Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,745
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

TUSAŞ General Manager Temel Kotil: [For HÜRJET] "We will attach the ASELSAN radar that can see 100-200 km to it. (probably means AESA). Its nose is made according to it, so it will be the same as the F-16 radar. We will place our missiles on it."
Although it does not overlap one by one exactly, I think there will be a main backbone as follows

F-22, F-35 - MMU KAAN programme
Gripen NG like 4++ light combat jet - Hurjet Naval

??? - KIZILELMA
MQ-25, MQ-20 etc.- ANKA-3 A/B/C

MQ-4, RQ-4 etc - ANKA-II(?), AKINCI(?)
Reaper / Predator - TB-2, ANKA-I , ANKA-AKSUNGUR, AKINCI
GA Mojave - TB-3

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,745
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I assume the fighter version will be single seated.
I think both a navalised combat jet will come through the Hurjet programme and the KAAN programme will be forked with a navalised variant in the future. Two days ago RTE said something interesting. He mentioned that the aircraft carrier work is progressing and that this programme will be launched immediately after the elections. My impression is that the conceptual work on this issue has reached a certain point and the planning could be really matured. We have been discussing these issues in the forums for a long time and we have heard statements from many officials, but the statement like immediately after the elections, next months, at this point, I have the opinion that these preliminary project activities, which have started to mature regardless of the election result, can proceed with whoever takes the goverment.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,766
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mr Kotil: "Hüjet's opponent will be Gripen"
If this is what he wants they really need to increase its payload. Right now, Gripen has more than twice the payload Hürjet has, not to mention it is also faster. I guess a lot will depend on national engine programs and whether Hürjet can get a stronger engine or not.

Kilic93

Reactions
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Turkey
I remember arguing with an Indian guy on this forum where he constantly criticed Turkish made air force projects stating Hurjet's first flight will be 5 to 10 years late. Never underestimate and assume because when youre proven wrong you will look like a fool.

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,860
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I assume the fighter version will be single seated.

The bigger question here is will we see a engine positioned between the TF10000 and TF35000 for a fighter version of Hürjet. A Turkish equalivent of the F404 or better yet F414 will be necessary to fully realize the project. I do not foresee the US granting the sale of F404 or F414 engines which will be used in a armed version. Trainer yes, fighter no.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,783
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The bigger question here is will we see a engine positioned between the TF10000 and TF35000 for a fighter version of Hürjet. A Turkish equalivent of the F404 or better yet F414 will be necessary to fully realize the project. I do not foresee the US granting the sale of F404 or F414 engines which will be used in a armed version. Trainer yes, fighter no.
Once we have a Tf35000 on the bench or on KAAN, we won't be facing any engine embargoes, imo.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,020
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
I remember arguing with an Indian guy on this forum where he constantly criticed Turkish made air force projects stating Hurjet's first flight will be 5 to 10 years late. Never underestimate and assume because when youre proven wrong you will look like a fool.

Fools never learn, you can't fix stupid.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

TUSAŞ General Manager Temel Kotil: [For HÜRJET] "We will attach the ASELSAN radar that can see 100-200 km to it. (probably means AESA). Its nose is made according to it, so it will be the same as the F-16 radar. We will place our missiles on it."

Hurjet, Kizilelma & Akinci all being equipped with MURAD. It's going to be one hell of a airspace picture that command is going to be able to see.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,963
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Hürjet has successfully completed its 6th test flight.

FwPizeNX0AAcjam.jpeg

fushkee

Reactions
4 212
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
When will Hurjet start sharp and rapid flight maneuver? I hope to see them coming.

Top Bottom