Latest Thread

TR Foreign Policy & Geopolitics

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
10 9,061
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Another good example of overt withdrawal while covertly remaining in power is to look at the various dictators and monarchies of the middle east and why they always end with British wives. Why their kids are sent to British private schools or things like the prestigious sandhurst military academy where the even royal british family go. These kids are then also given British wives.

The King of Jordan is good example of how the British can take complete control of a nation covertly. Even the Kurds of the KRG are following the same path, british wives, educated in british private education and then they are given british kids, after one or two generations these people are only middle eastern on paper. Even the Assad dynasty followed the same path.

The "western question" one day will have to be answered collectively by the rest of the world.

Last edited:

moz68k

Reactions
18 600
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Bloomberg: If Turkey Blocks Sweden and Finland, Will NATO Boot Turkey?
Washington Post: If Turkey Blocks Sweden and Finland, Will NATO Boot Turkey?

Identical articles (read, syndicated) with clickbait titles from Bloomberg and the WP by Greek-American James Stavridis, a, quote, "[...] retired U.S. Navy admiral, former supreme allied commander of NATO, [...] dean emeritus of the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University, [...] [and] vice chairman of global affairs at the Carlyle Group". A man so caught up in chest-thumping for the war in Ukraine, and simping for Sweden and Greece that he—and I remind you this man was a USN admiral and supreme allied commander of NATOcalled the SAAB Gripen a fifth generation fighter. A portion of that lobbying money should have at least gone to a decent editor.

Sweden has a high-tech military and produces the fifth-generation Saab Gripen fighters, which I was thrilled to have in our operations over Libya. The Finns, a nation of only five million, can put hundreds of thousands of well-trained and fully equipped ground combat forces in the field in a matter of weeks. We want them on our team.

I am so done with the media. "Democracy Dies in Darkness". That we can agree on WP... It surely has.

Last edited:

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
67 7,784
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
That 'fifth generation' is very likely to be editor's mistake.
When I read the article last night it seemed very weird to me.

moz68k

Reactions
18 600
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
That 'fifth generation' is very likely to be editor's mistake.
When I read the article last night it seemed very weird to me.
Either way, the quality of journalism across the world has fallen drastically. If this is the first draft of history, then it gets an F from me.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,725
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Bloomberg: If Turkey Blocks Sweden and Finland, Will NATO Boot Turkey?
Washington Post: If Turkey Blocks Sweden and Finland, Will NATO Boot Turkey?

Identical articles (read, syndicated) with clickbait titles from Bloomberg and the WP by Greek-American James Stavridis, a, quote, "[...] retired U.S. Navy admiral, former supreme allied commander of NATO, [...] dean emeritus of the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University, [...] [and] vice chairman of global affairs at the Carlyle Group". A man so caught up in chest-thumping for the war in Ukraine, and simping for Sweden and Greece that he—and I remind you this man was a USN admiral and supreme allied commander of NATOcalled the SAAB Gripen a fifth generation fighter. A portion of that lobbying money should have at least gone to a decent editor.

I am so done with the media. "Democracy Dies in Darkness". That we can agree on WP... It surely has.
Excellent post. Bookmarked it. I'd kiss it in the forehead if I could.

The ranks of the US military is full of useless Greek bloodbags like this who'd fan the flames anyway they can. Ever heard of Ryan Gingeras? Read his books if you want your blood pressure to rise a bunch.

Corvus

Reactions
2 252
Nation of residence
Italy
Nation of origin
Turkey

The ranks of the US military is full of useless Greek bloodbags like this who'd fan the flames anyway they can. Ever heard of Ryan Gingeras? Read his books if you want your blood pressure to rise a bunch.
Did you read the articles?

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
10 9,061
Nation of residence
United Kingdom

can you tell me more about the guy and what to expect?

moz68k

Reactions
18 600
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
The clickbait title says it all. There are far worse out there, but seeing that mistake from a person with such seemingly excellent credentials just rubbed me the wrong way. It's just an empty article with thinly veiled threats on, I'm paraphrasing, "what to do with Turkey" if it does indeed reject Sweden's accession to NATO while trying to seem sympathetic (on a surface level) to Turkey's situation. It alludes that Finland and Sweden may be an acceptable replacement for Turkey if, again paraphrasing, Erdo himself chooses to veto their accession.

It's part of this barrage of utter trite coming out of foreign media on Turkey before the elections, with about as much quality and nuance as you can expect from today's WP and Bloomberg—pandering to the lowest common denominator—a.k.a. intellectual types who read the opinions of syndicated columnists and sell them off as their own.

That being said, my opinion ;) on Finland and Sweden joining NATO: let Finland in, they've actually have fought a war (and brilliantly so) in the last 100 years. Veto Sweden, consequences be damned. If NATO truly is an an alliance built on collective security (it isn't), then we should not be bullied by the US into making an empty gesture just to spite Russia (we probably will). Sweden has plenty of bilateral defence alliances and is practically already in NATO. Screw them.

Edit: replying to Corvus here. Forgot to quote. Sorry.

Last edited:

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,725
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
can you tell me more about the guy and what to expect?
"Ryan Gingeras is a professor in the Department of National Security Affairs at the Naval Postgraduate School and is an expert on Turkish, Balkan and Middle East history. He is the author of four books, including most recently, Eternal Dawn: Turkey in the Age of Atatürk. His Sorrowful Shores: Violence, Ethnicity, and the End of the Ottoman Empire received short list distinctions for the Rothschild Book Prize in Nationalism and Ethnic Studies and the British-Kuwait Friendship Society Book Prize."
He has written this book called Heroin, Organized Crime, and the Making of Modern Turkey.
You could guess whats the prerogative.

Turan

Reactions
1 350
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
What kind of foreign policy will it follow if the "6'lı masa" comes to power?

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,163
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Sweden has been digging itself into a hole..

Our citizens didn't need to react. Good work by the security forces. If those Islamists got inside and did something stupid we would become the bad guys. They know exactly what they're doing by burning the Quran. They want these dimwits to react.

Tit for Tat

What goes around comes around.

If they burn the Quran what makes you think these far right monkeys will respect the Turkish flag.

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan
Tit for Tat

What goes around comes around.

If they burn the Quran what makes you think these far right monkeys will respect the Turkish flag.
Tit for Tat doesn't work in this case. Flag burning is something which Armenians or PKK does. It's what someone does when they know they can't win. The guys who burned the flag just made us stoop to their level.

What's more concerning however is the Islamists who tried to storm the embassy. If they weren't stopped imagine what could have happened.

These Islamists chimping out aren't a good look. In fact we all know who is behind them. There's a reason why radical groups such as Hizbut Tahrir are free to operate in the West.

Last edited:

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Sweden has been digging itself into a hole..

Our citizens didn't need to react. Good work by the security forces. If those Islamists got inside and did something stupid we would become the bad guys. They know exactly what they're doing by burning the Quran. They want these dimwits to react.

I have lived in Stockholm, and have many Swedish Friends, some are anti-immigrant as well, I can't blame them after things I saw. They don't even care what you are going to do to their flag or bible, mindset is very different, you can insult them, it is a freedom of speech unless you make a physical assault . A piece of paper or cloth has no special value, if it belongs to you, you purchased it, you can burn or throw it to the garbage.. it does not matter if it is picture of king, flag of a country or some holy book. Eastern cultures turn things to holy and untouchable objects. However if that guy who is burning quran threw the burning quran to someone or some place, it will be a public crime. Besides, Swedes are mostly irreligious while still they are paying church fee! otherwise they can't get funeral service.

Only idiots react to provocations, if they provoke you, best thing to do is ignoring them.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom