Indonesia Indonesian Army,Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Darat (TNI-AD)

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
KAPLAN-YN-ZMA-780x470.jpg

I've an imagination if 🇮🇩 have a will to buy this FNSS product in future to arm Mechanized Infantry Battalion.

If any, one source said it was Kaplan APC/IFV, not sure how many commonality with Harimau.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,350
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
View attachment 33961

I've an imagination if 🇮🇩 have a will to buy this FNSS product in future to arm Mechanized Infantry Battalion.

If any, one source said it was Kaplan APC/IFV, not sure how many commonality with Harimau.

a mechanized force based on a single (modular) platform for IFV, APC, Mortar carrier, ambulance etc.

kinda like what the Malaysian army is doing with the AV8 Lipan Bara in their inventory

Var Dracon

Reactions
1 473
Nation of residence
Indonesia
a mechanized force based on a single (modular) platform for IFV, APC, Mortar carrier, ambulance etc.

kinda like what the Malaysian army is doing with the AV8 Lipan Bara in their inventory
You mean AV8 Gempita, Lipanbara is AV4 (Chaiseri First Win)
View attachment 33961

Harimau APC/IFV is actually that thing

144990366_2862439614019629_1805786025961900890_n.jpg

Not sure if Indonesian army is interested or not

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
You mean AV8 Gempita, Lipanbara is AV4 (Chaiseri First Win)

Harimau APC/IFV is actually that thing

144990366_2862439614019629_1805786025961900890_n.jpg

Not sure if Indonesian army is interested or not
This pict on your post is only wooden mockup, but the pict i post above was recent upload.

The design also radically new compared to what FNSS displayed along with first Harimau MT appearance.
Persumably the design was finalized for futher mass production.

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
This pict on your post is only wooden mockup, but the pict i post above was recent upload.

The design also radically new compared to what FNSS displayed along with first Harimau MT appearance.
View attachment 33961

Atleast something was deeply fucked up with the rest " bintang " uniformed chasis armored vehicle manufactured locally were only the logical move forward....

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Atleast something was deeply fucked up with the rest " bintang " uniformed chasis armored vehicle manufactured locally were only the logical move forward....
Consider explain it to me, coz it was hard for me to swallow 😁

But yes, by knowing this new desingn released we know the capability of Pindad to build a tracked IFV is barely can move forward.

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Yes, and something kostrad lack of.

Its mean nothing if MBT not accompanied by mechanized/motor rifle infantry while do offensive or defensive

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Jokowi in Tarakan North Kalimantan, using local Made tactical vehicle to meet his audience
FCEEUTaVcAQqHqq.jpeg
FCEHSgJUYAMR37z.jpeg
FCEHT7HVQA8hito.jpeg
FCEETLyVgAAZzZt.jpeg

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,350
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Yes, and something kostrad lack of.

Its mean nothing if MBT not accompanied by mechanized/motor rifle infantry while do offensive or defensive
it's more how the APC/IFV can cope with the speed of the MBT spearheading the offensive in front of them, I read somewhere that the M113 is too slow to follow the advancing MBT in front. Don't know if the Marder 1a3 has the same problem.

anyway we need to adopt 30mm gun as standard on our IFV's, 20mm like in the Marder are kinda weak compared to our peer.

Var Dracon

Reactions
1 473
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Don't forget that Pindad is actually 1 year late on development schedule: Anoa 3, tank boat, and .300 blackout rifle should be last year prototypes
FB_IMG_15984311219265990-1.jpg

Because of the 1 year delay, it looks like we won't see amphibious 8x8 this year. Amphibious Badak, Pindad's turret system, mechatronic mortar, AT rocket, and RCWS would be revealed (or started developed) in 2023. All variant of MT (recovery, ambulance, logistic, command, AVLB) would be revealed or started developed in 2024. Amphibious MT, ATGM, artillery rocket of 122-300 mm, and missile would only be revealed or started developed in 2025.

I am very well aware of that, what I'm trying to say that Pindad is actually developed the MT APC/IFV version (with the same model as the CGI, that is, the same as FNSS'). Hek the CGI on Pindad roadmap is actually the same as the thing you posted, viewed from other side and angle. And for the wooden mockup, it doesn't really seem to be completed and because of the angle, it may not look like the CGI eventhough it used the CGI as the reference.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,350
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
artillery rocket of 122-300 mm, and missile
Very excited , do we have a roadmap for this ??

I'd rather we license produce Chinese artillery rockets the way Thai and Turkey does. R-HAN 450 is proving too long to wait.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,485
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I read somewhere that the M113 is too slow to follow the advancing MBT in front.
I don't think that it will be a problem in here, because we are not in ME dessert , continental europe / us.

Don't forget that Pindad is actually 1 year late on development schedule: Anoa 3, tank boat, and .300 blackout rifle should be last year prototypes
At least we already saw the pic of Anoa 3 and the tank boat already on the water.

N219 and Elang Hitam also keep getting delayed. It is always "akan...bla...bla".

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
it's more how the APC/IFV can cope with the speed of the MBT spearheading the offensive in front of them, I read somewhere that the M113 is too slow to follow the advancing MBT in front. Don't know if the Marder 1a3 has the same problem.

anyway we need to adopt 30mm gun as standard on our IFV's, 20mm like in the Marder are kinda weak compared to our peer.

They already put Bushmaster II Canon on the Pandur IFV Indonesia ordered

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Consider explain it to me, coz it was hard for me to swallow 😁

But yes, by knowing this new desingn released we know the capability of Pindad to build a tracked IFV is barely can move forward.

Sometime the longtime planning get wrecked by a kickback move acquisition which obviously could only sanctioned by the " bintang " in charge

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom