Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,818
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Re Iranian connection. Iranian influence on Turkish politics haven't been this high since 90s. And now it's irking the people on the other side of the Iranian proxies that we supported financially and even militarily in some cases.

"Under the guise of defending the Palestinian cause, the Houthi militias in Yemen are trying to ignore the atrocities and massacres they have committed against the Yemeni people for 9 years, the suffering of the Yemeni people, and to justify their crimes.

As the Yemeni Students Association, we find it surprising that posters of Abdulmalik al-Houthi, the leader of the Iranian-backed Houthi militia, are being distributed and hung on the streets of Istanbul to cover up the crimes committed against the Yemeni people. These militias are not supporting the Palestinian cause. the atrocities and massacres committed against the people of Yemen for 9 years under the pretence of the "Yemenite people", They continue to ignore the suffering of the Yemeni people and to denounce their crimes.
and tries to whitewash the Palestinian people.

As the Yemeni Students Association, we would like to emphasise once again that we stand by the Palestinian people and support their legitimate resistance against the occupiers. We also condemn in the strongest terms the inhumane war crimes committed by Israel in Gaza and emphasise the need for international powers to take action to stop these crimes.

We note that these attempts are an attempt to hide the true face of the Houthi militias. These militias have massacred thousands of innocent people, starved children and besieged cities in Yemen. In addition, they have criminalised the education of Yemeni students in Turkey, closed the Turkish language department in universities, changed the curriculum, portrayed Turkey as an occupying country and demolished the Turkish monument in Sana'a.

As the Yemeni Students Association, we call on the Turkish government to stop these initiatives and take the necessary measures. In addition, civil society organisations organisations to reject these initiatives and to support the coup plotters in the present and future. the threats they pose for generations to come.

Finally, we would like to state that we are determined to take legal action against the organisations that carried out these attempts."

As I had interactions in my close circles and also here in the forum I started to understand a very important thing.

There is a group which put priority one on the creation of an independent Palestinian State and another group which is putting priority one at punishing and harming Israel using the Palestinian just cause.

Sometimes people from the first group think that they are part of the second and I can blame it on ignorance. Not an illness without treatment. If there is no ignorance in this, then we should look for another agenda...

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,818
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey

Yemen 'strongly' condemns Houthis’ attack on Turkish memorial in Sanaa​

Houthi elements attempted to demolish memorial in Yemen’s capital Sanaa on Saturday morning​

Mahmut Geldi |13.03.2022 - Update : 14.03.2022

1706106693423.png

ISTANBUL

Yemen on Sunday condemned “in strongest terms” the attack against the Turkish Martyrs’ Memorial carried out by Houthi elements in the capital Sanaa.

In a statement, the Yemeni Foreign Ministry said the action cannot harm the “fraternal relations between the brotherly countries of Yemen and Turkey.”

On Saturday morning, Houthi elements in Yemen attempted to demolish the memorial in the war-torn country's capital, according to local media.

The memorial was opened in 2011 by former Turkish President Abdullah Gul, who came to Yemen on an official visit.

It was built on the former site of an Ottoman barracks, memorializing the empire's soldiers who lost their lives in Yemen for 400 years.

Source below:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,136
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Houthi elements attempted to demolish memorial in Yemen’s capital Sanaa on Saturday morning​

View attachment 65024

ISTANBUL

Yemen on Sunday condemned “in strongest terms” the attack against the Turkish Martyrs’ Memorial carried out by Houthi elements in the capital Sanaa.

In a statement, the Yemeni Foreign Ministry said the action cannot harm the “fraternal relations between the brotherly countries of Yemen and Turkey.”

On Saturday morning, Houthi elements in Yemen attempted to demolish the memorial in the war-torn country's capital, according to local media.

The memorial was opened in 2011 by former Turkish President Abdullah Gul, who came to Yemen on an official visit.

It was built on the former site of an Ottoman barracks, memorializing the empire's soldiers who lost their lives in Yemen for 400 years.

Source below:

Houthis are Zaidi shias the Zaidis fought the Ottomans numerous times.

So im not surprised with this.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
67 7,651
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Interestingly, some of the Ottoman empire's former territories seems to cherish that part of their history. Also, the interesting use of language like 'friendly and brotherly country' is noticable. While with british we.....😎.

It also shows the empire was unique and different compared to other European colonial powers.

I think there should have been a state institution in Turkey capitalizing on soft power & Historical ties to advance common foreign goals and shared interests. (With close coordination with the foreign & trade ministries) Something like British Commonwealth? We could call it...let's say, 'common heritage foundation/association' or some other fancy name like that. You get my point. It may seem only symbolic and not very significant in practice, but these things are built over the years and still matters.

I wonder if anybody thought about it. Or is it not feasible within Contemporary political setting and institutional arrangement in Turkey? Maybe sounds too revisionist politically that State wouldn't want to get involved in?

Last edited:

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,063
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I know this is off-topic, but I can't help saying two things about this east-west belonging: We are not Europeans. Even though we established states and sovereignties in Europe continent before most European civilizations even emerged. We are no longer Asians, even though our origins are Asian and we have deep traces, empires, orders in almost all parts of the continent. These modern Turks west of the Caspian, in the Black Sea and Mediterranean basin, are everything in between these two civilization blocks. Turks are in fact first and foremost one of the heirs of the intermediate zone and the element that sustains this phenomenon. We are not only the heirs of the Turkish state lineage, but also the heirs of all the past civilizations in our lands, which the west ignores, but the bloodline is in our society. We are a continuation of intermediate zone state order, and everything we stand for and everything that forms the strong foundations of our state orders derives from this.

It is not for nothing that 19th century European modern historiography based its entire civilization on a silly constructs, which today turns out to be mostly bullshit. Asia Minor, the entire Anatolian, Levant and Black Sea basin civilizations, starting even before the Hittites, are completely ignored. Even the scientific advances attributed to whole European civilization in history are a mass of plagiarism, stolen from a vast geography, from Andalusia in the west to Egypt and Asia Minor in the east to the Asiatic empires, if you extend the time span to the Enlightenment.

This lands there to be plundered for both blocs. The lives of their people do not matter and their states must be subjugated. For this, their history must be denied, their state kept on the brink. Because, history has repeatedly shown that these places, where everything is born, have the potential to completely reverse the roles when they reach a strong and independent order.
We were Asian in classical era terms,which meant Anatolian, Levant and middle asia.

But since Far East civilizations and Indian subcontinent and SE asian civilizations also join the Asian.

There are no longer typcal Asian.

We should using the term of Turkic/Turan civilization.

Last edited:

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,962
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Interestingly, some of the Ottoman empire's former territories seems to cherish that part of their history. Also, the interesting use of language like 'friendly and brotherly country' is noticable. While with british we.....😎.

It also shows the empire was unique and different compared to other European colonial powers.

I think there should have been a state institution in Turkey capitalizing on soft power & Historical ties to advance common foreign goals and shared interests. (With close coordination with the foreign & trade ministries) Something like British Commonwealth? We could call it...let's say, 'common heritage foundation/association' or some other fancy name like that. You get my point. It may seem only symbolic and not very significant in practice, but these things are built over the years and still matters.

I wonder if anybody thought about it. Or is it not feasible within Contemporary political setting and institutional arrangement in Turkey? Maybe sounds too revisionist politically that State wouldn't want to get involved in?
Read some about TİKA and their works

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
67 7,651
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

Scott Summers

Committed member
Reactions
2 463
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mos

I always advocated for this. Turkey lacks a oldboys network or servant infrastructure in their former territories/colonies like the Brittish and French still have.

France and UK really keep the lines short between theirselves and the former colonies.

Turkey instead is like the Netherlands, they hate their foreign territories and never established a network there.

Scott Summers

Committed member
Reactions
2 463
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Iran, Turkey sign 10 cooperation documents

TEHRAN, Jan. 24 (MNA) – Iran and Turkey inked 10 cooperation documents with the aim of increasing investment and economic cooperation and in relation to regional issues, especially the situation in Gaza.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan met his Iranian counterpart Ebrahim Raeisi in Ankara on Wednesday.

In the presence of the two presidents, Iranian and Turkish high-ranking officials including ministers signed 10 cooperation documents.

These documents of cooperation were inked in the field of railways, energy exchange, and establishment of joint commercial and communication zones.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,945
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

View attachment 65024

ISTANBUL

Source below:

Wait, why does it say "built on the former site of an Ottoman barracks"? That building is still there, it's the general staff HQ of the Yemeni army IIRC.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,063
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Wait, why does it say "built on the former site of an Ottoman barracks"? That building is still there, it's the general staff HQ of the Yemeni army IIRC.
Didn’t it built in the empty ground space of the barrack?

Strong AI

Contributor
Reactions
21 2,362
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

BaburKhan

Reactions
5 726
Website
www.instagram.com
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Germany

Exclusive: Canada to re-start Turkey arms exports after Sweden NATO backing -sources​

ISTANBUL, Jan 26 (Reuters) - Canada and Turkey have reached a deal to restart Canadian exports of drone parts in exchange for more transparency on where they are used, and it would take effect after Ankara completes its ratification of Sweden's NATO bid, two sources told Reuters.

Meanwhile turkish Companies Produce Engines, FLIR that fit on tactical Drones with high Resolution. For what Turkey need their Components ?

Maybe Canada need the Tech from Turkey!

Asena_great

Contributor
Reactions
13 1,503
I won't be dwelling on this right now as it is not productive.
well i was curious to why did you write that that's all but you said something about bossing etc that's why i asked you to elaborate since it confuse me on who do you meaning to when you said bossing Turkish nation since it had nothing to do with your original post

But you should know that placing large images in signatures is not allowed.
irrelevant don't go off topic

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom