Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Barjo

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Contract with Indonesia for the supply of 11 fighters has not been terminated - head of FSMTS

Moscow. June 1st. INTERFAX - The contract for the supply of 11 Su-35 fighters to Indonesia is still in force, Dmitry Shugaev, head of the Russian Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation (FSMTC), told Interfax. "Not torn apart," said Shugaev, answering the agency's question about the status of the contract.

Earlier, Bloomberg, citing an informed anonymous source, reported that Indonesia, under pressure from the United States, refused to purchase 11 Su-35 fighters from Russia for $ 1.1 billion. Bloomberg notes that the decision to abandon the deal was made by the Indonesian authorities after US officials made it clear that they could impose sanctions for the contract with Russia.

Instead, the US offered Indonesia to consider buying F-16 fighters, but Indonesia said it was more interested in negotiating the purchase of more advanced F-35s. Russia and Indonesia signed a contract to supply 11 Su-35 fighters in February 2018 - six months after the United States passed the Countering America's Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA). The law, in particular, provides for sanctions against customers of products of Russian defense enterprises.

Read more:

Still what the airforce need and MoD want are seem to be "esok tempe sore dele"

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Contract with Indonesia for the supply of 11 fighters has not been terminated - head of FSMTS

Moscow. June 1st. INTERFAX - The contract for the supply of 11 Su-35 fighters to Indonesia is still in force, Dmitry Shugaev, head of the Russian Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation (FSMTC), told Interfax. "Not torn apart," said Shugaev, answering the agency's question about the status of the contract.

Earlier, Bloomberg, citing an informed anonymous source, reported that Indonesia, under pressure from the United States, refused to purchase 11 Su-35 fighters from Russia for $ 1.1 billion. Bloomberg notes that the decision to abandon the deal was made by the Indonesian authorities after US officials made it clear that they could impose sanctions for the contract with Russia.

Instead, the US offered Indonesia to consider buying F-16 fighters, but Indonesia said it was more interested in negotiating the purchase of more advanced F-35s. Russia and Indonesia signed a contract to supply 11 Su-35 fighters in February 2018 - six months after the United States passed the Countering America's Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA). The law, in particular, provides for sanctions against customers of products of Russian defense enterprises.

Read more:

"Keep our options open" stuff.

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Lockheed salesman still breathing down prabowo neck till now :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
https://fb.watch/5Vf1DDcLPb/
1622770307608.png

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Depending on how you classify "major" cities here, it could take months.
I am pretty sure that the Major City i mentioned above isn't as big as New York.

But, the role of paratroops is to bring surprize attack and secure possible strategic location and eait for the main body army.

Paratroops suddenly to our Island without any support or well planning in our major city? thats is

I never mentions that entire paratroop airlift is alone.

I just mentioned, "If only that 16 plane fully loaded with paratroop"
Not, in conjuctions with other aspect

Barjo

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I am pretty sure that the Major City i mentioned above isn't as big as New York.

But, the role of paratroops is to bring surprize attack and secure possible strategic location and eait for the main body army.

I never mentions that entire paratroop airlift is alone.

I just mentioned, "If only that 16 plane fully loaded with paratroop"
Not, in conjuctions with other aspect
If they not dumb as hell as you told they should study much about Spoor, student and Montgomery experient at least as we did in seroja, so "if" is false word in any real military ops

Troops need a landing zone major city is not ideal place (dili, and normandy) to many obstacle, they need a landing zone that easy to defence (marketgarden experience) and Krai from spoor, it takes more than a single operation to succes occupied a single city Yogyakarta. And landing in island of creete/kreta... German studied it in hardest way

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,029
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
To do para dropping one need a real Air Superiority condition over their enemies

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It wont be easy to pass the draft from the house
Looks like 7 fraction in the House of Representatives supported the draft and 2 fraction objected.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Looks like 7 fraction in the House of Representatives supported the draft and 2 fraction objected.

Before passing to parliament, it should pass Minister of Finance and Minister of Planning first, and then it should go to Presiden, and unlike what Alman said in YT channel, Presiden has veto whether he want it to pass or not, regardless what all of his minister decision.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
So this is the last step?

Yup, after going to President, then it goes to parliament. How come presidential decree is made y Mindef, Mindef can only give draft that can be approved, changed, or rejected by President

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,900
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Alright then.
Now I demand some good stuff 😠

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
PAN and Democrat is still rational, I will vote one of this parties in 2024 inshaAllah

You're against this? I thought you fully support KFX project. Without this $79 bil money we won't have the $2 bil required to pay for it. The MoF & Bappenas only approved $1.1 bil and that's not for KFX but for F-5E replacement.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
You're against this? I thought you fully support KFX project. Without this $79 bil money we won't have the $2 bil required to pay for it. The MoF & Bappenas only approved $1.1 bil and that's not for KFX but for F-5E replacement.

KFX is only less than 2 billion USD, we dont need this President Decree. This plan will slash KFX market beyond that 48 and many more. PT PAL Director also said better use unmanned submarine that is much cheaper and he even has made the design.

Our GDP will be huge insha ALLAH in 2030, the plan will only suppress our local defense industry future market.

If we have had that already approved 20 billion USD, it is already good. Just let our defense industry to mature and 6 year from now they can make most weapon inshaAllah (of course many components are still imported). Better save the money to push our economy into 2 trillion USD in 2030 inshaAllah and spend most budget for our local defense industry.

I dont dream Indonesia to be the next Saudi or UAE, I dream Indonesia to be the next China

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,177
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
And now we are talking about different timeframe of wish fullfilment .....

Sigh ..

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Will our gov make bulk order? Having mini sub in large quantity quite good like korean people navy.

Our new PT PAL Director is quite expert, why dont you check what he said in the media ? The mini sub will be unmanned and use AI and also has torpedos inside.

He said it will be much cheaper. But I think before we make them, better wait until we can make complete submarine by continuing the second batch Chang Bogo program, so need some years

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom