Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

satria

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
7 1,099
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
PTDI Releases NC212i with New Propeller, Making the Airplane Quieter

NC212i_1260283_720.jpg

Director of Commerce, Technology & Development PTDI, Moh. Arif Faisal said that propeller development on the NC212i aircraft had started in August 2023. "This is the fifth of nine aircraft ordered by the Indonesian Ministry of Defense, the first aircraft to be delivered using the MT Propeller," he said, in his statement, Monday, December 4 2023.

Arif claimed that the ordering party was satisfied with the performance of the NC212i aircraft with the new type of propeller. "Users are very satisfied with the performance of the NC212i using the MT Propeller, because it is considered quieter and much better," he said.

He said that the NC212i aircraft ordered by the Ministry of Defense would all use a new type of propeller. For example, four aircraft that have already been delivered will have their propellers replaced using MTV-27 propellers.

"The plan is for the sixth aircraft to be delivered in April 2024, where the first to fourth aircraft that have been delivered previously will also be replaced with an MT Propeller," said Arif.

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If Subianto is elected, he will also finalise the acquisition of 24 F-15EXs from Boeing and a fleet of second-hand Mirage 2000s from the Qatar Emiri Air Force (IO, 12/06/23).

I don't really like this bit. How if he loses the election?

He still has until Oct 2024 to finalize this. I can understand if the Mirage 2K plan somehow might be discarded, but at least he must make sure the 24 F-15EX deal is wrapped up before Oct 2024.

This is rather speculation on my part, but I got the feeling Ganjar would prefer to revisit Su-35 deal than signing F-15EX, while Anies would prefer F-16 than F-15EX.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,529
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
This is rather speculation on my part, but I got the feeling Ganjar would prefer to revisit Su-35 deal than signing F-15EX, while Anies would prefer F-16 than F-15EX.
What a sh1t show scenario, while F-16 is not bad but bruh, SU-35?
Will it be his own initiative or "the dalang"?

schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,398
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

He still has until Oct 2024 to finalize this. I can understand if the Mirage 2K plan somehow might be discarded, but at least he must make sure the 24 F-15EX deal is wrapped up before Oct 2024.

Good speculation, but you think LM and Boeing just sleep and not working whoever the President is? For sure they work to the death for market share and not gonna let Suhoi take over the money.

And also, Andi Widjajanto in Akbar Faisal Podcast with former KSAL said that the most ideal for the Air Force actually upgrade the F-16 to V version, and by that 4.5th fighter, the next is chasing for transition to F-35 or other 5th Gen (he also mentioned F-22, but for sure US Congress not gonna approve that). But what can he do, MoD is the one that has the approval, he looks like in the stance of better involving his Republikorp friend (son of PAN (party) member) for M2000s.

Even though Connie is near the PDIP, but that side has 2 more influential NDU graduates. I really have no idea why the F-35 forwarding Connie became full fledged anti–west pro-autocratic Vatnik like that, I even thinking is she “compromised” by Russia or what lol?, “do as what we told, or we gonna publish this sins (kompromat materials)”.

Last edited:

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
What a sh1t show scenario, while F-16 is not bad but bruh, SU-35?
Will it be his own initiative or "the dalang"?

Unlike Prabowo and Anies who are supported by multi-parties with more even parliamentary seat, Ganjar is only supported by PDIP (22.26% seat) and PPP (3.3%).

So Ganjar will just follow "the dalang", or "the meiga", or "the conniy", or whatever you may want to call it. PPP will say yes to everything.

Even more so since just like Jokowi, he doesn't really know much about defence matters.

Anyway, I really hope the fallback option for Ganjar is not J-10 :D

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,543
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Unlike Prabowo and Anies who are supported by multi-parties with more even parliamentary seat, Ganjar is only supported by PDIP (22.26% seat) and PPP (3.3%).

So Ganjar will just follow "the dalang", or "the meiga", or "the conniy", or whatever you may want to call it. PPP will say yes to everything.

Even more so since just like Jokowi, he doesn't really know much about defence matters.

Anyway, I really hope the fallback option for Ganjar is not J-10:D
Conny: J35

chibiyabi

Contributor
Reactions
3 411
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Togo

i don't think so, with connie in his back, ganjar will procure jitenbi from china :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,855
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

I think he'll secure first 12 before election or stepping down.

The other 12?
He held them hostages to make sure US "help" or at least gets out of his way.

I don't know, I am just being "suuzon". 🙃

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,855
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The base of my assumption, that 2.4 billion won't be enough for 24 Eagles.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,855
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom