TR Foreign Policy & Geopolitics

L

legionairre

I still don't understand what is your problem with Greece and Greeks...you were bullied in some Greek school or something? Anyway, I will not comment on what it was mentioned until @Cabatli_53 stops being tayip's parrot. The only thing I will say is that Europe and the Western civilization in general, as entity and soul, ows everything to Greece. Never forget that.

P.S. Even the fucking word "Europe" is Greek.
I would not deny the influence of ancient Greece on our collective culture today. What is disturbing for very many is the attitude that you introduce all Aegean civilizations as Greek, and that is not the truth. And the way you insist on taking pride of elements of different cultures as your own.
Democracy, no matter how cripled (rights limited to free men only) is Greece’s greatest contributions to mankind‘s recent history, I will give you that. So is tragedia, but very few know that these were originated from religious celebrations for Dionysus, and that involved a bunch of Greeks getting high on deluted wine:)

Vaggos

Reactions
Nation of residence
Italy
Nation of origin
Greece
What is disturbing for very many is the attitude that you introduce all Aegean civilizations as Greek, and that is not the truth. And the way you insist on taking pride of elements of different cultures as your own.
Only people who study history superficially are claiming this.

L

legionairre

I have done a little more than that! I‘d like to draw your attention to this sentence, to reset our communication; “I would never deny the influence of ancient Greece on our collective culture today.”

Vaggos

Reactions
Nation of residence
Italy
Nation of origin
Greece
I have done a little more than that! I‘d like to draw your attention to this sentence, to reset our communication; “I would never deny the influence of ancient Greece on our collective culture today.”
I wasn't referring directly to you, I was talking about the Greek claims you mentioned. That some Greeks are claiming the whole Aegean history. You are right about this.

AWP

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,403
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Palestine

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,064
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,021
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Brilliant… I have been following this guy, Alexander for some time, he may be an asshole sometimes (esp. his sarcastic comments on Turkey), but his conclusions are pretty much spot on!

The few videos i've watched of these guys, they can't help but shit on Turkey and play the typical greek narrative of big bad Turk, innocent greece defender of europe nonsense.

Its near impossible to find a greek commentator online who can't leave his personal bias out of geopolitical analysis. Turkey always has to be portrayed as the bad guy, very similar to what armenians do but not quite as fanatical or hateful.

L

legionairre

The few videos i've watched of these guys, they can't help but shit on Turkey and play the typical greek narrative of big bad Turk, innocent greece defender of europe nonsense.

Its near impossible to find a greek commentator online who can't leave his personal bias out of geopolitical analysis. Turkey always has to be portrayed as the bad guy, very similar to what armenians do but not quite as fanatical or hateful.
What can I say, he has got a crush on Erdogan;) I have used a stronger word, “asshole”, as I describe his narrative, but all aside, he puts forth valid reasoning, and that helps understand what we are up against... Things we never seem to discuss, somehow blinded by rage, under emotional staleness that we are under constant threat.

HTurk

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,203
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
what more can turkey do ? in fact what turkey can actually do ?
Well, this case has damaged Saudi Arabia's standing for many months and ruined MBS image. From a strictly strategic and immoral perspective, the government is acting clever.

M

Manomed

Anatolian-Arab-Egytpian civilizations did more to Human history even Greeks got most of their art style etc from Pelasgians. We owe most of it to anatolians

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkish Officials speaking to Middle East Eye:

“Turkey will appoint a new ambassador to Egypt after about 9 years.”

“The new ambassador to be appointed to Cairo will be Salih Mutlu Şen, the former permanent representative of Turkey to the Organization of Islamic Cooperation between 2015-2020.”

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I guess this is the price for normalisation with Saudi Arabia

Hmm.

There are Rumors that a Saudi delegation will be meeting the President in Turkey similar to UAE.

It certainly explains the spike in Turkish Exports to Saudi Arabia.

March 2022 vs February 2022 (in Million USD)

1649197955671.png

a whopping 215% increase.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,696
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Don't be surprised if you see monthly export figures higher than 25 billion in the summer months. BTW first-quarter defense exports are around a billion. We might also hit 4billion+ yearly defense exports this year.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Don't be surprised if you see monthly export figures higher than 25 billion in the summer months. BTW first-quarter defense exports are around a billion. We might also hit 4billion+ yearly defense exports this year.

I expect a defense sales of close to 5 billion dollars and a total export of around 250-280 billion $ this year.

Barzani

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Iraq
Nation of origin
Iraq
Thought this fits in here better than the other Turkey-Iran or the Energy thread:

Since the 90's the KRG has aimed to export its oil and gas independently of Baghdad through Turkey, Ashti Hawrami has consistenly made comments to this regard. As the Kurdistan region's ties with Turkey developed, this occurred:

Since then, there has been many other events. Notably, the recently meetings with Qatar that were the result of decades of engagement with the KRG - Qatar is interested in KRG gas and has been one of the biggest investors in the KRG. Within this month there were multiple meetings with Turkey and Qatar.

Now, the KRG has begun extending the pipelines to near the Turkish border, with the capacity for exports built in.

Peshmerga have concurrently begain building bases to secure this pipeline.

This seems to be one solution Erdogan is looking at to reduce Turkey's fuel import costs.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,696
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Thought this fits in here better than the other Turkey-Iran or the Energy thread:

Since the 90's the KRG has aimed to export its oil and gas independently of Baghdad through Turkey, Ashti Hawrami has consistenly made comments to this regard. As the Kurdistan region's ties with Turkey developed, this occurred:

Since then, there has been many other events. Notably, the recently meetings with Qatar that were the result of decades of engagement with the KRG - Qatar is interested in KRG gas and has been one of the biggest investors in the KRG. Within this month there were multiple meetings with Turkey and Qatar.

Now, the KRG has begun extending the pipelines to near the Turkish border, with the capacity for exports built in.

Peshmerga have concurrently begain building bases to secure this pipeline.

This seems to be one solution Erdogan is looking at to reduce Turkey's fuel import costs.
True. Erdo is also gaining another leverage against the EU by hooking up another regional energy source to the Turkish infrastructure. But wait until some other player uses PKK/YPG to attack the pipelines. KRG has no room to maneuver anymore and has to take steps against PKK/YPG. KRG can't turn a blind eye/passively support PKK/YPG anymore.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom