Indonesia Indonesian Army,Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Darat (TNI-AD)

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It always baffles me as WHY nobody has ever ask the big question, as HOW & WHERE does those monkeys getting their ammo ❓IF their guns were the result of commandeering of our fallen personnel that still make sense. But where & how they get further ammo for it❓

Nicoz

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It always baffles me as WHY nobody has ever ask the big question, as HOW & WHERE does those monkeys getting their ammo ❓IF their guns were the result of commandeering of our fallen personnel that still make sense. But where & how they get further ammo for it❓
Ehm..., I don't if this is a proper or not.

But I need to voice this out, I know everyone of us is having a rage about the news of two TNI personel that fallen in action.

But for me calling the KKB if we cant call them terrorist as 'monkey' is very disripectfull to those who're fallen.

Are we saying that our troop so easily killed by 'monkey'.

Come one, anger is one thing, but respect for our fallen is a must.

Despite the condittion for the troop that in the field, they still there risking their life 24/7 for NKRI

I can't even imagine how they feel being surounded by mountain where their enemy can pick them out as their will.

I just hope the brass will at least equip them properly for mountain n juggle gear

Give them FOB with mortar n HMG n gunfire locator as well something like komodo for QRF n patrol.

For I fear papua field is a sniper heaven.

JATOSINT 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
4 3,224
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Ehm..., I don't if this is a proper or not.

But I need to voice this out, I know everyone of us is having a rage about the news of two TNI personel that fallen in action.

But for me calling the KKB if we cant call them terrorist as 'monkey' is very disripectfull to those who're fallen.

Are we saying that our troop so easily killed by 'monkey'.

Come one, anger is one thing, but respect for our fallen is a must.

Despite the condittion for the troop that in the field, they still there risking their life 24/7 for NKRI

I can't even imagine how they feel being surounded by mountain where their enemy can pick them out as their will.

I just hope the brass will at least equip them properly for mountain n juggle gear

Give them FOB with mortar n HMG n gunfire locator as well something like komodo for QRF n patrol.

For I fear papua field is a sniper heaven.
About deployment of armored vehicles, you should read the previous posts/pages

Huge geographical issue, spare part, and the character of OPM attack & movement itself

Nicoz

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Huge geographical issue, spare part, and the character of OPM attack & movement itself

I can get it if we're talking about Anoa or even Harimau Hitam

But aren't JLTV or Komodo or even Turangga using comercial engine, their maintanance should be simpler than APC or Medium tank.

I know this just a teory, but if they have a propper FOB when the're under fire they can send the QRF to chase or respond to the attack based on gunfire locator

But then again, the QRF will prone to ambush attack.

Man.., talking about buah simalakama when I think about it again..

Infrastructure n Firepower
If only we can have it at the same time.

JATOSINT 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
4 3,224
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Most of the attack happened on a remote outpost &/ during foot patrol --> armored vehicle would be great but it will not give a significant impact

this is crunch

Contributor
Reactions
4 627
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

what about drone deployment to hunt them, and uhm, could FLIR see whats behind the thick forrest?

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
what about drone deployment to hunt them, and uhm, could FLIR see whats behind the thick forrest?
Extremely limited. Drone (depend on type) do came very handy even in the thickest jungle (I use them a lot), but that require proper deployment tactic, and for the commander to understand & familiar with their operational limit.

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If the weathers and terrain in papua wasn't such a bitch to deal with .... A QRF team constitutes of 3 pairs of Bell 412 armed with a miniguns and rocket backed by CH 47 ( FLIR and Weather radar was standard package here !! ) as trooper's truck would be a perfect recipe but then again we are talking about papua here ...

We all then back to the square one of HUMINT as a key for the proceeding enggagement ...

Sigh..

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
That what you get for using economy class freight
service. Logistic service even to the harshest terrain is very viable these days, but only IF you're willing to spend the money

Even ones who work in Armed Forces logistic (Kolinlamil, Puspenerbad and Disbekang) do tell me they still do need to work their ass under very tight schedule, as they have very limited assets and have huge backlog of tasks need to be done accross the archipelago. For to outsourcing the work to civillian organization or companies, there is some risk and unwillingness ascertain that as not many willing to carry explosive Ammo within their cargo or is one willing like cargo companies who usually work for Mining industry they do had very special prices for such services and unless special circumtances the Armed Forces is Refrain to use their services as they too had limited budget, as they even still had huge debt to Pertamina for Fuels costs let alone paid more for Special services...
If the weathers and terrain in papua wasn't such a bitch to deal with .... A QRF team constitutes of 3 pairs of Bell 412 armed with a miniguns and rocket backed by CH 47 ( FLIR and Weather radar was standard package here !! ) as trooper's truck would be a perfect recipe but then again we are talking about papua here ...

We all then back to the square one of HUMINT as a key for the proceeding enggagement ...

Sigh..

The case is Army or Air Force had long backlog of tasks need to be done, to spare a flight of Helicopter units in Papua for Dorlog purpose already stretched them thin, to create such combat ready task force is..... a tall order for now

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
That's why, i give salute government to open the terrain and build land based infrastructure accross the remote region in Papua. That's will open the "blank" area in which become comfort zones for those scums, Made easy of Armed Forces and Police logistic and movements to uphold the sovereignty over the area and liberate much of those terrorist base villages accross the proper mountain, thus in turn cornered them into more desperate action in which Made them lost their "just" cause over the time

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Even ones who work in Armed Forces logistic (Kolinlamil, Puspenerbad and Disbekang) do tell me they still do need to work their ass under very tight schedule, as they have very limited assets and have huge backlog of tasks need to be done accross the archipelago. For to outsourcing the work to civillian organization or companies, there is some risk and unwillingness ascertain that as not many willing to carry explosive Ammo within their cargo or is one willing like cargo companies who usually work for Mining industry they do had very special prices for such services and unless special circumtances the Armed Forces is Refrain to use their services as they too had limited budget, as they even still had huge debt to Pertamina for Fuels costs let alone paid more for Special services...

The case is Army or Air Force had long backlog of tasks need to be done, to spare a flight of Helicopter units in Papua for Dorlog purpose already stretched them thin, to create such combat ready task force is..... a tall order for now

Well , one could only hope .... 😁😁

That's why, i give salute government to open the terrain and build land based infrastructure accross the remote region in Papua. That's will open the "blank" area in which become comfort zones for those scums, Made easy of Armed Forces and Police logistic and movements to uphold the sovereignty over the area and liberate much of those terrorist base villages accross the proper mountain, thus in turn cornered them into more desperate action in which Made them lost their "just" cause over the time

At the end of the day infrastructure inadequacy was the bane of our national progress . It's proven in java as well as sumatras with the recent pace of infrastructure building efforts . Let just hope this pandemic could be eased somehow soon because truth to be told we are starting close to a breaking point by now ...
The faster recovery the faster we all could make something more productive and meaningfull to level the pain of this close to one year of painfull experience somehow

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
TNI AD, yup Army dispatching two Landing vessels to bring equipment and necessities cargo to help victims of Flood in South Kalimantan and Earthquake in West Sulawesi

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Too expensive & complicated for our standard. A lot of dirt (sandbags) will do just fine
I Just thinking that you was the guy from WW 1 era that fought alongside ANZAC 😂

What am afraid of KKSB paramilitary was, that they do know your enemy, know your themselves, know the advantages of terrain, and know a slight gap to attack our peacekeeper forces.
Prettymuch has upperhand correspondence to Sun Tsu book.

Yes, put a lot of sandbag actually do fine, and cheap, also reliable; Simple thing, do better job.
But the trouble was, that they know where to fire but we arent so convenient where to return fire.

Yet, most of my doubt are gone through how about the quality of our anti-guerrila warfare training was. Since the most case after encounter some fire fight, we always dispatch a chaser squad but most of the time, they come barely handed.

My condolence to the fallen.

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Most of their firearms were 5.56 x 45 mm, in case of this and that, why the f+ck that we never try to investigate the bullet.
What barrel that they use, what ammo type that they use, and wtf company that make the stuff. Every ammo is unique, its has more information if it was fired from firearms.

Oh man, this put me into the conclusion that putting a best gear to unmastered soldier was not the biggest ticket win, but the man behind the gun still have a chance tu land a big blown punch

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I Just thinking that you was the guy from WW 1 era that fought alongside ANZAC 😂

What am afraid of KKSB paramilitary was, that they do know your enemy, know your themselves, know the advantages of terrain, and know a slight gap to attack our peacekeeper forces.
Prettymuch has upperhand correspondence to Sun Tsu book.

Yes, put a lot of sandbag actually do fine, and cheap, also reliable; Simple thing, do better job.
But the trouble was, that they know where to fire but we arent so convenient where to return fire.

Yet, most of my doubt are gone through how about the quality of our anti-guerrila warfare training was. Since the most case after encounter some fire fight, we always dispatch a chaser squad but most of the time, they come barely handed.

My condolence to the fallen.

COIN was never a simple matter compare the result of NATO's effort and result we achieved thing with barely a fraction of their cost . Why ?? Because we do look papuan as our own and our aproaches were reflecting that even the insurgent knows that too
All we need is time and more effort to bring much of infrastructure building moving forward as fast as possible ... Even as thick headed as the papuan goes . They knows when things benefit them in the long run . Just because some idiotic fool get drowned in dreams of Timorese riches and fames ( which we all know that was nothing but bullshit and soon get drowned for real !! ) That doesn't reflect on whole population emotion and aspiration too ...
And squad chaser .... As gambling goes do . Lose some and win some . It's a competition of witted and out witted in deadly games . Between casualties on the perpetrator and safety of the chasing team the choices was always obvious and yet every dog has his day and obviously we get the short end of the stick yesterday ...
Live and learn people ... live and learn some more
Most of their firearms were 5.56 x 45 mm, in case of this and that, why the f+ck that we never try to investigate the bullet.
What barrel that they use, what ammo type that they use, and wtf company that make the stuff. Every ammo is unique, its has more information if it was fired from firearms.

Oh man, this put me into the conclusion that putting a best gear to unmastered soldier was not the biggest ticket win, but the man behind the gun still have a chance tu land a big blown punch

You really want to discuss this ?? Really ??

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom