Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Will it be armed with chinesse made hardware?
Although there's still no official statement about it yet, but I think it won't be armed with Chinese weapons especially after our Navy Chief of Staff himself who said that they planned for the ship to be based in Natuna and Ambalat. The most likely candidate for its AShM is either Exocet or RB-15. The latter if the original plan from years ago still applies now.

But in any case, this is still very much a guess.

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Although there's still no official statement about it yet, but I think it won't be armed with Chinese weapons especially after our Navy Chief of Staff himself who said that they planned for the ship to be based in Natuna and Ambalat. The most likely candidate for its AShM is either Exocet or RB-15. The latter if the original plan from years ago still applies now.

But in any case, this is still very much a guess.
Is The main role Of KRI GOLOK will be FAC for base deffece ?

If it so, i didnt spot exactly where the provision to put AShM and RCWS.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
What is the pros using RB 15 instead of exocet?
Well, a larger and heavier warhead (200 kg vs 165 kg) for one. It's also said to have a capability to attack land targets especially in its latest version. Other than these two I guess other specs between them are pretty much similar since they both are still subsonic missiles with comparable range.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If it so, i didnt spot exactly where the provision to put AShM and RCWS.
See this boxy structure in the ship's aft section? The one marked with a red circle?

01_Peluncuran-KRI-Golok-IMG_20210821_122500ED.jpg

That's the place on both sides of the ship for two or four AShM embedded inside that section. On top of the superstructure just ahead the ship's mast, either a 40 mm or a 30 mm cannon will be installed there - I'm assuming that it will be encased within a special housing.

As for CIWS, there's still room behind the ship between the missile section. If not, it's also possible to just forego the naval cannon installation and use the space for the CIWS instead.

Another interesting thing is that, if I recall correctly, in their old brochure that was shown years ago, there was a CGI render where an anti aircraft missile being launched from the "nose" section. I'm assuming, again, that if this still true, the anti aircraft missile will be short range, in the same class as the Mistral or something like it.

Edit:

Is The main role Of KRI GOLOK will be FAC for base deffece ?

Take this as you will:

"Dengan kecepatan yang tinggi dan daya hancurnya yang besar kapal ini diharapkan akan mampu melaksanakan taktik kapal cepat rudal yaitu hit and run," kata Yudo.

Last edited:

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
See this boxy structure in the ship's aft section? The one marked with a red circle?

View attachment 29279

That's the place on both sides of the ship for two or four AShM embedded inside that section. On top of the superstructure just ahead the ship's mast, either a 40 mm or a 30 mm cannon will be installed there - I'm assuming that it will be encased within a special housing.

As for CIWS, there's still room behind the ship between the missile section. If not, it's also possible to just forego the naval cannon installation and use the space for the CIWS instead.

Another interesting thing is that, if I recall correctly, in their old brochure that was shown years ago, there was a CGI render where an anti aircraft missile being launched from the "nose" section. I'm assuming, again, that if this still true, the anti aircraft missile will be short range, in the same class as the Mistral or something like it.

Edit:

Take this as you will:

Latest CGI.

Last edited:

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
looks nice if using turret like below
hms_hc3a4rnc3b6sand_and_soldiers-e1566372058992.jpg
Indeed. In fact, there was a modified "Klewang II" design which features the very same gun and its turret as the one in the last picture - or so, I assume, since I'm not well versed in naval guns technology.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Anyway... This got me thinking:

"Dengan kecepatan yang tinggi dan daya hancurnya yang besar kapal ini diharapkan akan mampu melaksanakan taktik kapal cepat rudal yaitu hit and run," kata Yudo.

Surely you need a really fast boat to do that.

I'm not holding my breath for the real performance of KRI Golok to actually match what was once told: 50 knots. But the design of the ship, its displacement as well as its engines and its propulsion systems, all should make it more than capable of reaching a speed in excess of 30 knots.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,529
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Btw, so we cancelled the batch ii changbogo?

Berharap u218 hdw/tkms .Anyway, why dont we spam u209 mod1400 like egypt, and then buy a few u214 or u218 for the upper quality. But getting scorpene is nice tho, and if france good enough maybe the could offer us the MCDN export ver.
No , we would have to honored the allready written deal . Albeit with a such heavy reluctance and old ladies grumbling in between .
It's about honour and reputation ... yet it would tarnish both our long nurtured and cerished relationship in the long run ...

Sigh ..
How can we end up with these situation seriously.

Btw Does PAL currently really building a submarine and will be completed this november? Even though we are still contemplating wether or not to continue nagapasa batch 2 just a while ago.

Does they have direct access to the sea? Or they are currently borrowing someone else land? Thus the previous contract about repairing obyek wisata and replanting several trees after launching ceremony.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,529
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
During the ceremony, Admiral Margono said that the Trimaran was the first ship made of composite material which has the advantages of high specific strength, lighter weight, and has excellent fatigue resistance and corrosion resistance. Therefore, this ship can be used as a prototype trimaran ship, for development purpose.

According to a TNI AL statement, KRI Golok (688) has a total length (Loa) of 62.53 meters, a width of 16 meters, a ship height of 18.7 meters and a weight of 53.1 tons (ed. note: PT Lundin mentions a displacement of 245 tons). Maximum speed of 28 knots, cruising speed of 16 knots. The vessel is armed with 30 mm cannon and 12.7 mm gun and is capable of carrying 25 crew members.

Max speed 28 knots that's disappointing.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom