Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
So KCR60M then? And this kind of ship will be produced by PAL.. Which is already launched 6 ships and on going with another 2? And this Tesco variant only 1 sample rite?

PAL would not get further order for more kcr 60 class

deadlast

Committed member
Professional
Reactions
2 352
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
So KCR60M then? And this kind of ship will be produced by PAL.. Which is already launched 6 ships and on going with another 2? And this Tesco variant only 1 sample rite?
There are no announcements regarding Tesco order anyways, the only source mention this particular vessel is Janes, they too were told that some details were classified (my guess that this KCR is going to be platform for USV mothership, don't quote me on this).

For PT PAL I don't think they're going to have any leeway to built another KCR for the near future with all the ongoing construction and planned project they currently has.

As for Tesco KCR number, if the contract with havelsan for 'KCR90 CMS' during IndoDefence was infact for KCR60 instead, then we're maybe going to get 3x unit of Tesco KCR60. CMIIW.

munyb

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Papua New Guinea
There are no announcements regarding Tesco order anyways, the only source mention this particular vessel is Janes, they too were told that some details were classified (my guess that this KCR is going to be platform for USV mothership, don't quote me on this).

For PT PAL I don't think they're going to have any leeway to built another KCR for the near future with all the ongoing construction and planned project they currently has.

As for Tesco KCR number, if the contract with havelsan for 'KCR90 CMS' during IndoDefence was infact for KCR60 instead, then we're maybe going to get 3x unit of Tesco KCR60. CMIIW.
Tesco variant just show when IndoDefence held last Nov. MOD himself see the ship at Pondok Dayung, while maneuvering.. And surprisingly.. It's quite good shape and speedy

deadlast

Committed member
Professional
Reactions
2 352
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Tesco variant just show when IndoDefence held last Nov. MOD himself see the ship at Pondok Dayung, while maneuvering.. And surprisingly.. It's quite good shape and speedy
Yes but there are no announcements/ceremony of it's first steel cutting/keel laying either, which is quite surprising for this country 'ceremony' culture.

Shape is meh? nothing special really, the important bit is the hull form design & weight distribution, messed it up a bit then you got the original KCR stability issues, for speed it's not that surprising, the powerplant itself is much more powerful and it has both propeller for eco mode and twin water-jets for top speed compared to only twin propeller on PT PAL KCR60.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
There is a recommendation for further cooperation in Submarine production. Just like i had said before the deal most likely would be continued but with more notes and caution

Sementara itu Iqbal Fikri menerangkan melalui batch-1 pengadaan kapal selam dari Korea Selatan, tenaga kerja PT. PAL berhasil melaksanakan joint section kapal selam tanpa cacat dan membangun sendiri fasilitas produksi kapal selam terkait. Kendati ada sejumlah catatan perbaikan, baik KKIP maupun PT. PAL melihat ada potensi pengembangan kapabilitas industri kapal selam yang menjanjikan jika ada kesinambungan pada kegiatan bersama Korea Selatan tersebut.

Menutup rangkaian kunjungan kerja, rombongan KKIP diajak untuk melihat sarana-prasarana produksi dan perbaikan kapal selam yang sudah dimiliki oleh PT. PAL.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom