Indonesia Indonesian Army,Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Darat (TNI-AD)

schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,406
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
NGSW-R not using 6.8 SPC btw. At first I also thought this 6.8 mm is 6.8 SPC.

"Many assume this is a resurrection of the 6.8mm SPC, but it is not. The new 6.8mm cartridge requirement is shrouded in secrecy because the briefing given at the National Defense Industrial Association (where the Army speaks to the firearms industry) was for “limited distribution only.”

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Alcotan 100 m2 certification (instalanza)
215270486_3799749086800073_6655100714302555578_n.jpg

Captain Wales

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Hmm, caseless?
not caseless,

For NGSW program US Army only required them to be 6.8 mm (projectile/bullet), manufacture can bid their preferred ammunition design.

For SIG their ammunition bid are more conservative with using regular brass with stainless steel base

General Dynamics and True Velocity bid are polymer composite munition

and Textron bid are more extreme, their bid are cased-telescoped ammunition.
Here some of the bid.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaNGS2.jpg

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
They are testing the reusable variant of C 90 and C90 CS, including rifle grenade. Seems they want to materialized the planning to increase platoon level firepower and one with Spanish solution
211498609_3799892126785769_8222638482416303678_n.jpg
209771847_3799892076785774_2410904797765428857_n.jpg
210656401_3799892096785772_3212018899436858748_n.jpg

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,636
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
not caseless,

For NGSW program US Army only required them to be 6.8 mm (projectile/bullet), manufacture can bid their preferred ammunition design.

For SIG their ammunition bid are more conservative with using regular brass with stainless steel base

Here some of the bid.
View attachment 25352
It's interesting to note that only the General Dynamics bid which took the bullpup approach.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,636
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
They are testing the reusable variant of C 90 and C90 CS, including rifle grenade. Seems they want to materialized the planning to increase platoon level firepower and one with Spanish solution View attachment 25353 View attachment 25354 View attachment 25355
Hmm, I wonder though, since we already have the C-90 in quantity for some time, does it still need to be tested? Or was this another version of the C-90, like single-use C-90 CS for confined space and the reusable C-90?

Speaking of the latter, since the Alcotan-100 is also reusable, won't that make things redundant?

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Hmm, I wonder though, since we already have the C-90 in quantity for some time, does it still need to be tested? Or was this another version of the C-90, like single-use C-90 CS for confined space and the reusable C-90?

Speaking of the latter, since the Alcotan-100 is also reusable, won't that make things redundant?

Alcotan had heavier warhead munition and capable to knock down early generation ERA equipped armor, meanwhile C90 series is for more against lighter type of armor and bunker

Shadow94

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
some videos of joint army training in Baturaja, South Sumatra, I found them on YouTube

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
NGSW-R not using 6.8 SPC btw. At first I also thought this 6.8 mm is 6.8 SPC.

"Many assume this is a resurrection of the 6.8mm SPC, but it is not. The new 6.8mm cartridge requirement is shrouded in secrecy because the briefing given at the National Defense Industrial Association (where the Army speaks to the firearms industry) was for “limited distribution only.”
You're right. I stand corrected. I thought it was 6.8mm SPC. As it turn out, it wasn't. This is an entirely new cartridge

Hmm, caseless?
Polymer case is one of the entry. But they haven't decided

either that or they use other light material like polymer for the casing
It will be the future of ammunition technology.

Caseless is not one of the requirements for NGSW-R for sure.
The main problem with caseless ammo is waste heat transfer. With caseless ammo, heat is transferred directly to the chamber, which will quickly shortened out the barrel life cycle. While polymer by its nature is a heat insulator

It's interesting to note that only the General Dynamics bid which took the bullpup approach.
I strongly doubt about the bull-up design (seriously doubt)

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
not caseless,

Here some of the bid.
View attachment 25352
Textron offering seem to be the most practical & less risky route.

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Much more complex with little gain especially for squad support weapon, I guess?
It will require to re-training everything down to the most fundamental without much gain in the process.

Let's put it this way. If I were to give you both M-16 and Steyr AUG along with 3 full magazine (90 rounds) of ammo each to be spent down range, by the end of the day I'm betting you will choose the M-16 over the Steyr AUG

Captain Wales

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Much more complex with little gain especially for squad support weapon, I guess?
for country who citizen never fire a firearms its fine to use bullpup, because it's their first interaction with firearms the handling of bullpup would be easy and they would develop muscle memory from firing those rifle.

but for gun culture country like US who most of them at least fire a firearms once (mostly AR type) changing that muscle memory into firing a bullpup would be hard.

DeadbyboreD

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

AFAIK alcotan-100 is disposable, only the fire control unit is reusable (user need to attach this to the new munition tube) or can be used as a standalone nv scope. cmiiw

imo this system feel like nlaw but manual

Top Bottom