Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

satria

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
8 1,558
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

2 I-class frigates for Indonesia?
if you take the one that is being built is okay, to accelerate its presence like PPA but if you build from scratch hopefully change it like Tf2000

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
69 9,360
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
if you take the one that is being built is okay, to accelerate its presence like PPA but if you build from scratch hopefully change it like Tf2000
Turkey is currently building 3 Istif class ships. While it is not impossible for one or two of them to be transferred to Indonesia, I don't see it happening because navy is growing at a nearly exponential rate and they need ships to replace old ones. Maybe transfer one and one new build, could be interesting.

TF-2000 is about to start first production and it is by no means ready for export I think.

satria

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
8 1,558
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Turkey is currently building 3 Istif class ships. While it is not impossible for one or two of them to be transferred to Indonesia, I don't see it happening because navy is growing at a nearly exponential rate and they need ships to replace old ones. Maybe transfer one and one new build, could be interesting.

TF-2000 is about to start first production and it is by no means ready for export I think.
Do you know how long to buil istif class.? Coz Indonesia looking for new ship fast , coz last MOD fail to build new ship

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
69 9,360
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Do you know how long to buil istif class.? Coz Indonesia looking for new ship fast , coz last MOD fail to build new ship
First one took ages due to planning and subsystem embargoes that required almost all weapons and radar systems to be changed. Next ones were ordered in 2023 and second ship is expected for 2026 with other 2 to follow very closely.

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,755
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

May i know how much does its cost? Roughly.

There are rumours around military enthusiats, that TF2000 will be the contender against the type 52D, 2 + 2 for AL Destroyer. 2 luyang, others will be TF2000.

While type 52D is known as cheaper options than the european counterparts, i dont know about the TF2000.

satria

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
8 1,558
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

May i know how much does its cost? Roughly.

There are rumours around military enthusiats, that TF2000 will be the contender against the type 52D, 2 + 2 for AL Destroyer. 2 luyang, others will be TF2000.

While type 52D is known as cheaper options than the european counterparts, i dont know about the TF2000.
If TF2000 not available, than Louyang will be our destroyer ...
No destroyer no party ...

also If Istif class take more than 4 years to build, maybe our DoD will change the project

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom