Indonesia Indonesian Army,Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Darat (TNI-AD)

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Their days is numbered when the infrastructure is come to the further corner and that's Made Police and Army can easily come knocking their door and securing all of their last Bastion. Believe me, no one can live in jungle every day, they still need people and village base to fulfill their logistic and biological needs.

fhey use toyota Hillux to travel with thoose road. I wonder is our armored cars are capable to do such thing ? Considering its weight tho

Panca

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Their days is numbered when the infrastructure is come to the further corner and that's Made Police and Army can easily come knocking their door and securing all of their last Bastion. Believe me, no one can live in jungle every day, they still need people and village base to fulfill their logistic and biological needs.

Building roads in Papua is like building a great wall of China

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,865
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Do they start producing this as standard variant?
SS2_V2_A1_1.jpg

SS2_V2_A1_31.jpg

GraveDigger388

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
That was great improvement, but not suited with "Kompi Kavaleri" doctrine, wich adopt Bundeswehr/panzer grrnadier cavalery doctrine that the infanty are walk side by side with armored vehicle to brrakthrough enemy defence. Thats why european made MBT use passive armor.
And THAT was what more or less the thing I quoted from a YT comment that I then posted on PDF long ago.

Summary, the reason why the German Army reluctant to use ERA and the likes, why their new IFV is different from other IFVs in the same class.

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
more or less the thing I quoted from a YT comment that I then posted on PDF long ago.
More or less like what you wrote above.

Since we adopt prussian era "Wehrkreisse" it is not so weird if we adopt bundeswehr/panzer kavaleri doctrine.

For me this is too much obvious. If you ever watch ID Army exercise documentation, the MBT are put in the first line of attack, followed by mechanic infantry on their M113. This case could be vary at field but the main purpouse of this tactics is to breakthrough using Heavy tanks, and seize with infantry. The tanks should provide scurity and support for infantry and vice versa.

schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,406
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Well, to be fair, even US army isn't implement it yet.
They will for sure in their NGSW R. US SOCOM already use M-LOK for their HK416 and M4 Sopmod Block 3. At least we get the newest trend, that is my point, not always late in small arms.

Last edited:

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
One can go to Toyota Astra service center for routine check and maintenance for Maung tactical Vehicles

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Why still using Picatinny Rail instead of M-LOK?. Damn, don't be kudet like that, Pindad.
Well, to be fair, even US army isn't implement it yet.

They will for sure in their NGSW R. US SOCOM already use M-LOK for their HK416 and M4 Sopmod Block 3. At least we get the newest trend, that is my point, not always late in small arms.
Better sticking to what they already familiar with. In shooters world, newer isn't necessarily better. In the end it's always about familiarity than some shiny new toys

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
One can go to Toyota Astra service center for routine check and maintenance for Maung tactical Vehicles

since the vehicle use same engine as toyota hillux, i wonder if it could be dispatced to papuan mountains. Even if its not so bulletproove, am sure its still give a significant protection.

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom