Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Nope, MoD is not interested anymore in (4th gen) single engine fighter, that's why US pushing for double engine fighter right now.

Currently, the top list on MoD eyes is Rafale. Sigh, If only US agreed on selling f35 to us
Thats ok my man, it prolly blessing in disguise. F-15 is the perfect replacement for SU-35 which can fulfill the AU need of 2 sqa heavy fighters. If somehow beyond all the mountain of doubts we manage to get couple of F-15 then the Medium one will most likely goes to Rafale. Only then we can all sit down and think why we only have below 40% of fighter readyness 😁 But thats prolly ok since we have Sishankamrata as a doctrine, perhaps all the dukuns can join forces and deflect any incoming missiles :sneaky::sneaky:

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,866
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Nope, MoD is not interested anymore in (4th gen) single engine fighter, that's why US pushing for double engine fighter right now.

Currently, the top list on MoD eyes is Rafale. Sigh, If only US agreed on selling f35 to us
But our remaining time is very limited for us to secure American fighter now. 😔

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Koopsau I Adakan Pelatihan Communication Tactical Data Link System (CTDLS)​

13 Desember 2020

Pelatihan Communication Tactical Data Link System di Koopsau 1 (photo : TNI AU)
TNI AU. Puskodal Koopsau I menyelenggarakan pelatihan Communication Tactical Data Link System (CTDLS) bekerjasama dengan PT. LEN Industri (Persero). Communication Tactical Data Link System (CTDLS) merupakan sistem yang memungkinkan pertukaran data dari unit udara dan darat melalui jaringan data link. CTDLS terdiri dari tiga bagian sistem, yaitu Airbone Unit, Base Station Unit, dan Command Control (C2) Unit.
Pemateri langsung diberikan oleh tenaga ahli dari PT LEN Industri antara lain: Muhammad Rubiyanto P., Mutiara Citra W., Novy Mustikawati, Tria Yuda P. Adapun materi yang disampaikan meliputi operasional (operasional C2 System, operasional SAVS, operational Network Monitoring System, operational Basestation Monitoring System, operational Video Client, operational Voice Communication System) dan pemeliharaan CTDLS. Jakarta, Jumat (11/12/2020).
“Pelatihan ini bertujuan untuk tranfer pengetahuan serta penyiapan SDM, baik personel operator maupun personel teknisi dalam mengawaki perangkat CTDLS guna penyajian data operasi dalam proses komando pengendalian.” Tegas Kapuskodal
Pelatihan yang dilaksanakan selama lima hari ini telah dibuka oleh Kapuskodal Koopsau I Letkol Pnb Erwin Harfansa, M.Tr(Han) mewakili Pangkoopsau I, pada tanggal 7 Desember 2020 dan hari ini(11/12) ditutup secara resmi oleh beliau. Pelatihan diikuti oleh 10 orang peserta terdiri dari 5 orang dari Satkomlek Koopsau i dan 5 orang anggota dari satuan Puskodal Koopsau I.
(TNI AU)

Initial_D

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It seem the US is not offering us with the latest version of F-15 or F-18 :(

Soman45

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
i don't know about the F-15 one, some said they offered us EX variant, the other said it is E/F but US offered us the lastest variant of F-18 which is block III

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,866
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I don't believe airspace review anymore. They said US didn't want to give us AESA radar when in fact they offer us F16V.
And from their articles pretty obvious they have some Russian bias.

Last edited:

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I don't believe airspace review anymore. They said US didn't want to give us AESA radar when in fact they offer us F16V.

Aesa radar in fact is pretty standard equipment for modern fourth generation plus fighter, as even South Korea is capable to developing them, if not countries like Sweden, France and Israel is able to supply them. Thus they are no longer cutting edge technology warrant higher level protection even from US partner such as Indonesia. It was just a fighter OEM who still promoting PESA radar as their default featured unit is being questionable for Indonesia future use, especially when used them against AESA equipped Chinese made Flanker.

kooppyyy

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
That's just an opinion piece from "purnawirawan perwira tinggi TNI AU" not from someone in Kemenhan or anyone directly involved in the deal for that matter. And as what @Umigami was saying and myself been saying in the old forum, Airspace Review is biased.

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
There are some truth from the airspacereview article tho, but it might not be the case in todays race between US and China. If we look at the F-35, it is truth that US one might be more superior compare to others but to make latest hornet and eagle unavaiable to us is somewhat premature way of thinking.

I do agree with the purnawirawan in terms of not to have the used one.

Between Eagle and Hornet for Sq 14 there is no doubt that Eagle is the best platform. And I think we should try to get it while we have the chance. IMO in decades to come even after the end of Sukhoi life we would still need heavy fighter platform at least 2 Sq for east and west coverage. But then again having price tag around $138 mil each surely make our MoD think twice.

This is why I personally like the idea of original AU plan to have 1 sq of SU-35 ($70++ for each frame) and F-16V in their original Renstra. We build enough airframe quantity to transation our force into fully western platform/avionics. By the time SU-35 have to be retired we should have enough western platform in adequate quantity to cover the whole region with the supporting infrastructure (all west). It should be smooth transition and not a very costly one.

Planning to have 170+ fighter is something great, but being unable to answer to detail timeline and transition plan showed that it just a goal without strategic planning. We do have strategic planing AFAIK in a form of Resntra TNI-AU. Dropping/Challenging current strategic planning without even make new one is pretty silly imo.

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Why would anyone mined a swamp?
Because at the time, IF someone going to infiltrate that particular base, the swamp is the most logical route to do so.

Most (if not all) Indonesia defence blogs have strong leaning toward Russian

Initial_D

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
US MIC (Military Industrial Complex) doesn't practice such business (as far I'm aware of) Doing so doesn't inject enough $ into their economy thus doesn't help to Make America Great Again
It seem it's possible to lease used jet fighter from the U.S, if we really do have to wait 7 years before the jet that we purchased arrive, leasing used one could be a good choices considering the situation up north

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It seem it's possible to least used jet fighter from the U.S, if we really do have to wait 7 years before the jet that we purchased arrive, leasing used one could be a good choices considering the situation up north

Indian leased always had further acquisition option on it

Initial_D

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Indian leased always had further acquisition option on it
If you're talking about buying it at the end of the lease time I don't mind it, beside we already had plans on various U.S made millitary hard ware acquisitions anyways

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It seem it's possible to lease used jet fighter from the U.S, if we really do have to wait 7 years before the jet that we purchased arrive, leasing used one could be a good choices considering the situation up north
Oh wow, that means introducing yet again new platform for themselves? :eek:
Anyway that intrigue me to learn more about this military assets leasing arrangement. Prolly suited for stopgap? Also this lease can be tailored to overcome/deal with the undang-undang that prevent us to buy used assets (by having options to freely have them at the end of terms or buy at low price)? Pretty interesting option to explore I must say 😄

The lease Akula class submarine as well right? 2 of them if Im not mistaken, it will be interesting to see if they going to buy them once the lease is done.

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Its seem they had a change of business practice. The question is how fast Boeing could deliver those jets to their customer regardless of procurement scheme

Top Bottom