Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,529
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Im surprised that foreign intelligence organizations were allowed to roam so freely.
Why did we allow it until now?
So that they will reciprocate and won't hinder our work in their countries. Tale as old as time.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,501
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Im surprised that foreign intelligence organizations were allowed to roam so freely.
Why did we allow it until now?
Due to the unique geographical position and Turkiye's geopolitical position Turkiye has been a center of interests in the intelligence community around the world. Istanbul is iconic city in the community. Due to Turkiye's unique approach in foreign politics, Turkiye is a country hosting many dissidents from different nations and sometimes it is a place from which different actors with different agendas operate according to their interests, using the freedom that is given to them. This is followed by intelligence service interests and operations. Russia, UK, US, Iran, Syria, Israel are only some of the countries that used Turkiye as a forward base of their operations. As in foreign politics Turkiye hold a different stance regarding these issues mainly moving between the drops, but not anymore. For example if Turkiye adopted the current approach towards these issues I am sure that the Syrian Revolution would develop in a totally different way.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,748
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Due to the unique geographical position and Turkiye's geopolitical position Turkiye has been a center of interests in the intelligence community around the world. Istanbul is iconic city in the community. Due to Turkiye's unique approach in foreign politics, Turkiye is a country hosting many dissidents from different nations and sometimes it is a place from which different actors with different agendas operate according to their interests, using the freedom that is given to them. This is followed by intelligence service interests and operations. Russia, UK, US, Iran, Syria, Israel are only some of the countries that used Turkiye as a forward base of their operations. As in foreign politics Turkiye hold a different stance regarding these issues mainly moving between the drops, but not anymore. For example if Turkiye adopted the current approach towards these issues I am sure that the Syrian Revolution would develop in a totally different way.
Which is why it's necessary to develop and use AI to gather and filter information. It's necessary to create a good network that enables us to keep track even find the foreign intelligence units that try to cause issues internally.

For instance, having AI for telecommunication that does basic analysis and identifies people of interest in a vicinity of certain locations and potentially tracking their movements and such.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,501
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Which is why it's necessary to develop and use AI to gather and filter information. It's necessary to create a good network that enables us to keep track even find the foreign intelligence units that try to cause issues internally.

For instance, having AI for telecommunication that does basic analysis and identifies people of interest in a vicinity of certain locations and potentially tracking their movements and such.
I am sure our guys already thought about it :)

It may not function in the exact way we recreate it in our minds, but there are measures that are taken. By presumption all diplomats are serving the interests of their countries and must be viewed as intelligence operatives. The difficult ones for tracking are the agents and their networks (the proxy force). MIT already proved that the capabilities the service gained in the counter-intelligence part of things is on the level that many big intelligence services can rightfully get jealous.

I am absolutely confident in the capabilities of MIT in all of the aspects in the world of intelligence. I am more worried about the political decision makers rather than MIT's own capabilities.

mehmed beg

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
I am sure that Turkish Republic should take in the consideration what some Internet bot backbitie about.
When someone just reads what unimaginative bots say then, maybe we should come to conclusion that the bots should be in charge of the things. Unfortunately for them , money talks and bullshit walks

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,529
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
"Bahçeli announces support for Sweden's NATO membership"

"In practice, Turkey has already agreed to Sweden's membership of NATO because it did not object to Sweden's participation in the Steadfast Defender exercise, which is due to start in September, without confirmed membership. The Turkish parliament is due to vote on Sweden's ratification today."

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,690
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Lol Bahçeli behaved exactly like I expected. Such a good American apparatus. Shame on the government for allowing Sweden into NATO.

Crush716

Committed member
Reactions
1 427
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Lol Bahçeli behaved exactly like I expected. Such a good American apparatus. Shame on the government for allowing Sweden into NATO.
We are a one man show nation. Every buddy and their mother knows that only one person makes the decisions in Turkiye. Who cares who says what nonsense. We know who the real decision maker is and what he supports. Unfortunately shaming them doesn’t make any difference

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,529
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

"In practice, Turkey has already agreed to Sweden's membership of NATO because it did not object to Sweden's participation in the Steadfast Defender exercise, which is due to start in September, without confirmed membership. The Turkish parliament is due to vote on Sweden's ratification today."
Live assembly.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania

Shame on the govt tbh

I do know that the Americans blackmailed them, but I wished that they would have endured a bit more

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,276
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Sweden's NATO accession feels unfortunately very much like the Branson priest affair. Lots of chest beatings and big talk to be followed by a mere fart in the end.
Disappointing to say the least.

YeşilVatan

Contributor
Reactions
10 1,258
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Now watch as US and all its catspaws walk back their promises, not give us f-16s, continue to support PKK, put on new arms embargos. These hyenas don't consider us equals. They barely count us as humans and even that's not really clear.

This is a travesty.

Barry

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
See Turks thought they got rid of Ali Kemal but it turns out Turkish politicians all model themselves after him.

YeşilVatan

Contributor
Reactions
10 1,258
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Anyone whe defends this SHIT will have to explain what concrete concession we got from westoids. I'll tell you what, we got NOTHING. And now they got what they wanted, they'll just do "makas kesmiyor" kind of bullcrap to not give us anything they promised. CHP is also complicit in this.

Evet oyu veren vekillerin çoluğundan çocuğundan çıksın.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom