Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,564
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Now they might not be functioning... They're most likely there for realism purposes. TAI probably went "we gotta update the mock-up, because there has been a design change". You can't have a mock-up that has a different design to the original aircraft that's under development. Look at how the engine intakes are covered. And just take a look at the canopy. There is a MASSIVE gap between it and the fuselage.
Yeah, I have stated those after my OG reply, well not the canopy. Maybe they wanted to show us the increased wing area that led to 5 tons of payload?

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Yeah, I have stated those after my OG reply, well not the canopy. Maybe they wanted to show us the increased wing area that led to 5 tons of payload?
I know I know. Didn't see your reply that's all.

Regarding your question... This aircraft is competing. It's on a tender. TAI wants to export this bird to a lot of countries. So you're probably right. If you want to be transparent with your possible clients, this is one way to do it. Because you see, the OG mock-up has nothing to do with the one we are seeing right now. It almost looks like an entirely new plane. From this point onwards, TAI will probably exhibit this mock-up instead.

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

And just after the Image of the Second Mock-Up has surfaced, the Malaysian PM is visiting Türkiye.

Malaysian Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob will embark on a four-day official visit to Turkey beginning Tuesday (July 5), as both countries strive to strengthen their bilateral and economic ties, as well as cooperation in aerospace and defence industries.

During the visit, Ismail Sabri will be accompanied by

Foreign Minister Datuk Saifuddin Abdullah;
International Trade and Industry Minister Datuk Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali;
Science, Technology and Innovation Minister Datuk Seri Dr Adham Baba;
Minister in the Prime Minister's Department (Special Functions) Datuk Dr Abdul Latiff Ahmad;
Air Force Chief General Tan Sri Mohd Asghar Khan Goriman Khan,
as well as Chief of Army General Tan Sri Zamrose Mohd Zain.

Sazali said that on Wednesday (July 6), the premier will travel to the capital Ankara, where he is scheduled to visit the country’s two major players in defence and aerospace, respectively - MKE Corporation and Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI).

It has been awfully silent around Malaysian Trainer Aircraft Tender.
Hoping the best.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,564
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
And just after the Image of the Second Mock-Up has surfaced, the Malaysian PM is visiting Türkiye.

Malaysian Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob will embark on a four-day official visit to Turkey beginning Tuesday (July 5), as both countries strive to strengthen their bilateral and economic ties, as well as cooperation in aerospace and defence industries.

Minister in the Prime Minister's Department (Special Functions) Datuk Dr Abdul Latiff Ahmad;

Sazali said that on Wednesday (July 6), the premier will travel to the capital Ankara, where he is scheduled to visit the country’s two major players in defence and aerospace, respectively - MKE Corporation and Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI).

Hoping the best.

Probably the last comparison before choosing the LCA

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,741
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania

Hoping the best.

As far as I know regarding the Malaysian offer, it had been narrowed to either Turkey or India. Malaysia can choose to gamble on Turkey and may (in the long run) obtain technology that they may have never thought of achieving or can just take the safe route with India' Tejas which isnt a bad offer per say

All in all, I think that this deal is messed up; I can relate that TAI wanna enter the market but to give away hard sought tech that easily is just wrong IMO! Even if Malaysia refused, Turkey can still find new buyers while preserving their tech for themselves

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Well hello there...

Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 23.52.25.png

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Lieutenant General Hamad Muhammed Thani Al Rumaithi of the United Arab Emirates (who is also the Chief Of Staff) got up close and personal with Hurjet's new mock-up

FW_mI8lX0AA7mtS.jpeg

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
That guy does not look happy or pleased but the deal is beneficial for his country, I hope they are smart enough to choose Turkiye

Might be because nobody can Pronounce his name "Dato' Sri Ismail Sabri bin Yaakob"

Jokes aside they are offering to pay half via Palm Oil. He better accept that deal.

wolveray1

Committed member
Reactions
5 447
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
Datok seri is a title.His name is ismail sabri bin yaakob.Mostly minister in malaysia have title like that.We just called him Ismail

Last edited:

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
That guy does not look happy or pleased but the deal is beneficial for his country, I hope they are smart enough to choose Turkiye
Oh I've seen him laugh during his visit lol He was perhaps trying to grasp what he was being told.

Last edited:

wolveray1

Committed member
Reactions
5 447
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
Frankly,india have given a nice proposal too.They planned to open a maintenance center and spare parts too for SU30.We do have about 18 SU30 jets and spare parts are a problem now with regard to russian.

Top Bottom