Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,741
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
It was better if it was not confirmed or denied it should have stayed that way. It should have stayed ambigious

Erdogan really does feel the need to open his mouth at times he needs to shut the f up.
You are right
Or maybe it was i response to the rumors that the test flight was "leaked" and it was supposed to be "top secret" which is bullshit tbh

HE probably openee his bloody mouth to indicate that such videos was intentional and not shown by mistake as some like Ragip Soylu implied

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,135
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
You are right
Or maybe it was i response to the rumors that the test flight was "leaked" and it was supposed to be "top secret" which is bullshit tbh

HE probably openee his bloody mouth to indicate that such videos was intentional and not shown by mistake as some like Ragip Soylu implied

He could have just left it.

No need to confirm or deny it.

You can even send a message like this because this shit terrifies your enemies because it confuses them do they have ballistic missiles or do they not?

Israelis have engaged in this so many times. They get it right. We all know they have nuclear weapons but they keep it ambigious. Same with their weapon testings.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
86 10,856
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Now we gonna have Greeks and Armenians crying to the Americans.

Next day we gonna announce a shipment to Azerbaijan 🤣

It would be hilarious if the Missile was named Talaat 🤣
If Talat is the name suggestion for the TBM, my suggestion for the 2500km MRBM would be Enver.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,135
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
If Talat is the name suggestion for the TBM, my suggestion for the 2500km MRBM would be Enver.

What is interesting how Russians spoke about the missile how they feared it can hit Sevastopol.

If Turkiye has capabilities to Hit Russia thats a win in my book.

This missile test has got a lot of attention. Both good and bad press.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
67 7,631
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Geopolitics 101

People will be at each others throats and the next day they are the best of buddies until they do it again.
If the two heavyweights ( turkey and KSA ) in the middle east can get it going for good in a long shot, it will ultimately solve 80% percent of the middle east problem.

And of course, this is particularly good for bangladesh! given, maintaining the good relationship with both countries simultaneously are strategically important for BD. There was tension in the past, that made the balancing act little more complicated. But that would be no more.

For now ( after KSA and UAE ) the only sizable problem remained is EGYPT. But I have a feeling, as the things moving fast toward positive direction, it will be solved soon.

Because what unique about this time compared to the previous era is the fact that, muslim countries in general and especially the arab countries day by day gaining the ability to act more and more independently from heavy western and foreign influences. And that is a blessing!
30 years ago you wouldn't even imagine SAUDIs doing something like that, going against vital us interests. And yet now this is happening!

If middle east as 'brothers' and neighbors can solve their major issues within themselves without allowing third party at the table ( west ) to exploit their differences, it will be win win for turkey and everybody in the region. ( Expect probably for iran and israel )

I don't wanna let my imagination too wild for now but imagine if two decade later ME ( turkiye, qatar, saudi arabia, quate and UAE ) can have an integrated economic and security structure!

And i think this is achievable in along shot! Turkey has technology and other has money and energy!
An 'arranged' marriage of that two will benefit everyone immensely. And make third party ( west ) hold their tongue forever. ( and I think, like qatar very recently KSA and UAE start to understand that and learned from their past mistakes )

And for turkey explicitly, a peaceful and friendly neighborhood will allow to shift more focus on its western border ( greece in particular and the west in a broader sense ) and will enable it to project power far aboard in a significant manner than before.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,312
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is a part of the speech that I am embarrassed to translate, where he complains that our companies cannot invest in Iran on oil products. So basically he mentions Iran, KSA and Venezuela by name. But what I understand from the general logic of the speech is that the green light is being given to KSA. There is a comprehensive arms embargo against KSA in the US right now, and some cases are coming up again. Turkiye is sending the message that "brother, I'm here" for the crisis that may arise in KSA's security concerns.
Looks like Mr Erdogan is revisiting Mr Davutoglu's previously failed "Zero Problems" doctrine.
Normalisation with Armenia, Israel and the Arab Gulf nations. Mediation between Russia and Ukraine.
And now voicing concerns about paroah states like Iran and Venezuela.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
86 10,856
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Looks like Mr Erdogan is revisiting Mr Davutoglu's previously failed "Zero Problems" doctrine.
Normalisation with Armenia, Israel and the Arab Gulf nations. Mediation between Russia and Ukraine.
And now voicing concerns about paroah states like Iran and Venezuela.
I see it as a rhetoric, let's develop a relationship based on common interests, rather than a zero problem. If you ask what's the difference, one of them was not prioritizing Turkiye's national interests, while the other mainly about prioritizing Turkish interests first. Davidson is one of the greatest disaster that has ever happened to this country.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
10 9,054
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
I see it as a rhetoric, let's develop a relationship based on common interests, rather than a zero problem. If you ask what's the difference, one of them was not prioritizing Turkiye's national interests, while the other mainly about prioritizing Turkish interests first. Davidson is one of the greatest disaster that has ever happened to this country.

You can tell a lot about someone by the people he surrounds himself with. Davidson was a disaster and maybe one of the most delusional statesman in Turkish history. Yet erdogan would even go on to make him a prime minister.

Sometimes i get the impression that erdogan surrounds himself with incompetence so that his position can never be threatened from within.

Altay2071

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Israel Defense Minister Benny Gantz will visit Turkiye's capital Ankara next week, Defense Ministry announced on Thursday.

The Defense Ministry said that the visit is part of the renewal of the security cooperation between Israel and TR

Is it starting a nightmare for someone?
It will be the perfect storm for Iran! Their back should be broken finally.

Altay2071

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If the two heavyweights ( turkey and KSA ) in the middle east can get it going for good in a long shot, it will ultimately solve 80% percent of the middle east problem.

And of course, this is particularly good for bangladesh! given, maintaining the good relationship with both countries simultaneously are strategically important for BD. There was tension in the past, that made the balancing act little more complicated. But that would be no more.

For now ( after KSA and UAE ) the only sizable problem remained is EGYPT. But I have a feeling, as the things moving fast toward positive direction, it will be solved soon.

Because what unique about this time compared to the previous era is the fact that, muslim countries in general and especially the arab countries day by day gaining the ability to act more and more independently from heavy western and foreign influences. And that is a blessing!
30 years ago you wouldn't even imagine SAUDIs doing something like that, going against vital us interests. And yet now this is happening!

If middle east as 'brothers' and neighbors can solve their major issues within themselves without allowing third party at the table ( west ) to exploit their differences, it will be win win for turkey and everybody in the region. ( Expect probably for iran and israel )

I don't wanna let my imagination too wild for now but imagine if two decade later ME ( turkiye, qatar, saudi arabia, quate and UAE ) can have an integrated economic and security structure!

And i think this is achievable in along shot! Turkey has technology and other has money and energy!
An 'arranged' marriage of that two will benefit everyone immensely. And make third party ( west ) hold their tongue forever. ( and I think, like qatar very recently KSA and UAE start to understand that and learned from their past mistakes )

And for turkey explicitly, a peaceful and friendly neighborhood will allow to shift more focus on its western border ( greece in particular and the west in a broader sense ) and will enable it to project power far aboard in a significant manner than before.
Your dream is unfortunately too good to be true. As soon as Republicans come back to power in US, arabs (except Katar) will sell us again. Their money wont last forever. Alternative energy sources will emerge in the future, which will require high technology. These countries will be poorer and more unstable in the future. They dont have water, and cant grow produce. Their road is to perdition, which doesnt make me sorry as I know how they backstabbed our soldiers (their muslim brothers) hundred years ago.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
67 7,631
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Your dream is unfortunately too good to be true. As soon as Republicans come back to power in US, arabs (except Katar) will sell us again. Their money wont last forever. Alternative energy sources will emerge in the future, which will require high technology. These countries will be poorer and more unstable in the future. They dont have water, and cant grow produce. Their road is to perdition, which doesnt make me sorry as I know how they backstabbed our soldiers (their muslim brothers) hundred years ago.
We will see who they see their future with! But You cannot predict for sure they are gonna make the same mistake again! One only makes the same mistake for so long!

And they know that, their petro-dollar won't last forever. And that's why they are trying to make transition to a highly industrialized economy. And I don't see any reason for it is not to become possible! With the amount of wealth they have if they can make a long term well planned investments the transition is very possible.

Have no doubts, oil and gas will continue to dominate the energy market at least for next two or three decades. And the effort for the transition is already underway noticeably. Qatar and UAE already gained some self sufficiency and economic diversification. Saudi is little late in the game but nevertheless they will get their. And apart from oil, KSA has huge amount of rare earth metarial. We should not underestimate its value.

Water won't be an existential issue. They have sea on their both sides. They would just need more refineries. It may become expensive. But nevertheless a rich economy would be able to handle it.

Yes. they cannot grow grains and greens! But a lot of friendly countries would sell it to them gladly for good profit. ( BD is one of them )

So i am not yet ready to make the conclusion that, THEIR ROAD IS TO PERDITION.

Altay2071

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We will see who they see their future with! But You cannot predict for sure they are gonna make the same mistake again! One only makes the same mistake for so long!

And they know that, their petro-dollar won't last forever. And that's why they are trying to make transition to a highly industrialized economy. And I don't see any reason for it is not to become possible! With the amount of wealth they have if they can make a long term well planned investments the transition is very possible.

Have no doubts, oil and gas will continue to dominate the energy market at least for next two or three decades. And the effort for the transition is already underway noticeably. Qatar and UAE already gained some self sufficiency and economic diversification. Saudi is little late in the game but nevertheless they will get their. And apart from oil, KSA has huge amount of rare earth metarial. We should not underestimate its value.

Water won't be an existential issue. They have sea on their both sides. They would just need more refineries. It may become expensive. But nevertheless a rich economy would be able to handle it.

Yes. they cannot grow grains and greens! But a lot of friendly countries would sell it to them gladly for good profit. ( BD is one of them )

So i am not yet ready to make the conclusion that, THEIR ROAD IS TO PERDITION.
I dont know about the transition to highly industrialized society but they have plans to build a 1 trillion $ glitzy city. We have accepted and took care of 5 million refugees. What did these guys do? My country is giving away 5.6 bn $ to poor countries, what did they do? I know that they have given money to PKK terrorists. And I know that islamic countries organization has blamed Türkiye since we tried to establish a secure zone in Syria. I have no hope of any fruitful cooperation with most islamic countries. Moslems are killing each other the most in this world. They will get what they deserve unless they cooperate sincerely with Türkiye.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
67 7,631
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I dont know about the transition to highly industrialized society but they have plans to build a 1 trillion $ glitzy city. We have accepted and took care of 5 million refugees. What did these guys do? My country is giving away 5.6 bn $ to poor countries, what did they do? I know that they have given money to PKK terrorists. And I know that islamic countries organization has blamed Türkiye since we tried to establish a secure zone in Syria. I have no hope of any fruitful cooperation with most islamic countries. Moslems are killing each other the most in this world. They will get what they deserve unless they cooperate sincerely with Türkiye.
I have a lot of hope for fruitful cooperation with muslim countries around in the future. And Muslim aren't killing each other the most in the world! Just Only In South East Asia (BD, INDONESIA, MALESYIA, BRUNAY ) half billion ( nearly one third of whole muslim world ) muslims. Where do you see the killing?

And about the refugee issue, turkey is not unique. Some other countries also has to deal with that. For example, take BD, we have approximately 1.5 million refugees here. but Our gdp is half of turkey and yet we have twice more population to feed ( 170 million compared to turkey's 84 million ). So it is not easy for us either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom