Indonesia Indonesian Army,Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Darat (TNI-AD)

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Situ mainan DotA?

Additional Leopard MBT? How about upgrading the rest of the 2A4 first?

What is the usual structure of our cavalry unit? (Company/battalion/div). Do we really need to buy new MBT? There is hundreds of AMX & scorpion that need to be replaced soon, MBT or Medium Tank that will be good to replace those?

Kemaren ada yang kavaleri tapi diisinya anoa.
Increasing number is more important though, compared to upgrade them.

Abrams or Leopard 2 will do

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Increasing number is more important though, compared to upgrade them.

Abrams or Leopard 2 will do
Abrams EDA give away would be a quite hard to realized tho' ... while they would glady throw some of their old MRAP away as an EDA . AFV were on the different class alltogether .
Even they are starting to mass stocked them for the ( supposedly ) rainy day ahead .

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,621
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
To think that we (well, most of us at least) have come a long way from the "ambles" debates about 10 years ago...

But anyway, even though I'll be glad if TNI top brass are seriously considering to add more MBTs, I still hope that the 'original' plan to have some 400 Harimau tanks for TNI-AD will eventually be realized.

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Would like to see if they changed the cammo for different terrain

Olive green was their standard for a tropical jungle theatre
To think that we (well, most of us at least) have come a long way from the "ambles" debates about 10 years ago...

But anyway, even though I'll be glad if TNI top brass are seriously considering to add more MBTs, I still hope that the 'original' plan to have some 400 Harimau tanks for TNI-AD will eventually be realized.
It's been a while indeed ... 😁
While not necessarily in MT variant . The kaplan class were my definite ( i would say perfect for their amphibious capability ...but it sound like a lame advertising 😁)
modern choice for filling the AFV needs in much of our Kodam cavalry legs and arm .
Throw the korkut ( or millenium ) in there ... Then we have whole host of uniform article for easing the logistics

Chestnut

Professional
Reactions
If we ever want to replace the Leo 2's, I'd wager that the K2 is a better (And honestly more realistic) option over the Altay or the Abrams.

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If we ever want to replace the Leo 2's, I'd wager that the K2 is a better (And honestly more realistic) option over the Altay or the Abrams.
How about put K2 turret on Leo 2 hull, sound cool crossover 😂

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
D

Dont forget to add Trophy APS to make it a haram crossover
That was sweet. Lets say it was a copy made by Brazillian company.

No one bats an eye about Ares UT Mk 2 installed in Pandur 2. 😂

Honestly, it better for Army to stick with MBT with leopard 2 platform. Better avoid logistical nightmare.

RajaSultanKing

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
That was sweet. Lets say it was a copy made by Brazillian company.

No one bats an eye about Ares UT Mk 2 installed in Pandur 2. 😂

Honestly, it better for Army to stick with MBT with leopard 2 platform. Better avoid logistical nightmare.

Does Germany still sell their unused and stored Leo 2? is there any other nation going to sell their unused Leo 2 (Austria, Swiss or NL maybe)

From what i know most nations are now considering adopting MBTs again due to the inefficiencies given with wheeled armored vehicles in low intensity warfare (which were proven from ISIS resurgence and Iraq/Afghan War)

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Does Germany still sell their unused and stored Leo 2?

AFAIK, there's no leftover stock from coldwar anymore.

New Leo 2 MBT are fresh from factory productions.

considering adopting MBTs again due to the inefficiencies given with wheeled armored vehicles

MBT and Tracked IFV main purpouse wether to break through enemy fortification or fortitude defence possition.

Again, in asymetrical warfare you need kind of stuff either bear efficiency and effectiveness to deal with any threat.

Luckly we have plenty of option with Wheeled armored car.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
FCCmNjyUYAQXRZa.jpeg
FCCmNkLVkAEGVIk.jpeg