TR Foreign Policy & Geopolitics

Vaggos

Reactions
Nation of residence
Italy
Nation of origin
Greece
What ppl really need to understand is that the recent Turkish offensive charm didnt start because of the lira devaluation but because of the Turkish-Greek tensions. When the Turkish-Greek tensions peaked in 2020, KSA and UAE supplied Greece with tons of money and weapons exchange including advanced jets like F15s amd Patriots; this didnt suit Turkey's situation as such idiotic monarchs are filled with money and may aid Greece in many ways

The last thing Erdo wants is a rich Greece. He already has problems with Russia due to the conflicts in Libya, Syria, and Karabakh as well as conflicts with the US due to the PKK in Syria and Iraq. He is fighting against Iranian militias and competing against their influence in Iraq. Therefore, if the ruch Gulf monarchs are involved as well then Erdogan literally made enemies on all sides of the political spectrum

A proof of that is when UAE, for the first time in 2 years, declined Greece's invitation to participate in their recent international military exercises
Greece did not get any money or weapons from KSA or UAE! We only gave some Patriots to the Saudis. Stop writing bullshit!

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,733
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Greece did not get any money or weapons from KSA or UAE! We only gave some Patriots to the Saudis. Stop writing bullshit!
Oh really?
So Greece is now running a charity giving Patriots for free?🤣
If so, then Albania would like a couple of systems pls

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkey is brewing something in Mali

1. Turkish Forein Minister Cavusoglu

Issa Ousmane Coulibaly, Mali's Ambassador to Ankara:

"There are already some agreements between Turkey and Mali. We want to expand the areas of cooperation as soon as possible. We will sign a Technical Cooperation Agreement between the two countries so that we can work in the field of defense and security."

"What I saw in Turkey is incredible. Because I realized that the defense industry in Turkey is at a good level and that the defense industry has developed to meet the challenges of the armed forces."

2. Turkish MoD Akar

Turkey is ready to cooperate and share experience in the field of counterterrorism with Mali and the African continent, Defense Minister Hulusi Akar said Tuesday.
Akar on Tuesday met with his Malian counterpart Sadio Camara in the capital Ankara and condemned the latest terrorist attacks in Mali.

A Greek has written about that on 01/2022

Turkey’s “anti-colonial” pivot to Mali: French-Turkish competition and the role of the European Union in the Sahel​

– Ioannis N. Grigoriadis and Dawid A. Fusiek​

A closer look at the discourse surrounding the Turkish administration’s visits and responses to contemporary affairs in Mali also reveals another important leitmotif: the use of anti-colonial discourse. Turkey has employed the latter to portray itself as a potential alternative “equitable regional partner” for African states, with a view to fostering economic, political and security relations. Ankara has sought to make use of the growing polarisation within the international system, African fears of dependency on China and Russia, and the troubled essence of relations between the West and Africa (Kizilaslan, 2021). Furthermore, this approach is in line with what Frederico Donelli and Ariel Gonzales Levaggi (2018, 93-115) describe as the “Global South” discourse, which aspires to bridge the developed and developing worlds, projecting Turkish soft power and engaging with sub-Saharan Africa culturally, economically, and politically. Turkey’s postcolonial discourse has played a significant role not only in supporting the “Global South” discourse, but also as a tool for projecting soft power.

guest12

Reactions
2 876
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
another example of how stupid the US ruling cadre really is.
They are not stupid they know very well what they are doing.In their eyes Turkiye just like Iran , another independent strong muslim country must be destroyed before its develops further.Why? Simple because they believe this is only way to empower Israel further.They will countinue to bring destruction all muslim majority countries in region until only Israel left as a functioning nation in Middle East.
This is world wiew shared by majority of double passport holder U.S Senate members and Israel's ruling class.

People must notice something incredible dangerous about Israel : Majority of Knesset and all Israeli PMs people whom became politician after making military career in armed forces for years.They were not civillians then became politician like in Turkiye.I dare to claim Israel is military state.This is probably one of main reasons for Israel's hawkish foreign policy.

Its our people stupid ones(specially ones eats 7/24 West propaganda all day ) dont understand what kind of threat we are facing today. Some people believe everything gonna be alright after Erdogan goes with his politic islam speeches.Even tough sanctions and support for PKK started right after fall of Soviet Union(thats when decided Turkiye's existance not really needed anymore) way before Erdogan became a thing.

Last edited:
M

Manomed

1651411946921.png

man this georgian is kneeling to everyone

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,068
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
View attachment 43389
man this georgian is kneeling to everyone

Arabs take away their oil they are nothing.

Funny how Abdulhamid II still ruled much of the Arabs while the empire was at its last legs.

Their so called Arab revolt nearly ended in failure as the Ottoman army beaten back their attempts many times on field hence why they resorted to guerilla warfare.

Still Erdogan rezil etti bizi.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,068
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Too bad Yavuz and Hulagu Khan did not finish the job.

I would like Hulagu Khan more if he did not kill Muslim Turks.

He should have just targeted the Arabs and left us alone.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,733
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Wtf is going on with Zelensky these days?

Havent Turkey done enough? It was the first country that provided weapons to Ukraine and is still prividing fresh monthly supplies of TB2s and protective equipment for soldiers on the front line. Turkey, for Ukraine, even closed the Bosphorous and yet Ukrainian President wants Turkey to cut its major tourism income source? This is ridiculous tbh

Is it desperation? I did hear that the Ukranian army cant break Russian defences in Kherson and only 8 days are left until Putin announces the formal annexation of all the South and East.....

B.t.N

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Havent Turkey done enough? It was the first country that provided weapons to Ukraine and is still prividing fresh monthly supplies of TB2s and protective equipment for soldiers on the front line. Turkey, for Ukraine, even closed the Bosphorous and yet Ukrainian President wants Turkey to cut its major tourism income source? This is ridiculous tbh

Is it desperation? I did hear that the Ukranian army cant break Russian defences in Kherson and only 8 days are left until Putin announces the formal annexation of all the South and East.....

Zelensky is pushing hard for a sentimental response, as Turkey, time and time again, proved she could “unexpectedly” run off the course of logic. I will give it to our administration, they are standing firm this time. It is very clear that lessons learnt in the past couple of decades are taken seriously, as the course of action! And I never thought I could use such a phrase! Or is it too early yet?

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,068
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Zelensky is just acting like a loser. He should be angry at Germany not us.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,935
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Zelensky is just acting like a loser. He should be angry at Germany not us.
He is pissed at Germany too. He's been doing this "everyone is throwing us to the dogs, poor Ukraine is all alone" act since basically the first week of the conflict.

On one hand I can definitely understand his plight. He is stuck begging people for assistance to help fight Russia and the only thing that could make a massive difference at this point is for NATO to declare intervention and put boots on the ground which nobody is going to do.

On the other hand, he is a politician and he really should understand that generous handouts have their limits. The UK is almost running out of portable anti-tank weaponry to give them and TB-2 munitions don't grow on trees.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,068
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
He is pissed at Germany too. He's been doing this "everyone is throwing us to the dogs, poor Ukraine is all alone" act since basically the first week of the conflict.

On one hand I can definitely understand his plight. He is stuck begging people for assistance to help fight Russia and the only thing that could make a massive difference at this point is for NATO to declare intervention and put boots on the ground which nobody is going to do.

On the other hand, he is a politician and he really should understand that generous handouts have their limits. The UK is almost running out of portable anti-tank weaponry to give them and TB-2 munitions don't grow on trees.

This is geopolitics everybody looks out for their interests.

I dont get Zelensky really no country wants to sacrifice its interests for another.

I agree nato needs to do boots on the ground but that shit wont happen.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,613
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

he's mashing all the buttons to get the help his country needs. i can understand him, but he doesn't have my sympathies .

B.t.N

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Zelensky is pushing hard for a sentimental response, as Turkey, time and time again, proved she could “unexpectedly” run off the course of logic. I will give it to our administration, they are standing firm this time. It is very clear that lessons learnt in the past couple of decades are taken seriously, as the course of action! And I never thought I could use such a phrase! Or is it too early yet?
EDIT: I read the decision “to close the straits” not as a favor to Ukraine or anyone else, but rather a declaration so as to say “do not get us involved in this shit!”

Barry

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
You can understand his frustration, tbh. His country is invaded by one of the globe's worst actors, his people are being murdered, raped and deported to the deepest darkest parts of Russia. The moral reality is everyone should be doing more to stop this, but geopolitical realities are different.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,974
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey

Any users want to comment on how this maronite dog thinks of us?
I had a half Maronite Lebanese/Czech girlfriend in high school times, years later after my interests for geopolitics, history etc. i understood why her dad disliked me, those people inherit their butthurt to the next generations since centuries for no reason.

Armenians, Maronites, Greek Cypriots will never ever change unlike some mainland Greeks with whom you can talk with, be friends with but the other ones it's not possible. Armenians in the US for example doesn't speak Armenian, was never there, probably never met a Turk in person but hates us to the core.

Last edited:
Top Bottom