Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Dun...dun...dun...dun sad moment for our eastern weapons indeed

View attachment 14945

oh boy their fans are not gonna like this

How much can we get from selling 16 SU-27/30? $300 mil? The new price is probably around $40 - $50 mil only.

The only way we can replace one squadron with $300 mil is by buying second hand fighters.

Last edited:

reashot_xigwin

Reactions
Nation of residence
Vanuatu
Nation of origin
Vanuatu
How much can we get from selling 16 SU-27/30? $300 mil? The new price is probably around $40 - $50 mil only.

The only way we can replace one squadron with $300 mil is buying second hand fighters.
I assume we will be selling this to the vietnamese because it says that we are thinking of selling it to another Rusky equipments operator in the region?

reashot_xigwin

Reactions
Nation of residence
Vanuatu
Nation of origin
Vanuatu
Apart from us, there are 3 other countries who operate Sukhoi in SE Asia :

- Vietnam
- Myanmar
- Malasya
Beside Vietnam with a chinese threat looming over. I don't see the burmese (with their political crisis) or the malaysian having the money or be desperate enough to buy second hand russian assets from us. The deal also include hinds btw.

The most likely buyer is vietnamese in my opinions but I don't mind if I'm proven wrong as long as we can get rid of our russian equipments.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,784
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Apart from us, there are 3 other countries who operate Sukhoi in SE Asia :

- Vietnam
- Myanmar
- Malasya
- vietnam : biggest possibility
- myanmar : they'll be a huge boost for their AF. But it's kind of giving power to PKC allies, isn't it?
- Malaysia : lowest possibility, already has advance MKM. And I hear they kind of "kapok" with russian stuff too just like us.

How about selling them to privately owned aggressor squadron?

Soman45

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
it looks like from @Defenceview and @forummerahputih source it's almost confirm (and most likely) our AEW&C platform will be from SAAB

this one is from @forummerahputih today
1614149675503.jpeg

and this one is from defenceview
1614149563784.jpeg

Last edited:

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Btw, there is motion for Indonesia foreign policy including policy to procure major Arms to lean toward the US, French and UK (as Big Five ) along with other their allies including Japan, Germany and South Korea and at the same time trying to ditch Russian and China option altogether if it can be done.
dang I miss that one. When that happen? Whose pushing it?

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,605
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Dun...dun...dun...dun sad moment for our eastern weapons indeed

View attachment 14945

oh boy their fans are not gonna like this
I remember watching closely and felt in awe when those Sukhois were flying and maneuvering several times on different occasions. Those jets are indeed magnificent birds and sight to behold.

But my admiration somehow faded when I found out how much it cost us to operate and to maintain them. Not to mention that we had to ship back at least some those planes for engine maintenance and/or replacement.

So if the air force finally decide to sell those jets, then more power to them.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,103
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Better to sell those Flankers to private companies playing aggressor squadron in America, they're going to pay huge sum of money for Russian 4th gen jets. Selling one to Vietnam is a suicide, we're not on good terms with Vietnam.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,605
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
it looks like from @Defenceview and @forummerahputih source it's almost confirm (and most likely) our AEW&C platform will be from SAAB

View attachment 14947

View attachment 14946
Does anyone remember when was the first hint of Erieye for our AWACS appeared on Indonesian defence forums? Be it on K*skus or elsewhere? It feels like eons ago for me... :oops:

reashot_xigwin

Reactions
Nation of residence
Vanuatu
Nation of origin
Vanuatu
Better to sell those Flankers to private companies playing aggressor squadron in America, they're going to pay huge sum of money for Russian 4th gen jets. Selling one to Vietnam is a suicide, we're not on good terms with Vietnam.
4z92o8.jpg

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

View attachment 14947

View attachment 14946

We're going to buy FREMM?? That's bloody fantastic! For me that's even better news than the fighters.

We're so damn rich :D

edit : sorry this is supposed to be TNI AU thread

reashot_xigwin

Reactions
Nation of residence
Vanuatu
Nation of origin
Vanuatu
We're going to buy FREMM?? That's bloody fantastic! For me that's even better news than the fighters.

We're so damn rich :D

edit : sorry this is supposed to be TNI AU thread
Can't believe I missed those. Maybe because I never used to receive (good news) before and just didn't notice it.

AWACS first though 🤤
Eu9HtGcVkAIl466

Last edited:

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,784
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The only significant weakness of global eye is no aerial refuelling capability.

Captain Wales

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
if the base aircraft is bombardier global then range wouldn't be an issue considering the civilian version got about 10.000+ km of range (maybe less due to drag after we added radar)

but yea aerial refueling would be nice addition

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

if the base aircraft is bombardier global then range wouldn't be an issue considering the civilian version got about 10.000+ km of range (maybe less due to drag after we added radar)

but yea aerial refueling would be nice addition
Lack of feature yes, but unless we want''t to conduct expeditionary operation, aerial refuelling for it is non issue for 🇮🇩 condition. 🇮🇩 already have hundreds of unsinkable aircraft carrier, much simpler (not to mention cheaper) that way.

Top Bottom