Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,558
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Temel Kotil called the GE CEO and scolded him. Now they will deliver us the engine produced for another aircraft.
''the engine produced for another aircraft'' very interesting Which variant of F404 we are planing to use for HÜRJET? F404-GE 102 (KAI T-50 17.700 Ib), F404-GE 103 (RED HAWK 17.700 Ib)?

-NOT F404-GE 402(F/A 18 17.700 Ib), F404-GE RIM12(Gripen 18.100 Ib) or F404-IN20 (Tejas 19.000 Ib) for sure I guess ...

Last edited:

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
very interesting Which variant of F404 we are planing to use for HÜRJET? F404-GE 102 (KAI T-50 17.700 Ib), F404-GE 103 (RED HAWK 17.700 Ib)?

-NOT F404-GE 402(F/A 18 17.700 Ib), F404-GE RIM12(Gripen 18.100 Ib) or F404-IN20 (Tejas 19.000 Ib) for sure I guess ...
It is mentioned that it is F404-GE-102, although not certain

Rooxbar

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
41 1,487
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kızıl Elma and Hürjet in terms of their engine needs are absolutely incommensurable. Hürjet is a trainer and trainers do crazy hours and need very sturdy engines with regards to their repairability (and we know how Soviet tech fairs compared to western engines in this respect). Another issue is that two AI-322Fs would weigh almost a 100 kilos more than a F404. Then there's also fuel consumption which is about 20% more.

Last edited:

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mr Ismail Demir: "We made offers to many countries for HÜRJET. We are not only thinking of sales, but also of partnership"

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,114
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Ismail Demir “Hurjet will fly in 2023”.

I fear that this indicates a delay, since he is not specific…

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,401
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
TF-X is moving fast while Hurjet is lagging behind…

feeling mixed about this. Hurjet’s first flight is more important than TF-X’s rollout right now

TAI General Manager Prof. Dr. Temel Kotil:

HÜRJET is doing very well. Getting ready to fly soon. Within the scope of the project, 2 flyable prototype aircraft and 1 static and 1 fatigue test aircraft are produced to be used in test activities.

Turan

Reactions
1 350
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
TUSAŞ:
1672410098218.png

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hürjet rolls out and flies within 3 months after rollout; TFX rolls out and spends 2 years dilly dallying before it can fly. What is the matter with TFX, being twin engine can not be that much harder.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Hürjet rolls out and flies within 3 months after rollout; TFX rolls out and spends 2 years dilly dallying before it can fly. What is the matter with TFX, being twin engine can not be that much harder.
Please note that the aircraft that is going to rollout, is not the prototype that will fly. Most of the systems currently on the plane are prototypes waiting to be tested as well. It's an incredibly complex process.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Please note that the aircraft that is going to rollout, is not the prototype that will fly. Most of the systems currently on the plane are prototypes waiting to be tested as well. It's an incredibly complex process.

Isn't Hurjet going to borrow some systems from Hurkus ?

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
As far as I see, they rushed TFX's prototype and rollout because of some people* that is why, we won't see it flying for a longer time, some parts or design might change, it looks very different than the mockup or previous designs as well, but Hurjet looks finalized, I believe it will fly and LRIP might start sooner than expected.

Same problem with Atak 2, probably rushed.. and it will have engine problems, because Engines = Ukraine = War.. unless they drop Ukrainian engines and use TEI T700..
Prof. Dr. Temel Kotil: Hürjet is doing very well. It is getting ready to fly soon.

Within the scope of the project, two flyable prototype aircraft, one static and one fatigue test aircraft are being produced to be used in test activities.

Last edited:

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
TF-X is moving fast while Hurjet is lagging behind…

feeling mixed about this. Hurjet’s first flight is more important than TF-X’s rollout right now
Probably because Hürjet does not have priority, we need 5th gen urgently so TFX wil get all the attention first.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
As far as I see, they rushed TFX's prototype and rollout because of some people* that is why, we won't see it flying for a longer time, some parts or design might change, it looks very different than the mockup or previous designs as well, but Hurjet looks finalized, I believe it will fly and LRIP might start sooner than expected.

Same problem with Atak 2, probably rushed.. and it will have engine problems, because Engines = Ukraine = War.. unless they drop Ukrainian engines and use TEI T700..
As far as I know, the main reason why Hurjet is delayed isnt because of some people speeding up the program but rather the fact that most of TAI's well-seasoned engineers are solely working on the TFX in a spectacular 3-shifts per day 24/7. In fact, according to previous posts, most of the Hurjet employees are young engineers who are switching back and forth between the TFX and Hurjet in order to gain experience from the older teams and then pour that info into the Hurjet. This takes time and, mistakes are bound to be made which will postpone the completion date. In fact, I remember one member posting a video about some TAI engineers fixing a mistake they made on one of the Hurjet prototypes

Last edited:

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
HURJET consists of around 10,000 parts. After the 4th prototype, an combat aircraft version will also be produced. Except for the Static Test Aircraft, 4 prototypes will be produced in flying condition for HURJET.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Here's another cursory analysis of the current state of TF-X's avionics and computer systems: this time the National Mission Computer, presented by Mustafa Varank back in November. Keep in mind, I am a lowly software engineer, and not a military embedded systems engineer so everything is probably wrong. However, I can say that the NMC appears to be a modern design broadly in line with the US DoD's Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA). Everything is solid-state (no moving parts), unlike the current F-35 ICP, which uses the notoriously hot running IBM PowerPC architecture thus requiring fans. The NMC is likely using a multi-core variant of ÇAKIL as its CPU, which implements the efficient and open-source RISC-V microarchitecture. Its GPU is unknown but the PCI-E slot and AMD Radeon E8860 support listed for Bilgem's Real Time Operating System (GİS) suggests that they are probably using a COTS Radeon E8860 Embedded GPU for the time being.

Presented were two seemingly different components. However, I think the bare board camera-left is a test bench configuration of the complete system camera-right.

Annotated complete NMC in enclosure:
View attachment 52543

Annotated NMC test bench: View attachment 52545

Feedback/corrections from any computer engineers is very much welcome.
I wonder why we gave the flight control computer job of HÜRJET to Malaysia? Is it because of the tender in Malaysia?

Top Bottom