Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,859
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Then again Akbaba isn't the most reliable person and wouldn't be the first time he spread false information around. Has been caught with his pants down a couple of times already the past 4 years.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
On the contrary, the engine of Hürjet, which will fly, will arrive in January. The integration of the engine is expected to be completed in 2-2.5 months.
Oh boy a lot has changed since I was at TAI then lmao. We will see I guess. I'll look into it as well.

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is something I don't understand. If we do not have the GE F404 engine delivered, why did they design Hürjet based on GE F404? How can they be so sure that they will not experience a second "Altay's Power Pack" disgrace?

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,539
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
There is something I don't understand. If we do not have the GE F404 engine delivered, why did they design Hürjet based on GE F404? How can they be so sure that they will not experience a second "Altay's Power Pack" disgrace?
What you gonna design it with then? Magic carpet?

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What you gonna design it with then? Magic carpet?
They could at least design a two-engine version of the Hürjet. Based on Ukraine engine. At least in that case, when TEI TF10000 was ready, we could use that design without wasting time.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
They could at least design a two-engine version of the Hürjet. Based on Ukraine engine. At least in that case, when TEI TF10000 was ready, we could use that design without wasting time.
It is an easy job to redesign Hürjet for twin engine but a hard job to make the TF10000 engine because it uses critical technologies which we did not have until recently. The US has to take a lot of hit to deny Turkiye the engine for Hürjet which we have seen in the case for Atak shipment to the Philippines. They finally had to ship. We would not make the Hürjet at all if we could not take the risk of an engine sanction from the US which is when we would have lost time. But now the US has to deliver the engine or break ties with the Turkish military all together. Similar situation with the TFX. They either deliver or break ties. They can drag their feet but they have to give in at the end. Until we make our own engines we need to take that risk of delays. Being powerful does not happen smoothly, you are taking some of the power from rivals, it is never a smooth sailing.

Last edited:

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is an easy job to redesign Hürjet for twin engine but a hard job to make the TF10000 engine because it uses critical technologies which we did not have until recently. The US has to take a lot of hit to deny Turkiye the engine for Hürjet which we have seen in the case for Atak shipmet to the Philipinnes. They finally had to ship. We would not make the Hürjet at all if we could not take the risk of an engine sanction crom the US which is when we would have lost time. But now the US has to deliver the engine or break ties with the Turkish military all togather. Similar situation with the TFX. They either deliver or break ties. They can drag their feet but they have to give in at the end. Until we make our own engines we need to take that risk of delays. Being powerful does not happen smoothly, you are taking some of the power from rivals, it is never a smooth sailing.
Sorry, but these arguments are not valid for me! Why didn't Baykar use a USA engine for KE then? IMO Baykar did the right thing and TAI took a very unnecessary risk.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Sorry, but these arguments are not valid for me! Why didn't Baykar use a USA engine for KE then? IMO Baykar did the right thing and TAI took a very unnecessary risk.
What engines do you suggest for TAI projects then?

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Because there are options for that class of engine ?

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Because there are options for that class of engine ?
Based on 2 x AI-322F Ukraine engines. Twin engine Hurjet. May be replaced with TEI TF10000 in the future. But even in this case I would start after the delivery of the engines. Hopefully that F404s will be delivered in January-2023. But my guess is they won't deliver on that date. If they have such intentions, of course! :)

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Based on 2 x AI-322F Ukraine engines. Twin engine Hurjet. May be replaced with TEI TF10000 in the future. But even in this case I would start after the delivery of the engines. Hopefully that F404s will be delivered in January-2023. But my guess is they won't deliver on that date. If they have such intentions, of course! :)
They have 46% share in TEI, we can take it out on them badly if they won't. They can face supply chain problems like we do.

Top Bottom