weapons together
The main reason i want the ships is to perform GLCM strikes at sea. West wont sell cruise missiles like that to Egypt, so you got China, or Russia.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,717
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
there is nothing to be worry about we are peaceful nation
I am afraid we have to worry about it until Turkey’s current leadership accepts Sisi government as legitimate and/or forms peaceful relations as per the two nations actually want. And Egyptian leadership does not take a stance against Turkey in international matters such as aligning itself with Greece etc.

ANGMAR

Committed member
Egypt Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Egypt
Nation of origin
Egypt
I am afraid we have to worry about it until Turkey’s current leadership accepts Sisi government as legitimate and/or forms peaceful relations as per the two nations actually want. And Egyptian leadership does not take a stance against Turkey in international matters such as aligning itself with Greece etc.
its all political maneuvering so dont worry

ANGMAR

Committed member
Egypt Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Egypt
Nation of origin
Egypt
The main reason i want the ships is to perform GLCM strikes at sea. West wont sell cruise missiles like that to Egypt, so you got China, or Russia.
according to the mtcr agreement no exporting variants of the cruise missiles with range more than 300 km are allowed so i think its useless thats why i wish our military develop our own cruise missiles and merge it with our naval vessels

ANGMAR

Committed member
Egypt Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Egypt
Nation of origin
Egypt
a great shot combines the most modern vessels on the egyptian fleet
fremm bergamini
fremm aquitaine
gowind 2500