Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,452
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
MRTT for A400M and A330 VIP
Rafale still could do the refueling with a400m, but what about f15 and IFX soon? It would render ifx air refueling capability to none. A330 vip? Quite large plane for vip, unless for long range air force one

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,781
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Rafale still could do the refueling with a400m, but what about f15 and IFX soon? It would render ifx air refueling capability to none. A330 vip? Quite large plane for vip, unless for long range air force one
I hope that A330 he was talking about is actually MRTT. I don't see any urgency of A330 VIP now!

Soman45

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,366
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
WTF! Abandoning MRTT for A400M and A330 VIP ?!

He got 9 hours to proof it.
interesting development indeed.
1633685434041.png

A330 MRTT can be configured for VIP, flying hospital or Hauler/freighter depend on the model that we choose, they still have massive ton of available space unused inside a330, that even they had a plan for india to create a hybrid tanker and AEW platform using a330 mrtt.

let's hope airbus also comply to their previous promises of full rights of production for cn-235 in indonesia.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,605
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I hope that A330 he was talking about is actually MRTT. I don't see any urgency of A330 VIP now!
abandoning?where?from what i heard from this video, it's just AH assumption about changing from MRTT to A400M or VIP and MoF already agreed about MRTT loan so changing it to VIP sounds ridiculous to me.....and this guy just said this

Calm down guys (and gals as well, if you're one or identify as one. I won't judge).

As we all already too familiar with surprises a.k.a 'tikungan' in our country's military procurement programs, and that we also so used with different versions of the same stories regarding what and how many of the stuffs we're buying, better sit back and enjoy. Trust any sources you want, but always try to verify their validity.

But then again,...

GODDAMM*T!!! WHY THE FREAKING HELL DO WE WANT TO BUY ANOTHER VIP JET FOR??? AND IT'S EVEN REFURBISHED!!!

*Ahem*...

So, logically speaking, it will be a hard sell and will cause a ruckus here if it turns out like what AH said. So while still keeping my expectation low as much as possible, I'm putting my hope that it's actually a A330 MRTT.

Last edited:

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,605
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Anyway, the procurement of two A400M which can be converted to drogue-chute aerial tankers relatively easy - as far as my knowledge goes - means that our old boy KC-130B can finally be retired. That poor aircraft is old and lonely since its brother lost in accident some years back.

Regarding A330 MRTT, I just hope that it won't be the sole A330 MRTT that we'll buy if we're really serious about F-15EX.

Last edited:

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,605
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I just hope that there is no change of plan and we will be getting 2 new air tanker.
The A330 MRTT won't be new aircraft though.

The new ones are those two A400M which, as I wrote earlier, can be converted to chute and drogue tankers.

So don't loosen your seatbelt yet folks. The drama still hasn't reached its peak yet.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,019
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The chance is high though for the A400M, especially when the Air Force finalized the acquisition of Rafale

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,375
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The A330 MRTT won't be new aircraft though
I am not wrong though, 2 new(old airframe) air tanker. Well i don't know much about the market price for air tanker, whatever we will get with $700 mil still make me happy, (boeing / Airbus, old / new air frame)
I ain't picky air tanker enjoyer.
images

The jet fighter however, I am a bit picky.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
More clear if it is written than spoken

AH still believe RMP for 2022 defense acquisition is just 3 trillion IDR which is only enough for RMP for this 2 A400M + 6 T50 + additional 1 trillion IDR for other program RMP

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
2023 will be more tight as budget deficit should be 3 % of GDP, while in 2022 it is set at 4.8 % of GDP, this is why some tax is raised and the previous plan to bring corporate tax into 20 % is cancelled using newer law just being agreed Yesterday in Parliament

Last edited:

joedhie2k

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
old gossip is saying that someone at top want VIP and tanker fit into single airframe.. (not at the same time though, so copotable gt)..

so we will have an MRTT with FFBNW config for the tanker ability wkwkwkwkwkwkwkwk

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom