Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,035
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Next that AH guy will tweet that TNI-AL will be operating NuCleaRh PaWa Aircraft Carrier and you guys will be drolling over the tweet and began speculating this & that :rolleyes:

The plan had been formed since early 2016, and in 2019 Cakrawala magazine had giving snippet about Table of Organization and roles Penerbal will be taking in near future, that's including acquisition of Attack Helicopters

Screenshot_20201209_111111.jpg
Screenshot_20201209_111133.jpg
Screenshot_20201209_111152.jpg
Screenshot_20201209_111232.jpg
Screenshot_20201209_111240.jpg
Screenshot_20201209_111202.jpg
Screenshot_20201209_111225.jpg

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 1,703
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The attack helicopters is included in the Indonesian Navy procurement list during TNI Chief presentation to the DPR together with the Air Force and Army list. The Air Force list is where we can see the 32 units F-16V. I thought you guys knew that.

Can someone post the Navy list again here coz i couldn't find the pic. Thank you.

Last edited:

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,035
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The attack helicopters is included in the Indonesian Navy procurement list during TNI Chief presentation to the DPR together with the Air Force and Army list. The Air Force list is where we can see the 32 units F-16V. I thought you guys knew that. Iinm the Navy plan to buy 8 units according to the list.

Can someone post the Navy list again here. Thank you.

I am forget where the file is, but they too want to acquire CN235 cargo aircraft and for ASW Helicopter the most likely platform is Seahawks family. For Poseidon P8 A, there is plan for joint purchase with Air Force though.

Soman45

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Next that AH guy will tweet that TNI-AL will be operating NuCleaRh PaWa Aircraft Carrier and you guys will be drolling over the tweet and began speculating this & that :rolleyes:
well depend on what his tweet first....at least even his tweet become "false alarm"...his tweet worth to become discussion for our community plus there's no way his tweet suddenly come out from nowhere (i mean come on he is ex jane's contributor he got his own source even though he act like france's"makelar")

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 1,703
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I am forget where the file is, but they too want to acquire CN235 cargo aircraft and for ASW Helicopter the most likely platform is Seahawks family. For Poseidon P8 A, there is plan for joint purchase with Air Force though.
Yea the pic of the Navy list was posted in defence.pk.

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
i mean come on he is ex jane's contributor he got his own source
IHS Janes of 21st century isn't the same as Janes few decades ago. Lembaga Keris is more credible when it's come to Indonesia related matter

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Urghh this doesn't sit too well with me. I'd prefer the Navy/KorMar get something along the line of UH-1 Venom or navalised version of Blackhawk DAP rather than full-pledge attack helo
Yea, I have to agree. I am trying to digest it, its not about that we dont need it but rather the timing. But if I can assume freely perhaps Navy is really trying to complete a full set of theatrical amphibious assault scenario assets? I mean with all shoe LPD we have it will be easy to carry 3-4 AH-1Z. After all that tweet said "only a few" which most likely means 8 (2 in maint - 2 for training - 4 combat ready). Bu then again it could be just a wish that some guy leaking to Halman to get attention 😄

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Can Martadinatas carry this on its deck? In terms of MTOW it's still within Martadinata's spec (< 10 tons), I'm not sure about the dimension. It's pretty much as long as Apache.

AGM-114 Hellfire has anti-ship variant. If we really want to buy this sucker we should buy the anti-ship Hellfire too.

Another good news about Hellfire is that it's actually capable of destroying UAV/drones from helicopter launcher. Israeli Air Force once used Hellfire to successfully destroy Iranian UAV from their Apache.

So we can probably use AH-1Z Viper for anti-ship and anti-drones warfare from the sea/coastline.

Too bad we don't have ASW helo.

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Can Martadinatas carry this on its deck? In terms of MTOW it's still within Martadinata's spec (< 10 tons), I'm not sure about the dimension. It's pretty much as long as Apache.

AGM-114 Hellfire has anti-ship variant. If we really want to buy this sucker we should buy the anti-ship Hellfire too.

Another good news about Hellfire is that it's actually capable of destroying UAV/drones from helicopter launcher. Israeli Air Force once used Hellfire to successfully destroy Iranian UAV from their Apache.

So we can probably use AH-1Z Viper for anti-ship and anti-drones warfare from the sea/coastline.

ah-1Z most likely will become banpur for marines , they are not really up to the role for anti ship , european MPA chopper with Marte-ER / Sea Venom are more suited for the job

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
ah-1Z most likely will become banpur for marines , they are not really up to the role for anti ship , european MPA chopper with Marte-ER / Sea Venom are more suited for the job

Perhaps Seahawk is the better option. Anti-ship + anti-submarine cap.

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

We are far from ready to welcome china's warship and subs in North Natuna Sea. Seahawk should be the first before Viper.

kooppyyy

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The attack helicopters is included in the Indonesian Navy procurement list during TNI Chief presentation to the DPR together with the Air Force and Army list. The Air Force list is where we can see the 32 units F-16V. I thought you guys knew that. Iinm the Navy plan to buy 8 units according to the list.

Can someone post the Navy list again here coz i couldn't find the pic. Thank you.
I only remember the requirement for MUH on that slide, must've missed the AH bit.
Yea, I have to agree. I am trying to digest it, its not about that we dont need it but rather the timing. But if I can assume freely perhaps Navy is really trying to complete a full set of theatrical amphibious assault scenario assets? I mean with all shoe LPD we have it will be easy to carry 3-4 AH-1Z. After all that tweet said "only a few" which most likely means 8 (2 in maint - 2 for training - 4 combat ready). Bu then again it could be just a wish that some guy leaking to Halman to get attention 😄
Indeed. It's a matter of priority unless we are flushed with cash, more ASW and MUH should take front rows imo. Hell, let's talk replacing those old BTR-50 first, then we talk about dedicated attack helo.

There's no point in these helos to be carried aboard the Martadinatas. These helos would be carried in the LPDs along with the marines to serve as a banpur. The capacity for helo deployment aboard Martadinata should be reserve for ASW helo

lemons

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

This one?

FB_IMG_1607510760503.jpg

I actually wasn't surprised when AH-1Z rumor suddenly pops up, because based on 2020 Navy Renbut, they need attack helos. And I am quite happy when I know Zulu is rumoured candidate for Naval AH.

Last edited:

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
This one?

View attachment 8252

I actually wasn't surprised when AH-1Z rumor suddenly pops up, because based on 2020 Navy Renbut, they need attack helos. And I am quite happy when I know Zulu is rumoured candidate for Naval AH.

Those AKPA & AKS projects should be among priorities. I trust U.S. Pacific fleet to handle china's carriers and its fighters. It's their warships and submarines that could be too many to handle.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
22 12,852
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I like the cold war concepts of spear and shield between US-Japan. The US acted as the spear while Japan the shield (ASW stuff, protecting sea lanes)

But then we have to have some sort of military alliance with Washington, something that Jakarta has disapproved.

schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,514
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I like the cold war concepts of spear and shield between US-Japan. The US acted as the spear while Japan the shield (ASW stuff, protecting sea lanes)

But then we have to have some sort of military alliance with Washington, something that Jakarta has disapproved.
Or we can using Switzerland (de jure neutral country) scheme of Cold War Era Alliance with US, British, French and other NATO countries.

The scheme was quite low profile, actually no one knows that, even majority or even all of the peoples in Parliament don't know about that. That alliance was called Project 26 or P-26 in short.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,035
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Or we can using Switzerland (de jure neutral country) scheme of Cold War Era Alliance with US, British, French and other NATO countries.

The scheme was quite low profile, actually no one knows that, even majority or even all of the peoples in Parliament don't know about that. That alliance was called Project 26 or P-26 in short.

You know when Indonesia can order P8A Poseidon formally that's mean Indonesia had further agree for the next step of Bilateral agreement with US

Top Bottom