Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,572
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It took about 1 year to know which second hand frigate is chosen for IRF, we may need to wait till next year to know about the chosen interim submarine.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Yonmarhanlan (base Defender, Marine Battalion)

213058410_3811365385638443_1475948156614175354_n.jpg
212990144_3811365438971771_4233951469416053793_n.jpg
213341149_3811365345638447_8665261272612650594_n.jpg

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,564
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Btw how much Soryu's price when they offered to attack class australian program?

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Suryo or Oyasuek is more reasonably, as they look at surface displacement weight around 2800 tonnes
I agree, this is reasonable and perhaps inline with the commitment couple of Japan automative industries to invest here as well as counter trade balance. I really dont see anyone putting their used 214 up for sale, for 209 there are some possibilities. Soryu class is nice, the transition otw to IOC would be painful and I hope it doesnt come with japanese advanced Panci 😉 . Used 209 would make the transition to IOC and involvement of PT.Pal for refit/refurbish become more clearer. Tho between those two my ego lean toward Soryu. Anyway who knows with the help of TKMS we could find good used 209/214, we need sea denial capability and submarine is perfect for it.

archwings

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
speaking of fremm, apparently according to the latest naval news video, we'll be getting the ASW version?
from 0:58 to 1:20

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,564
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
speaking of fremm, apparently according to the latest naval news video, we'll be getting the ASW version?
from 0:58 to 1:20
I hope atleast they will kept the strales, milas missile and netuno ecm for ID. Btw thats a good looking Sigma with steroids. And lool at the lockheed lcs, why they put a lot of manned machine gun . Escpecially when the ship speeding at 30++knt

Last edited:

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
And lool at the lockheed lcs, why they put a lot of manned machine gun . Escpecially when the ship speeding at 30++knt
Different design philosophy. Furthermore, you only need those machine guns at low speed. Above 12 kts you ought to use other weapon (preferably a guided one)

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
After Nanggala case, i would prefer for TNI AL to stay out of Nuclear powered Submarine which needed more rigorous discipline for most of the time of their operational and at docks which something TNI AL and MoD doesn't have at the moment.

I agree, this is reasonable and perhaps inline with the commitment couple of Japan automative industries to invest here as well as counter trade balance. I really dont see anyone putting their used 214 up for sale, for 209 there are some possibilities. Soryu class is nice, the transition otw to IOC would be painful and I hope it doesnt come with japanese advanced Panci 😉 . Used 209 would make the transition to IOC and involvement of PT.Pal for refit/refurbish become more clearer. Tho between those two my ego lean toward Soryu. Anyway who knows with the help of TKMS we could find good used 209/214, we need sea denial capability and submarine is perfect for it.

Agree, I'll say NO to nuclear submarine. Besides, the MoD stated clearly during Rapim that he aims for Lithium-ion battery powered Scorpene.

If Naval Group can't give us what he wants, then who else produce Lithium-ion battery powered submarine and willingly export them to us?

(Too bad this SURYO guy never sings in Japanese)

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I wonder why we didnt pursue the french aip? Not proven yet?
I assume its because the cost but mostly the operational requirement. AIP is expensive and the official published operational requirement I know that standout from other "regular" sub is the ability to fire Missiles. That makes the AIP being put into nice to have thing. The pre-emptive doctrine we try to implement is a work in progress, once the passive defence part is mostly done (MEF Program) then perhaps we can start thinking of having AIP and other more advance electronic device for non defensive purpose such as nguping negara tetangga 😁

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,572
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
How about Japanese submarine other than soryu class.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,490
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The oldest is launched in 96 the newest in 2008, definitely not that old.
yes the thing is Japan MSDF requirement for attack subs are 22, if they had more than that they'll retire the boats , either they're new or old.

Now the JMSDF operate 12 Soryu class boats, with 11 Oyashio and 2 Taigei under various stage of construction.

surely more than the 22 requirement.

Top Bottom