Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

joedhie2k

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
we get approval to buy eagle from trump but how about biden's approval?

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Indonesia should go for P-8 here too. They are perfect to deal with submarine interlopers and network will all other assets (like CN-235 existing MPA) for that role. Surface ship too, they are huge force multiplier to deal with those....as PLAN will find it difficult to bring its force multipliers that distance over the SCS sea stretch at that point.

Indonesia need to properly figure out how vertical and horizontal it want to go on sea interdiction basically.

Poseidon is a must. Wedgetail too if we got the money. In fact I'd be willing to sacrifice fighters numbers to get more warships or any other AShW + ASW assets.

F-15 here means the latest advanced eagle right? Not the 2nd hand AMARG?

Not sure if we can get F-15EX. Probably F-15E Strike Eagle at the maximum. But you're probably right, knowing us, we'll instead get AMARG :D

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I dont know regarding the chance of F15/18, Heard rafale got locked on

I heard that too, now the rest is slot for further acquisition program to reach 10 squadron worth strength as being envisioned during Purnomo Yusgiantoro era. We don't have Defense Minister for period 2014-2019...

Soman45

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I heard that too, now the rest is slot for further acquisition program to reach 10 squadron worth strength as being envisioned during Purnomo Yusgiantoro era. We don't have Defense Minister for period 2014-2019...
lol i know what you feel.....someone please enlighten me how come before prabowo our MoD like doesn't even care about MEF 2? why he suddenly came out with that "bela negara" thing? and that was one of my disappointment from previous Jokowi's regime

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,856
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
This is just my idea.
How "borong" gbu 12 from US if Rafale deal comes through?
Much more economical than solely use hammer.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,856
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
lol i know what you feel.....someone please enlighten me how come before prabowo our MoD like doesn't even care about MEF 2? why he suddenly came out with that "bela negara" thing? and that was one of my disappointment from previous Jokowi's regime
Infantry gerilya strong maybe?

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
This is just my idea.
How "borong" gbu 12 from US if Rafale deal comes through?
Much more economical than solely use hammer.
Well there is MBDA BANG for guided bomb

BANG-RAFALE-2-900x500.jpg

Basith90

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Oh c'mon his great program were Bela Negara 😁😁

Also, once I read the news he said "Natuna Aman" several years ago

Chestnut

Professional
Reactions
Honestly, in my very own opinion Indonesia Air Force should take F16 legacy and mix them with F16V to build workhorse number of at least six to ten squadron. Then going all out to replace Flanker with F15 E at least three to four squadron worth fighter as bomb truck and air interdiction fighter. The rest of the need by 2030 above is by taking KFX as learning curve to build and design a modern fighter indigenously. And trying taking order of readily available F35 or the same class of next generation fighter and if condition permit to joint the projects itself (like the Tempest project)

At the same time, Indonesian industry and other stakeholder should take initiative to build and ordering light fighter /LIFT in the class of F/A 50 by securing license producing Turbojet engines and work as light patrol platform with minimum number at least four to six squadron worth of units and increase more.
It's unironically what the Air Force wants to do. Rely on a mix fleet of F-16V's and F/A-50's with either the KFX or F-35 coming online after the 2030's.

But again, personal politics and bad judgement is at play here.

Chestnut

Professional
Reactions
Because if you suddenly get billions of dollars spent on what is essentially a glorified camping trip, it's VERY easy to siphon funds off for yourself.

Kafkaesque

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia

We really should put more fund into rocket research. This, combined with certain kind of warhead could make a great poor-man-deterrent-effect.

So.. great news huh!! Although not to burst anyone's bubble, the real news here is that we do, or at least plan to allocate more than 5 billions for fighters procurement.

Well, whichever wins, I hope we will get reasonable ToT from the deal. My ego choose F-15EX, but my brain says "not possible", so I'd settle with Strike Eagle. However, I wager that it is Airbus that will give us the best ToT.

Kansel

Reactions
Some of my source say there's a slight chance for F15/18 to fulfill our trade balance with US alongside awacs and airlift if possible

Idk if rafale really got locked on, that one hasn't been answered.

Edit: if Rafale deal get signed on this month or next year, it means there's no chance for F15/18 in here

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom