Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,398
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
However F-15 SG, K, SA and QA; F-16 Block 70 are examples of export versions that are better that what being used by USAF at the time of their acquisition
I'm not talking about the weapon systems, but the way to acquire that, which is FMS. It's not just about weapon systems, there are a lot of people that involved on the acquisitions and all of them have their own interests.

schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,398
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Did we cancel Osprey?
Seretnya kerasa.

Btw, that will be stupid to capture me using intelligence service in this democratic environment, they need more plausible deniability, local PP maybe wkwk

I'm not pointing finger at individual, just a suspicion without evidence.

Last edited:

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It's significantly harder to corrupt an FMS deal since everything is detailed to the letter.

This is a myth. There was a huge corruption case regarding our F-16 procurement in the past.

So huge that they eventually have to sacrifice a one-star general to get a life sentence without any clear evidence to prevent others from getting caught.

schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,398
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
This is a myth. There was a huge corruption case regarding our F-16 procurement in the past.

So huge that they eventually have to sacrifice a one-star general to get a life sentence without any clear evidence to prevent others from getting caught.

He just stupid tho. If you want to corrupt, use front company, if just like him ya ketauan banget orang duitnya gak dibayarin.

Buat PT untuk rekanan pengadaan and sell your goods to the consumer. Jadi konsumer misal mau beli Tank, beli nya ke PT rekanan pengadaan itu, bukan ke OEM nya. Nah, mark up nya di PT rekanan pengadaan itu.

With FMS scheme what you got is G to G instead of B to G alias tanpa rekanan.

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
He just stupid tho. If you want to corrupt, use front company, if just like him ya ketauan banget orang duitnya gak dibayarin.

Buat PT untuk rekanan pengadaan and sell your goods to the consumer. Jadi konsumer misal mau beli Tank, beli nya ke PT rekanan pengadaan itu, bukan ke OEM nya. Nah, mark up nya di PT rekanan pengadaan itu.

With FMS scheme what you got is G to G instead of B to G alias tanpa rekanan.

All of our F-16 were bought using FMS scheme.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,856
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

How did they could investigate this case and prosecute him in the first place?
Because of FMS's transparency...

schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,398
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
All of our F-16 were bought using FMS scheme.
Tapi sama tu pelaku duitnya gak dibayarin, sayang, ketauan lah, itulah goblok nya pelaku. Kalo mau nakal tu ya pinter dikit.

"‎Jadi dia seharusnya membayarkan kontrak, berdasarkan termin-termin pembayaran. Ketika waktunya membayar itu ada sesuatu yang disalahgunakan, ‎dia tidak membayarkan uang pembelian alutsista tersebut," kata Kepala Pusat Komunikasi dan Informasi Publik Brigjen Djundan Eko Bintora saat berbincang dengan Liputan6.com, Jumat (9/12/2016).

Source:

Last edited:

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,856
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
That guy was just one unlucky pawn. This so called "transparency" prevented most of the crooks including the big ones from getting caught.
Then how about all that Europe, Russian, and Chinese deal we have so far?

What mechanism they have to make them any better to prevent something like this?

Last edited:

wekiweko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Barbados
I'm not talking about the weapon systems, but the way to acquire that, which is FMS. It's not just about weapon systems, there are a lot of people that involved on the acquisitions and all of them have their own interests.
considering that FMS uses a G to G scheme and as quoted by Chestnut that it being the safest scheme from any "unique" and "funny" variables, perhaps it is the reason of why it is not that popular here. Am not trying to insinuate anything but it is a possibility

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,539
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Why not lobbying for some US naval systems instead? Using MoD-MoFA combo.

Chestnut

Professional
Reactions

This corruption is stemmed from our side misquoting the actual amount of funds needed for the products that were to be procured, thus more funds were allocated then normal. The fact that he was easily caught is a testament to how hard it is to get away with corrupting an FMS deal.

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Then how about all that Europe, Russian, and Chinese deal we have so far?

What mechanism they have to make them any better to prevent something like this?

In case you forget, we just successfully sealed our huge mega deal to buy FREMM from Europe.

I believe I read someone mentioned Tutut's name regarding the deal with Europe. Well, the fact that pro-america hardcores need to dig that far to super dirty Suharto regime for small case, while we recently signed our biggest ever single deal from Europe (record breaking single deal in our entire military procurement history) in Jokowi regime kinda shows us that you're all grasping at straws here :)

I have a feeling that MoD doesn't want FMS, does anyone here feel the same too? CMIIW

I always see that MoD is always setengah hati if the procurement using FMS scheme.

I think I got an idea now. IF (again it's a big IF) the MoD doesn't fancy FMS, it's probably because he's aware that there are still plenty of pro-america crooks at large at the high places that's been targetting our potential FMS deal with the US :)

This corruption is stemmed from our side misquoting the actual amount of funds needed for the products that were to be procured, thus more funds were allocated then normal. The fact that he was easily caught is a testament to how hard it is to get away with corrupting an FMS deal.

Don't be so naive :) He's not easily caught. He's the sacrifice. The pawn. To protect other biggest crooks. In fact this is the bad precedent against FMS. It happened before, it could potentially happen again in the future.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
FAhe9XiWYAMXnjA.jpeg

Maybe N219 can be converted into something like this one