Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Gov aiming for SAM system that has range about 200 km radius and can destroy ICBM and supersonic missile to protect new Capital city.

Candidates? Patriot, S400, SAMP-T, What else?
Definitely not chinese made one.

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Gov aiming for SAM system that has range about 200 km radius and can destroy ICBM and supersonic missile to protect new Capital city.

they are referring to nasams, and the 200km is detection range, not the interception range.

"Jadi, sebelum rudal 200 kilo dari sasaran sudah mampu dijangkau radar. Dengan kecepatan supersonic, rudal pengamanan ibu kota yang sekarang diinstal di teluk naga mampu menghancurkan rudal tersebut. Konsepnya seperti iron drone di Israel. Hanya saja perbedaannya ada di misilnya,"

Var Dracon

Reactions
1 473
Nation of residence
Indonesia

What kind of joke is this
gra3qfe - Copy.jpg

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
they are referring to nasams, and the 200km is detection range, not the interception range.

"Jadi, sebelum rudal 200 kilo dari sasaran sudah mampu dijangkau radar. Dengan kecepatan supersonic, rudal pengamanan ibu kota yang sekarang diinstal di teluk naga mampu menghancurkan rudal tersebut. Konsepnya seperti iron drone di Israel. Hanya saja perbedaannya ada di misilnya,"

not considering reaction time.

RajaSultanKing

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Seems like we are still learning Intermediate Range/MR SAM deployment

I did read 3 months ago in this thread and from AH that Prabowo is eyeing an LRSAM, though there are no info other than he is interested in SAMP-T and some chinese HQ-9 based knock off is trying to shake the market, i wonder if it's still in the table

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,535
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Prabowo is eyeing an LRSAM, though there are no info other than he is interested in SAMP-T and some chinese HQ-9 based knock off is trying to shake the market
Maybe we could follow Singaporean path with SAMP-T, beside that we could learn from them it would be using the same SAM Aster 30 with our bergamini(if we signed the deal/kalo jadi beli)

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,629
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
With the recent confirmation from our air force chief regarding Su-35 cancellation, I doubt that S-400 is still on the list.
What kind of joke is this
Just what you can expect from sort of people high on kecubung.
I did read 3 months ago in this thread and from AH that Prabowo is eyeing an LRSAM, though there are no info other than he is interested in SAMP-T and some chinese HQ-9 based knock off is trying to shake the market, i wonder if it's still in the table
Considering that our military is just a few step away from declaring openly that our most potential threat nowadays comes from China, it will be utterly idiotic if we're still considering to acquire their SAM system.
Seriously? Still pushing for it when the buyer already said no?
Either it's for 'saving their face', an attempt to disrupt ongoing talks with Western companies, or there's actually something still going on beneath the surface.

Take your pick.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Either it's for 'saving their face', an attempt to disrupt ongoing talks with Western companies, or there's actually something still going on beneath the surface.

Take your pick.
"Okay, but remember~ if something isn't going right with those westerners, you still have us~"

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,629
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Maybe we could follow Singaporean path with SAMP-T, beside that we could learn from them it would be using the same SAM Aster 30 with our bergamini(if we signed the deal/kalo jadi beli)
Don't quote me on this, but somehow it appears to me that European SAM system like SAMP-T has a bigger chance to be chosen for our new capital air defense.

can destroy ICBM and supersonic missile to protect new Capital city.
THAAD? Even if the US is going to offer us that thing, I don't think we're going to take it considering that it's specifically designed to destroy ballistic missile using kinetic energy only. Thus, it's probably less effective to be used against aircraft or cruise missiles.

As such, Patriot system will be much preferable that THAAD.

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Don't quote me on this, but somehow it appears to me that European SAM system like SAMP-T has a bigger chance to be chosen for our new capital air defense.

THAAD? Even if the US is going to offer us that thing, I don't think we're going to take it considering that it's specifically designed to destroy ballistic missile using kinetic energy only. Thus, it's probably less effective to be used against aircraft or cruise missiles.

As such, Patriot system will be much preferable that THAAD.
I don't really think there will be a country who's going to sell an exoatmospheric interceptor like THAAD to us (aren't those thing considered as strategic assets ? and actually can used to destroy other "stuff" other than ballistic missile) , our option probably will be limited to like Aster-30 and Patriot PAC series, atleast for now.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom