Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,215
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why should they make a new mockup while the actual prototype is counting days to emerge.
Must be for ground test as it does not have a pitot tube on the nose or anywhere.

kenny

Committed member
Reactions
1 875
Nation of residence
Japan
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't know if it's used for testing but it's a mockup

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,215
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Everything looks real but the bottom part of the cockpit front is flat and looks unreal.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
No its real prototype , just look at its landing gear
I think so too. But that would mean TAI has entered god mode. I mean this wasn't that long ago was it?

FU9D-qcWIAAzkoE-2.jpeg

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,564
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Everything looks real but the bottom part of the cockpit front is flat and looks unreal.
Well, look at the renders, it is what it should look like, so no problem I suppose. Also, it is not really flat but the lightening and the paint lessens the effect of the curve there

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,564
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
This is a mockup guys.
Why does a mock-up have functioning aerodynamic surfaces, I am 99.9% sure that this is the ground tests prototype. There is literally no need for building a new mock-up when you have a ground tests version

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,564
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Why does a mock-up have functioning aerodynamic surfaces, I am 99.9% sure that this is the ground tests prototype. There is literally no need for building a new mock-up when you have a ground tests version
Nvm, the inlets are blocked and there are cardboard pieces. So yes, a mock-up

But why would they make another mock-up? Maybe for Malaysia?

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Now they might not be functioning... They're most likely there for realism purposes. TAI probably went "we gotta update the mock-up, because there has been a design change". You can't have a mock-up that has a different design to the original aircraft that's under development. Look at how the engine intakes are covered. And just take a look at the canopy. There is a MASSIVE gap between it and the fuselage.

Top Bottom