what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,001
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Let's talk about all that in a single thread that is easy to follow.

the

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wonder why cooperation has only started towards the end of Trump's term. Israel is quite innovative given its size (geographic and economically).

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 4,890
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

Looks like ties may finally be reestablished with Israel. We'll see where this leads.

Another source:

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
17 19,905
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey

Azerbaijan reportedly has been working to try and renew ties between Israel and Turkey.​

President Tayyip Erdogan said on Friday that Turkey would like to have better ties with Israel, adding that talks at intelligence level continued between the two sides.

The two countries have had a bitter falling out in recent years, despite strong commercial ties, expelling ambassadors in 2018. Ankara has repeatedly condemned Israel's occupation in the West Bank and its treatment of Palestinians.

Speaking to reporters after Friday prayers in Istanbul, Erdogan said Turkey had issues with "people at the top level" in Israel and that ties could have been "very different" if it were not for those issues.

"The Palestine policy is our red line. It is impossible for us to accept Israel's Palestine policies. Their merciless acts there are unacceptable," Erdogan said.

"If there were no issues at the top level, our ties could have been very different," he added. "We would like to bring our ties to a better point."

Turkey and Israel, former allies, expelled each other's top diplomats in 2018 over clashes when dozens of Palestinians were killed by Israeli forces on the Gaza border. Ankara and Tel Aviv continue to trade with one another.
Azerbaijan reportedly has been working to try and renew tiesbetween Israel and Turkey, Walla! news reported on Wednesday. Israel and Turkey both offered the government of Azerbaijan's President Ilham Aliyev military support during the 2020 Nagorno-Karabakh War.

Aliyev allegedly phoned Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan this week and suggested various paths into improving diplomatic relations between Turkey and Israel.

Erdogan was reported to respond positively to the overtures, Walla! reported, and officials in Azerbaijan told their Israeli counterparts that the Turkish politician was swayed into anti-Israeli rhetoric due to the influence of former aids.

Last week, Azeri Foreign Minister Jeyhun Bayramov allegedly called Foreign Minister Gabi Ashkenazi to discuss the same issue with the message that his country would be interested to see both of its allies enjoying improved relations.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
57 28,534
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Looks like ties may finally be reestablished with Israel. We'll see where this leads.

Another source:

A peace process is not possible as long as they impose an embargo on Gaza.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think the Syria issue is more important, and the terrorist state they’re trying to build there. FP wise I don’t see Turkey in any strong position or a need for Israel to mend ties as of now.

In my eyes Turkey is more in dire needs of allies than the other way around.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think the Syria issue is more important, and the terrorist state they’re trying to build there. FP wise I don’t see Turkey in any strong position or a need for Israel to mend ties as of now.

In my eyes Turkey is more in dire needs of allies than the other way around.
On the contrary Israel has stepped out of its calm policy and is slowly causing alarms to go off as to how Israel is a threat to the region. Israel needs to ease its tension more than Turkey does.

KKF 2.0

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
On the contrary Israel has stepped out of its calm policy and is slowly causing alarms to go off as to how Israel is a threat to the region. Israel needs to ease its tension more than Turkey does.
1. Rule of Dealing With Israel:

Be aware of the fact that Israel has neither friends nor enemies. If Israel is supporting your opponents, it's a pretty clear sign of a failing foreign policy from your corner of the arena.

Don't mistake Israel's position as pragmatism, though. This is not the case, in fact, Israel's foreign policy is strictly embedded in an ideological framework.

But the Israeli policy makers are rather neutral w.r.t. all Middle Eastern parties.

To sum it up, if Israel is openly or secretly supporting the terror organization PKK, this means that you left a space that got filled by these rats.

Israel neither hates nor loves us and we should plan our foreign policy accordingly.

S

Sinan

A peace process is not possible as long as they impose an embargo on Gaza.
It's not an embargo un Turkey, it's Gaza. Maybe it's very important for radical Islamists and Jihadists. but not for the regular citizens of Turkey.

Last edited by a moderator:

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
I see that lot of turks simp for israel, that is kimd ironic as cionist with help of britain screwed ottoman empire. Nowerdays it is kind of necessity and i can not critique it much as long your eggs are not in one basket.
For me natural alloes of turkey in ideal setup are iran and pakistan with exstension to southeast asia amd central asia amd that is where futue lies, demogrhapic potentital of this countries is huge and evemtually it will reflect on economy to, it would be chatastrofic if you miss that train.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I see that lot of turks simp for israel, that is kimd ironic as cionist with help of britain screwed ottoman empire. Nowerdays it is kind of necessity and i can not critique it much as long your eggs are not in one basket.
For me natural alloes of turkey in ideal setup are iran and pakistan with exstension to southeast asia amd central asia amd that is where futue lies, demogrhapic potentital of this countries is huge and evemtually it will reflect on economy to, it would be chatastrofic if you miss that train.
Your observation is far from reality. A few people sampled on the net do not paint the picture.

Those worked towards the collapse of the Ottoman Empire are many but the main ones are as you defined them. Some of the remaining ones also exist in the current population of Turkey. Most Turks are with the policies of the Turkish government but some have ties with the other side in one way or another.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
10 4,934
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Look my friends this is foreign politics/state interests not sympathy politics.

Normal relations with Israel are important for Turkey also with Egypt, what happened in the past is not of importance anymore, we have to look forward.

Turkey should always follow neutral politics in the ME, neither side with Iranians, Arabs or Israelis.

When you're weak they will screw you up, that's live, that's how nature works.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,001
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I personally have a very basic geopolitical view: business is king.

Business ties make conflicts harder, because they come at a price.

You can still disagree in foreign policy but let's have normal relations with decent sized economies such as Iran, Israel or Egypt. We have so much more to gain if countries were a little bit more operated with business in focus instead of personal vendettas.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

I was wondering whether it's the right thing to have TMF involved in all of these activities. ( I assume the state is shareholder or such in the TMF).

I am not sure that T.C. has financed any of these schools, so taking over these schools must be a burden to Turkey's Economy, and add to that the political implications where these schools might become targettet politically and such.

Though if it was available here in Denmark, I'd definitely would want my child to study there :)

Last edited:

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,001
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
PKK loving McGurk just got a position in the new Biden administration.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom