Latest Thread

Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,871
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
As i said before, US trying to get AEW/C and Poseidon deal, that's alone will cost us an arm and legs. Not to mention other "recehan" the likes of Blackhawk and stuff...
Is there any other slot to give to super flanker?
(If we get 36 Rafale and 15 typhoon)

If buying rafale, typhoon, aew, poseidon, other US stuf cost us an arm and legs how we can pursue super flanker?

Last edited:

Djketoprak

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If Rafale and Typhoon will come to our arsenal. Is that possible to transfer our Sukhoi fleet into TNI AL?? And our Sukhoi fleet change the role into maritime air strike like IL-28 in the past

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,575
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If Rafale and Typhoon will come to our arsenal. Is that possible to transfer our Sukhoi fleet into TNI AL?? And our Sukhoi fleet change the role into maritime air strike like IL-28 in the past
Bureaucracy will come in your way.

l3onhard

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
As i said before, US trying to get AEW/C and Poseidon deal, that's alone will cost us an arm and legs. Not to mention other "recehan" the likes of Blackhawk and stuff...
Surrender it to the power of foreign loan..

Aassdimenso

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
1607416480252.png

if we really gonna get 36 rafale then prabowo need to ask Ministry of Finance for foreign credit allotment in the amount of around USD 8 Billion and what suprise me is it seems acquisition cost of f-18 more or less is the same as rafale i really thought f-18 will be cheaper.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,871
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
View attachment 8139

if we really gonna get 36 rafale then prabowo need to ask Ministry of Finance for foreign credit allotment in the amount of around USD 8 Billion and what suprise me is it seems acquisition cost of f-18 more or less is the same as rafale i really thought f-18 will be cheaper.
Didn't SM already say okay if we pay it with loan?
@Madokafc

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Wedgetail and Poseidon alone will cost an arm and legs, they are very expensive stuff to begin with.
Well TNI-AU do seriously in need of AEW&C while the P8 could provide the necessary data set that the US need on North Natuna Sea (this way they don't need to fly their own Poseidon from our territory)

Blackhawk but no Chinook or Osprey? Personally I don't see any role for the Blackhawk (or S-70i) that can't be filled by our licensed produce ScaryBus Helicopter line up. Hopefully there is someone here who able to enlightened us as what advantage does S-70i could provide that can't be filled by Caracal or Super Puma?

If buying rafale, typhoon, aew, poseidon, other US stuf cost us an arm and legs how we can pursue super flanker?
We don't. Our gov't will most likely kept the deal status hanging to avoid offending Putin

View attachment 8139

US FMS tend to come with more punches in a single sales package. Moreover, even at similar procurement cost, the operating cost will be differed

Aassdimenso

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
also make me wonders why the heck prabowo ignores F-16V even thought realistically speaking for now it's the best fighter for TNI AU with $8 billion we could get 66 F-16V (Taiwan DSCA) instead of 36 rafale and the most important thing is TNI AU actually hoping to get more f-16 on the opposites as far a i know cmiiw TNI AU never express any interest on europeans fighter.

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
also make me wonders why the heck prabowo ignores F-16V even thought realistically speaking for now it's the best fighter for TNI AU with $8 billion we could get 66 F-16V (Taiwan DSCA) instead of 36 rafale and the most important thing is TNI AU actually hoping to get more f-16 on the opposites as far a i know cmiiw TNI AU never express any interest on europeans fighter.
My best guess is, his aiming for a bigger deal overall with European be that with Airbus, or Naval Group, etc. Furthermore, I'm guessing (again) there is a lot of trade agreement on the side (palm oil could be one)

Aassdimenso

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Didn't SM already say okay if we pay it with loan?
@Madokafc
from the info i got from other forum kemenkeu gave prabowo foreign credit allotment of multi years credit line of USD 3 Bio. Those USD 3 Bio allotment seems from calculation of Su-35 and F-16V. If Prabowo wants to change it to all Rafale (for example), the allotment will not change much. it's only a rumours take it with a grain of salt (credit to Ananda)

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
from the info i got from other forum kemenkeu gave prabowo foreign credit allotment of multi years credit line of USD 3 Bio. Those USD 3 Bio allotment seems from calculation of Su-35 and F-16V. If Prabowo wants to change it to all Rafale (for example), the allotment will not change much. it's only a rumours take it with a grain of salt (credit to Ananda)

30 Billion US Dollar slot

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,575
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
$8B for half the number you can have with the V's?

Don't this guy ever think of attrition in combat or non combat scenario? Number is important.

Aassdimenso

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
30 Billion US Dollar slot
is that final amounts of foreign credit allowance?

because few months ago there are a lot of rumors about the amount of foreign credit proposal ranging from 20 billions to 47 billions USD.

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
View attachment 8139

I'm shocked to read this. I honestly thought SHornet would be waaaaaaaaaayyyyy cheaper. It's even more expensive than Rafale, and without weapons too???

I once said that SHornet is the cheapest double engine here. Really sorry guys I have misled you.

Su 35? They are not cancelled yet

I know that we'll instantly become a joke to everybody, but the idea of having Rafale, Eurofighter, and SU-35 at the same time would be "cetar membahana". Especially if Bu Sri Mulyani decided to just go with it :D

Wedgetail and Poseidon will put us directly into a whole new level. We have to say yes to this.

My best guess is, his aiming for a bigger deal overall with European be that with Airbus, or Naval Group, etc. Furthermore, I'm guessing (again) there is a lot of trade agreement on the side (palm oil could be one)

I agree with this. Maybe it's not really just the aircraft or the sub or anything, but we aim for the extra businesses that we can get to help a bit with the economy.

That's probably one of the reason we don't go for F-16V. We have got GSP deal back already. Wedgetail & Poseidon is enough as the sweetener. We decide to get more similar economical advantage from non-US countries.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
RANGKAIAN SERTIFIKASI OERLIKON SKYSHIELD AIR DEFENCE SYSTEM BUATAN RHEINMETALL AIR DEFENCE AG SWISS

Tim Pelaksana Teknis Sertifikasi Kelaikudaraan Militer Kemhan (Tim IMAA) melaksanakan proses Sertifikasi Kelaikan Militer Air Defence System Oerlikon Skyshield buatan Rheinmetall Air Defence AG Swiss di Lanud Iswahjudi Madiun pada November Desember 2020. Kegiatan Validasi Desain sebelumnya telah dilaksanakan IMAA (Indonesian Military Airworthiness Authority) pada bulan November 2019 di fasilitas Rheinmetall Air Defence AG, Zurich Switzerland termasuk di fasilitas LIG Nex1 Co., Ltd Seoul Korea, pembuat Chiron Manpads yang diintegrasikan dengan Oerlikon Skyhiled.

PSU Oerlikon merupakan Sistem Pertahanan Udara yang dapat di deploy secara mobile untuk target udara jarak dekat. Satu Firing Unit (FU) terdiri 1 (satu) Fire Control Unit (Sensor Unit, Command Post, & Optical Sight), 2 (dua) Revolver Gun Mk2 & Ammunition dan sampai 4 (empat) Chiron MANPADS. TNI AU melalui Kemenhan RI sebelumnya telah mempersenjatai Korpaskhas TNI AU dengan 4 FU Oerlikon Skyshield pada tahun 2014, dan menambah 3 FU pada tahun 2020 ini. Secara desain, pengadaan 2020 terdapat sedikit perbedaan dengan tahun 2014, terutama penambahan Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) pada Sensor Unit sehingga dapat menginterogasi target yang terdeteksi oleh Radar.

Ketua Tim IMAA dalam closing briefing dengan pihak penyedia Rheinmetall AG Swiss menyampaikan, bahwa secara 3 FU telah berfungsi sesuai dengan desainnya, termasuk beberapa kali pengujian dengan pesawat T-50 dan SU-27/30 TNI AU yang sedang melakukan latihan rutin di Pangkalan TNI AU Iswahjudi Madiun. Sesuai kontrak, Sertifikat Kelaikan Militer dari Puslaik Kemhan akan diterbitkan setelah setelah pelaksanaan Firing System Test yang berbarengan dengan latihan rutin Paskhasau pada pertengahan tahun 2021. (Sumber: Inspektur Kelaikan Madya Moda Udara, Desember 2020).

Link :

So we got more Skyshield system

Agent_G

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
RANGKAIAN SERTIFIKASI OERLIKON SKYSHIELD AIR DEFENCE SYSTEM BUATAN RHEINMETALL AIR DEFENCE AG SWISS

Tim Pelaksana Teknis Sertifikasi Kelaikudaraan Militer Kemhan (Tim IMAA) melaksanakan proses Sertifikasi Kelaikan Militer Air Defence System Oerlikon Skyshield buatan Rheinmetall Air Defence AG Swiss di Lanud Iswahjudi Madiun pada November Desember 2020. Kegiatan Validasi Desain sebelumnya telah dilaksanakan IMAA (Indonesian Military Airworthiness Authority) pada bulan November 2019 di fasilitas Rheinmetall Air Defence AG, Zurich Switzerland termasuk di fasilitas LIG Nex1 Co., Ltd Seoul Korea, pembuat Chiron Manpads yang diintegrasikan dengan Oerlikon Skyhiled.

PSU Oerlikon merupakan Sistem Pertahanan Udara yang dapat di deploy secara mobile untuk target udara jarak dekat. Satu Firing Unit (FU) terdiri 1 (satu) Fire Control Unit (Sensor Unit, Command Post, & Optical Sight), 2 (dua) Revolver Gun Mk2 & Ammunition dan sampai 4 (empat) Chiron MANPADS. TNI AU melalui Kemenhan RI sebelumnya telah mempersenjatai Korpaskhas TNI AU dengan 4 FU Oerlikon Skyshield pada tahun 2014, dan menambah 3 FU pada tahun 2020 ini. Secara desain, pengadaan 2020 terdapat sedikit perbedaan dengan tahun 2014, terutama penambahan Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) pada Sensor Unit sehingga dapat menginterogasi target yang terdeteksi oleh Radar.

Ketua Tim IMAA dalam closing briefing dengan pihak penyedia Rheinmetall AG Swiss menyampaikan, bahwa secara 3 FU telah berfungsi sesuai dengan desainnya, termasuk beberapa kali pengujian dengan pesawat T-50 dan SU-27/30 TNI AU yang sedang melakukan latihan rutin di Pangkalan TNI AU Iswahjudi Madiun. Sesuai kontrak, Sertifikat Kelaikan Militer dari Puslaik Kemhan akan diterbitkan setelah setelah pelaksanaan Firing System Test yang berbarengan dengan latihan rutin Paskhasau pada pertengahan tahun 2021. (Sumber: Inspektur Kelaikan Madya Moda Udara, Desember 2020).

Link :

In 2020 the Oerlikon Skyshield Gun MK3 if the Oerlikon Skyshield MK2 hasn't used IFF.

The plan KASAU to purchase MK3 is 11 units of FU, maybe 3 units of FU have just arrived.

I quote the words from Indomiliter Link with Bahasa Indonesia I translate to English.

Along with the release of the Oerlikon Skyshield MK3, Rheinmetall also introduced the Skynex Air Defense system, which is of course linked to canons and radars. At IDEX 2017 which took place in Abu Dhabi last February, Rheinmetall released the X-TAR3D search radar. This modular unmanned radar system with ECCM (Electronic counter-countermeasure) capability becomes a tracking sense for the Skyshield canon, on this radar an IFF (Identification Friend or Foe) process is also carried out.

frashis79

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
In 2020 the Oerlikon Skyshield Gun MK3 if the Oerlikon Skyshield MK2 hasn't used IFF.

The plan KASAU to purchase MK3 is 11 units of FU, maybe 3 units of FU have just arrived.

I quote the words from Indomiliter Link with Bahasa Indonesia I translate to English.

Along with the release of the Oerlikon Skyshield MK3, Rheinmetall also introduced the Skynex Air Defense system, which is of course linked to canons and radars. At IDEX 2017 which took place in Abu Dhabi last February, Rheinmetall released the X-TAR3D search radar. This modular unmanned radar system with ECCM (Electronic counter-countermeasure) capability becomes a tracking sense for the Skyshield canon, on this radar an IFF (Identification Friend or Foe) process is also carried out.

Do the previous MK2 can be upgraded into MK3?

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Lol, that's Typhoon is on behalf of PT DI lobby, meanwhile they will get some projects from Rafale deals
I know, but looking at project they are already into such as emlu, possible KFC continuation, N219 production, UAV, I seriously doubt they have enough human resources and other resources to get it done. I hope Im wrong because I hate it at the end of the day they going to be asking for state fund placement or being late in delivery for their other order just like they did before.
AFAIK MoD asked for $20 bil total up until 2024. How much they going to be disburse yearly is up to Kemenkeu and MoD. This multiyears payment systems is rather new so I think Kemenhan and Kemenkeu will work closely together to prepare for the project funding.

The $30-$40 bil is the rumour of ceiling credit line French is willing to open for us.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom