TR HÜRJET-Advanced Jet Trainer/ Light attack aircraft

Fairon

Reactions
6 885
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
How about EJ200 as alternative? It was a candidate and now the Eurofighter talks are became very sirious.

I know it will cause a change at the aircraft but I am guessing it won't be drastic as twin engine modification.

Last edited:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is because GE is in TEI that we kept relying on it for prototypes. It is probably time to sever ties with GE and call it square for our invested money in the F35.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,749
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
How about EJ2000 as alternative? It was a candidate and now the Eurofighter talks are became very sirious.

I know it will cause a change at the aircraft but I guessing it won't be drastic as twin engine modification.
The Germans

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,749
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is because GE is in TEI that we kept relying on it for prototypes. It is probably time to sever ties with GE and call it square for our invested money in the F35.
GE has been a very beneficial and reliable partner for the Turkish engine industry. Thanks to them we have billions of dollars of worth of contracts and producing the world's most produced engines' parts. We're in the western turbine engine ecosystem. In 2009, GE has basically gifted the blisk manufacturing technology to us. That's not a trivial thing. So, giving up all these gains for the wrongdoings of the US government would only equate to punishing ourselves not GE.

Last edited:

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
A friend of mine talked to the engineers at the fair. That's all we know for now. Soon details begin to fall into the media.
They also sanctioned the prototypes eh? Gotta be a new low for these bastards.

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,520
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
Eh ? Remember when they said it was not necessary to develop an engine for Hurjet ? See the result now. They should have developed an engine from day one. Nothing has been learned from the Altay. Unbelievable.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Eh ? Remember when they said it was not necessary to develop an engine for Hurjet ? See the result now. They should have developed an engine from day one. Nothing has been learned from the Altay. Unbelievable.
It is also funny how they let the F-110's slip and not the F-404's. I'm guessing it has something to do with the set dates above anything.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,539
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
It is also funny how they let the F-110's slip and not the F-404's. I'm guessing it has something to do with the set dates above anything.
imho they will give the engines, they are doing this to ruin reputation

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
That would set us back at least five years and that's if everything goes fine. We have to get those F404s. There's no getting around it.
New situation requires a new approach and a speedier progression towards domestic engines and planes.
We can go full all out on TF6000 development and design a new plane as a twin engine unless a more powerful Hürjet with EJ200 makes more sense.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
GE has been a very beneficial and reliable partner for the Turkish engine industry. Thanks to them we have billions of dollars of worth of contracts and producing the world's most produced engines' parts. We're in the western turbine engine ecosystem. In 2009, GE has basically gifted the blisk manufacturing technology to us. That's not a trivial thing. So, giving up all these gains for the wrongdoings of the US government would equate to punishing ourselves not GE.

We were in a similar situation with LM in TAI now we are better off without them.
Same thing can happen with GE. We can still do their work if they still want but they will not have any say in what we are doing, anyway.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
How crucial is the German contribituon?

I mean we will face the same problem with Eurofighter as well so if the Brits really wants it would it be doable with or without the Germans?
MTU share on EJ200:

33% Development
30% Manufacture

• Development and manufacture of low-pressure compressor, high-pressure compressor and Digital Engine Control and Monitoring Unit (DECMU)
  • Final assembly of engines for the German Air Force and for the Austrian Armed Forces
  • Maintenance in cooperation with the German Armed Forces at MTU in Munich/Erding

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,749
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
They also sanctioned the prototypes eh? Gotta be a new low for these bastards.
Indeed. Sanctioning the prototypes of a trainer aircraft, no less. And If this development is true then we're off of Malaysian tender, too.

This event proves once more that the most important company in Turkey is TEI(maybe alongside ASELSAN). The country's resources should be used to the maximum to make sure they receive all the funding and engineering resources till we're standing on our own. This will be a long decade.

Last edited:

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Indeed. Sanctioning the prototypes of a trainer aircraft no less. If this development is true then also we're off of Malaysian tender too.

This event proves once more that the most important company in Turkey is TEI(maybe alongside ASELSAN). The country's resources should be used to the maximum to make sure they receive all the funding and engineering resources till we're standing on our own. This will be a long decade.
Hurjet is a friggin trainer man. I understand sanctioning later variants or even mass production models. But prototypes? Jesus. They're seriously starting to annoy me now. Anyways I will try to get to the bottom of this.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,571
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
i wonder how much time it would take to revise the bypass ratio on the TF-6000 engine? TF-6000 is pretty much on par with F404 with the only exception being the bypass ratio.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If it doesn't happen in the UK and Ukraine, orders for engines from Russia and China are now reserved, no matter how bad it is. After this time, the design of Hürjet will not change, it's almost March.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom