Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

Stuka Dive

Professional
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
This will only happen if the military relationship between Indonesia and Germany reached Norwegian-German level.
This could be better or worst, depends on how we manage the issue of our nickel export to europe, especially Germany.

Captain Wales

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The hull shape remind me of astute class ssn
well the use of angled surface as a stealth feature in submarine is nothing new, it's been around since the 70's with trafalgar-class sub.
t class.jpg

and with astute in 2000
astute class.jpg

only the different between them with 212CD (and the future Royal Navy SSBN/SSN) that the angled surface run the whole boat instead only on the front.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,415
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It's been quite some time now that the navy operate medium helicopter from their deck.

Wish the navy could bring this capability back. Iirc we have a exocet launching Puma back in the 80s.

images

H-225 with AM-39

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,543
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Navy Horizon magazine, October edition. From the look of it the navy still has an interest for the 30FFM.
Quoting the magazine
"Fifth, the FFM-type frigates offered to Indonesia are
designed to have the same capability as destroyers
but are capable of being operated by 100 crew
members, which is half the amount required by a
destroyer-type vessel"
Okay same capability as destroyer so more than standard 16 vls?

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,543
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Last edited:

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Do H255m has ASuW variant?

AFAIK, there's no dedicated ASUW variants. But one can be configured to be mount ASUW weaponery, such dipping sonar and torps. But it will need some major modifications if the user want to put hull mounted radar/sonar such S-60R.

But, i kind of surprised tho to hear Navy have small interest towards airbus Helos than IDArmy wich prefer BlackHawk.

One of many most of my concern was toward simplicity of any military asset. It will be bad day if you ever encounter logistical nightmare.

Last edited:

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
AFAIK, there's no dedicated ASUW variants. But one can be configured to be mount ASUW weaponery, such dipping sonar and torps. But it will need some major modifications if the user want to put hull mounted radar/sonar such S-60R.

But, i kind of surprised tho to hear Navy have small interest towards airbus Helos than IDArmy wich prefer BlackHawk.

One of many most of my concern was toward simplicity of any military asset. It will be bad day if you ever encounter logistical nightmare.
H145M should be the best candidate when penerbad wanted to decomissioned their bolkow.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,415
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Umigami asks if H225M has ASuW variant not ASW.

Top Bottom