Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,691
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
This could be it. It doesn't make sense otherwise. We exported $5.43billions to Israel and imported only $1.64billions in 2023. If the news are true, it will only exacerbate our economic woes.

Yes but you can't just un-cancel a cancelled free trade agreement

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,099
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why does it seem, much of Turkish foreign policy has recently become reactionary in nature? Reacting (to a large degree) to fluctuation in domestic internal politics and people's perception. Some saying it is because of a new party called YRP threatening to take away Erdogan's voter base for Various reasons.(?) Among others, soft stance on Israel. Don't know how accurate is this. I could be wrong, as I am not well versed in Turkey's domestic politics.

Even if we consider it as a value and principles based move, Small and medium power unless supported by superpowers or strong regional allies, can't afford such luxury. Chances are, meterial odds will outweigh the moral benefits.

If there were multiple regional/international allies closely coordinating such move, it would've made more sense for Türkiye. In this way more or less Backlash and adverse effects are distributed.

Or it could be that president Erdogan knows, a ceasefire is close. So, it would be a short term political Stunt without long term economic repercussions.

Foreign Policy has always been reactionary, look at the Koran burnings for example.
The government has lost many votes to a conservative party because they successfully exploited the economic relations with Israel. Now they're trying to catch up in a race to see which party does more to support Palestinians.

But the average Turk does suffer, because Israel has been one of the few trade positive countries for us.

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 5,082
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Some sources report that PKK acquired the 358 missile from PMU in Iraq. It is thought that this is the missile/loitering munition which hit our UCAVs featured in the recent PKK propaganda video.
If this is true then I sure hope we are preparing for a full blown confrontation with Iran.

America's softening tone against Iran is due to the fact that they see Iran as a counterbalance to Turkic power. Armenia is just their little pawn.

To be fair, our air defence program progress has ben impressive. I have no doubt that a big reason for this is because of Iran.

Iran's conventional forces suck. They can neither launch an invasion, nor defend against a full blown attack (they would resort to guerilla warfare within weeks). However, their missiles and suicide drones are more than annoying. They think they can get away with anything because everybody within the region fears their arsenal. But the second they fully commit to a full missile attack, they will be susceptible to complete annihilation from the air.

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,544
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
If this is true then I sure hope we are preparing for a full blown confrontation with Iran.

Our government are scared of Iran. Iranians always play dirty with us and unfortunately we never answered back. I hope like you that this will change in the future.

Ahmad

Reactions
2 260
Nation of residence
Pakistan
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Turkey should deal with Iranian aggression the same way our country Pakistan dealt with them when they crossed our redline. Iran is always hostile to neighbours countries. They create problems for neighbours. But when deal with force then they became good boys 🤣
Our government are scared of Iran. Iranians always play dirty with us and unfortunately we never answered back. I hope like you that this will change in the future.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,671
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkey should deal with Iranian aggression the same way our country Pakistan dealt with them when they crossed our redline. Iran is always hostile to neighbours countries. They create problems for neighbours. But when deal with force then they became good boys 🤣
He's right. They'll change their tune real quick once we blow the port of Bandar-Abbas to smithereens.
Hell, blow up some oil refineries, assuming they have any?

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,729
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Swedish media | A 72-year-old PKK Kurdish immigrant named Öner Senanik, who is wanted in Turkey on terrorism charges, was caught by the police in a barn in Sweden where he sneaked into to rape horses. Swedish media also wrote that he confessed to the police that he was accused of trying to stab the police officer who caught him and that he was wanted for terrorism in his country. He will now face several charges in Sweden: the first of sexually assaulting a horse (security cameras recorded the rape) and the second of breaking into a stable and defying the authorities and threatening them with a knife.

An ex-HDP candidate from Mardin, known in HDP and PKK circles. Am I shocked? No!

Barry

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Swedish media | A 72-year-old PKK Kurdish immigrant named Öner Senanik, who is wanted in Turkey on terrorism charges, was caught by the police in a barn in Sweden where he sneaked into to rape horses. Swedish media also wrote that he confessed to the police that he was accused of trying to stab the police officer who caught him and that he was wanted for terrorism in his country. He will now face several charges in Sweden: the first of sexually assaulting a horse (security cameras recorded the rape) and the second of breaking into a stable and defying the authorities and threatening him with a knife.

An ex-HDP candidate from Mardin, known in HDP and PKK circles. Am I shocked? No!

Looks like he went for an upgrade on the wife

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,544
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
Swedish media | A 72-year-old PKK Kurdish immigrant named Öner Senanik, who is wanted in Turkey on terrorism charges, was caught by the police in a barn in Sweden where he sneaked into to rape horses. Swedish media also wrote that he confessed to the police that he was accused of trying to stab the police officer who caught him and that he was wanted for terrorism in his country. He will now face several charges in Sweden: the first of sexually assaulting a horse (security cameras recorded the rape) and the second of breaking into a stable and defying the authorities and threatening him with a knife.

Disgusting :sick:

Strong AI

Contributor
Reactions
21 2,311
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

That is not how Mules are made

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,312
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Swedish media | A 72-year-old PKK Kurdish immigrant named Öner Senanik, who is wanted in Turkey on terrorism charges, was caught by the police in a barn in Sweden where he sneaked into to rape horses. Swedish media also wrote that he confessed to the police that he was accused of trying to stab the police officer who caught him and that he was wanted for terrorism in his country. He will now face several charges in Sweden: the first of sexually assaulting a horse (security cameras recorded the rape) and the second of breaking into a stable and defying the authorities and threatening them with a knife.

Eat up and swallow, Sweden!

Iskander

Committed member
Azerbaijan Correspondent
Reactions
9 666
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Putin's inauguration will take place on May 7 in Moscow.
Ahar.az talked with Russian political scientist Evgeny Mikhailov:

- What kind of leaders can we expect at this ceremony?
- “А friends in need is a friend indeed. Perhaps the leaders of Central Asian countries will come. It's hard to predict. Russia is a powerful country. Sooner or later everyone will come with a sweet smile and wish our country greatness. First of all, I look forward to Lukashenko and, of course, Aliyev - because “They are friends. It may be difficult for the leader of one of the great powers, Xi Jinping, to come, but we have normal relations with China.” .But many are afraid to come now.”

Probably everyone here imagines the current geopolitical situation around Russia. It is clear that none of the European leaders will go there. The only exception may be the leaders (or delegations) of Hungary and Slovakia. But I'm interested in Türkiye.
Immediately after the inauguration, Putin plans to make his first visit to China on May 10. After Beijing he will visit Turkey.
Considering all these and other circumstances, it is interesting who will represent Turkey at the upcoming event.

1714815879861.png

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,116
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

They got bored of raping donkeys now they are raping horses.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,820
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

I like this kind of news. This is the sort of news we want to see. instead of all that populism.

With regards to the stopping of all trade with Israel, some of our other trade partners will just increase their purchase and sell exess to Israel, so if we're doing this we should do it properly.

stopping export of things that can be used to harm Palestinian land etc. could be construction material and such. If they ask why, because you can potentially use our construction material in building new residences in lands that belongs to Palestine.

and that kind of argument. Just stopping everything is just plaine stupid.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
61 29,647
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

I like this kind of news. This is the sort of news we want to see. instead of all that populism.

With regards to the stopping of all trade with Israel, some of our other trade partners will just increase their purchase and sell exess to Israel, so if we're doing this we should do it properly.

stopping export of things that can be used to harm Palestinian land etc. could be construction material and such. If they ask why, because you can potentially use our construction material in building new residences in lands that belongs to Palestine.

and that kind of argument. Just stopping everything is just plaine stupid.
Construction materials will be brought into Gaza via Egypt through the Rafah border gate.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,820
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Construction materials will be brought into Gaza via Egypt through the Rafah border gate.
Yes, but what I meant was that some other countries like Egypt, KSA, or UAE might increase their purchase and ship the stuff they don't need to Israel. Circumventing the trade block.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,116
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
More need to be done to combat overfishing.

If fishes are extinct or exhausted. There goes human civilisation.

A shark kills like 1 to 10 humans while we murder millions of them.

Biggest threat we face is those Chinese ships and boats that are plundering everything. They are doing this in Africa and Asia. Turkiye should try to deter Chinese boats and their proxies especially in the Horn of Africa.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom