Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,834
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Hopefully using both as they are different in task in nature (IH as AAW based platform) and our FREMM more on the general purpose Frigates
Means our fremm just need to use bergamini class general purpose config, doesn't need to be 32 vls.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,834
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Hopefully using both as they are different in task in nature (IH as AAW based platform) and our FREMM more on the general purpose Frigates
...and Kronos dual already using C and X band. We don’t need to use both in the same boat.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
...and Kronos dual already using C and X band. We don’t need to use both in the same boat.

That's not what i mean, one type of radar for each type of Ship. Kronos Grand for the IH i mean and the other Kronos Dual Band with GP config minus ABM capability for the FREMM. Though i can be wrong as negotiation for our FREMM final design config still being discussed

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Means our fremm just need to use bergamini class general purpose config, doesn't need to be 32 vls.

That's not what i mean, one type of radar for each type of Ship. Kronos Grand for the IH i mean and the other Kronos Dual Band with GP config minus ABM capability for the FREMM. Though i can be wrong as negotiation for our FREMM final design config still being discussed
If I to hazard a guess. I would say 🇮🇩 version of Bergamini will be in the same role & capability to that of the 🇺🇸 Constellation class, albeit using 🇮🇹 electronics + 🇪🇺 missiles

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,834
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
We must look far into the future ! Future possibilities contiengencies and what not . Bit like a condom there ....

Better have it when we not need it than need it but don't have it .

🛀🛀
Well yeah, but I prefer nakadashi

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
marinir-8_169.jpeg
marinir-7_169.jpeg
marinir-9_169.jpeg
marinir-5_169.jpeg
marinir-6_169.jpeg

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
2020-2024 programme had already set 20 Billion US Dollar budget loan, that's actually enough to provide funding for many major program already being announced like Fremm 4,9 Billion US Dollar, Rafale around six to seven Billion US Dollar, MRTT around 0,7 Billion US Dollar, that's still fucking eight Billion US Dollar left for shopping spree. And now not to mention the government willing to give more leeway beside those already set loan budget for MoD to be spent to acquire many critical technology and weapon system.

And why government willing to spend more beside those 20 Billion US Dollar of MEF III loan budget, that's because this admin actually had left many homework from previous MoD who failed to utilized MEF phase 2 budget so greatly. And there is several failed or delayed Mef phase 2 program like military satelite, Fighter acquisition program, LIFT acquisition program, modernization of T/A50 i , Submarine, Frigates, tracked IFV for army, armor for Marine and so on.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom